Ex Players

3171 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Ex Players

by Stranded » 31 Aug 2023 11:46

Orion1871 Sheffield Wednesday have submitted official loan bids for Newcastle United duo, Isaac Hayden and Jeff Hendrick, with the Owls keen to bring the NUFC pair in before the window closes. Talks ongoing at this point in time.

Wednesday accepting relegation in August then.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 31 Aug 2023 11:51

Lol sometimes players just don’t work or fit at clubs. I’m sure Hendricks is a good player. You don’t play that many international games (79) for the ROI and get snapped up by premier league teams if your shit. He just didn’t really hit it off here. He could do well for another team

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 31 Aug 2023 12:01

Brogue Lol sometimes players just don’t work or fit at clubs. I’m sure Hendricks is a good player. You don’t play that many international games (79) for the ROI and get snapped up by premier league teams if your shit. He just didn’t really hit it off here. He could do well for another team

Problem is that it's now Newcastle, QPR and us where it hasn't really worked out for him. Three clubs in a row isn't a good sign.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2023 12:33

Brogue Lol sometimes players just don’t work or fit at clubs. I’m sure Hendricks is a good player. You don’t play that many international games (79) for the ROI and get snapped up by premier league teams if your shit. He just didn’t really hit it off here. He could do well for another team

He was a good player. Now he's a bang average player with lead in his boots.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Aug 2023 12:51

Snowflake Royal

This. Was a very good lower end PL/top end Champ player. Some players have a big drop off as they age especially if they have had an injury. Hendrick had moments with us and I'm not sure if joining another club with issues, who appear to be in freefall despite last years promotion, is likely to reverse his fortunes but good luck to him.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Aug 2023 13:19

Stranded
Orion1871 Sheffield Wednesday have submitted official loan bids for Newcastle United duo, Isaac Hayden and Jeff Hendrick, with the Owls keen to bring the NUFC pair in before the window closes. Talks ongoing at this point in time.

Wednesday accepting relegation in August then.

Looking to complete a double with Sheffield United.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 01 Sep 2023 11:25

Tennai Watson signs for Charlton from MK Dons.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Sep 2023 12:14

Glad he seems.to be getting his career back on track. Was a good young player who seemed to get screwed over by injury.

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 01 Sep 2023 12:26

Yeah looked really promising for us as a real youngster (maybe aged 17/18) then got held back by injury and falling out of favour.

Hope he does well, good luck to him.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 Sep 2023 12:45

Stranded
Snowflake Royal

This. Was a very good lower end PL/top end Champ player. Some players have a big drop off as they age especially if they have had an injury. Hendrick had moments with us and I'm not sure if joining another club with issues, who appear to be in freefall despite last years promotion, is likely to reverse his fortunes but good luck to him.

I think suspecting he was at QPR who were going backwards at the time, then joined us who went down and now he's potentially going to Wednesday who are towards the bottom of this early stage, that would suggest where his level is, bottom end Championship. I wouldn't be too surprised if he ended up in L1 next season if things don't work out at Wednesday.

Not to say he's the reason why these clubs were going backwards, but he was a part of it. I personally don't think he was as bad as some make out, but he wasn't a great player either, was just ok in a poor team.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Sep 2023 12:55

YorkshireRoyal99
Stranded
Snowflake Royal He was a good player. Now he's a bang average player with lead in his boots.

I think suspecting he was at QPR who were going backwards at the time, then joined us who went down and now he's potentially going to Wednesday who are towards the bottom of this early stage, that would suggest where his level is, bottom end Championship. I wouldn't be too surprised if he ended up in L1 next season if things don't work out at Wednesday.

Not to say he's the reason why these clubs were going backwards, but he was a part of it. I personally don't think he was as bad as some make out, but he wasn't a great player either, was just ok in a poor team.

His problem is he just doesn't contribute anything very valuable.

He's got no pace or accelleration so he can't track back well, burst onto a ball or beat a man.

His shooting is wild so the odd screamer goes in but mostly it's row z, tame as you like or miles wide. The guy has never had a great scoring record.

He's rarely in a position to cross because he's central midfield and not mobile. He's not good at through balls or clever passes to create an opening. He's never had a great assisting record.

His best season for attacking is 14/15 when he got 7 goals and 9 assists. He's never got even remotely near that since. That was almost 10 years ago.

All he can do is play simple short passes in the middle of the pitch and has a decent first touch. That's the base level players need to build an area of expertise off, not be their main quality.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 01 Sep 2023 18:28

George Evans has gone from Millwall to Wrexham, prob more money the wages they are paying

Esteban

by Esteban » 01 Sep 2023 18:38

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Stranded

He's got no pace or accelleration so he can't track back well, burst onto a ball or beat a man.

His shooting is wild so the odd screamer goes in but mostly it's row z, tame as you like or miles wide. The guy has never had a great scoring record.

He's rarely in a position to cross because he's central midfield and not mobile. He's not good at through balls or clever passes to create an opening. He's never had a great assisting record.

His best season for attacking is 14/15 when he got 7 goals and 9 assists. He's never got even remotely near that since. That was almost 10 years ago.

All he can do is play simple short passes in the middle of the pitch and has a decent first touch. That's the base level players need to build an area of expertise off, not be their main quality.

Agreed, although I would respectfully offer you a James Harper as an example of someone who made a very good career out of similar traits. He was a lot better at them than Jeff is, mind you.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Sep 2023 19:08

Esteban
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Agreed, although I would respectfully offer you a James Harper as an example of someone who made a very good career out of similar traits. He was a lot better at them than Jeff is, mind you.

Difference with Harper is he was the fittest player on the pitch so he got to absolutely everything. And he scored a few goals too.

download

by download » 01 Sep 2023 20:22

Gylfi Sigurdsson has joined Danish top division side Lyngby on a one-year contract. Given that no police charges were made, would we have had him back ?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Sep 2023 06:52

George Evans has joined Parky at FC Hollywood for an undisclosed fee from Millwall.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Sep 2023 17:27

Agent Fornah scores the winning goal for Bolton in his Derby debut

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 04 Sep 2023 11:39

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Sep 2023 12:38

....and says absolutely nothing bar being "received well by the boys". :shock:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Sep 2023 13:05

Yeah, appreciate the thought, but 3 sentences from the cliche dispenser padded out to about 4 paragraphs really wasn't worth my time

3171 posts