Ex Players

3242 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ex Players

by Hendo » 07 May 2024 13:06

Hound Also noted that we may come up against Stephen Quinn who Mansfield have offered a new deal to

Wouldn’t have expected that after his injuries here. Quality player though, really liked him

Yep, bit like McShane, jut badly dropped away from the level needed after injuries.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 May 2024 13:08

One Beer is never enough. Wasn't Emerse Fae a record signing at the time? I could (and am most likely wrong). He again was hit and miss, some really strong games, but mostly powderpuff.

He was. I can't recall anything that wasn’t pure rubbish from him though.

Alongside Halford.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 07 May 2024 13:57

Bit harsh to call Convey hit and miss. Ok it took him a while to settle but then he was brilliant until the bad knee injury that he never seemed to fully recover from. Hardly his fault.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 07 May 2024 14:10

Hound Wonder when the release list is coming?

Got me into checking what happened to last years lot, pretty much a tale of failure

Loum went to Saudi, seems to have played a fair bit there - 26 games from what I can see

Casadei didn’t really kick on like I thought he might - 8(14) appearances for Leicester and 69 prem league minutes. Needs a big season next year

Jeff Hendrick barely played for Sheff Weds

Just 4 FA cup appearances for Lumley for Soton

Tom Ince 8(19) appearances for Watford and think they are keen to get rid. 2 goals, 2 assists and only 839 mins

Yakou Meite must have been doing something right to rack up 26(12) appearances for Cardiff whilst managing a feeble 2 goals and 1 assist.

Dann retired. Moore we know went to Northampton and was released after 5(3) appearances

Can’t think if I’ve missed anyone there

Just on Casadei, he went back to Chelsea mid-season and has been coming on as a sub quite a lot recently.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 May 2024 14:34

One Beer is never enough. Wasn't Emerse Fae a record signing at the time? I could (and am most likely wrong). He again was hit and miss, some really strong games, but mostly powderpuff.

I think you were mistaking him for someone who wasn't Emerse Fae. He was utterly spineless and only played 8 games for us.

To be fair we should have been warned because it's what the Nantes fans were saying about him as well. I remember when we played up at Bolton, we got gubbed 3-0 and he sauntered around like it was a training session, got caught out of position countess times and repeatedly blamed 19 year old debutant Scott Goldbourne for his fcuk ups.

Philly Flyer

by Philly Flyer » 07 May 2024 15:13

6ft Kerplunk Bit harsh to call Convey hit and miss. Ok it took him a while to settle but then he was brilliant until the bad knee injury that he never seemed to fully recover from. Hardly his fault.

+1

Also one of the few (only?) Reading players to play in a World Cup Finals competition (in 2006)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 May 2024 16:08

South Coast Royal

Got me into checking what happened to last years lot, pretty much a tale of failure

Loum went to Saudi, seems to have played a fair bit there - 26 games from what I can see

Casadei didn’t really kick on like I thought he might - 8(14) appearances for Leicester and 69 prem league minutes. Needs a big season next year

Tom Ince 8(19) appearances for Watford and think they are keen to get rid. 2 goals, 2 assists and only 839 mins

Yakou Meite must have been doing something right to rack up 26(12) appearances for Cardiff whilst managing a feeble 2 goals and 1 assist.

Dann retired. Moore we know went to Northampton and was released after 5(3) appearances

Just on Casadei, he went back to Chelsea mid-season and has been coming on as a sub quite a lot recently.

Yep - did pick up on that. As far as i can see only managed 69mins of game time for them since he went back

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 07 May 2024 16:11

Hound
South Coast Royal

Yep - did pick up on that. As far as i can see only managed 69mins of game time for them since he went back

It must be 4 or 5 times that I have seen him come on but maybe it has only been for 15 minutes or so at a time.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 07 May 2024 17:25

Hull sack Liam Rosenior for finishing seventh in the Championship! https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cz7420r56d4o

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 07 May 2024 17:43

6ft Kerplunk Bit harsh to call Convey hit and miss. Ok it took him a while to settle but then he was brilliant until the bad knee injury that he never seemed to fully recover from. Hardly his fault.

Genuine q - what does hit and miss have to do with whose fault it was a player wasn't consistent?

No one is blaming Convey for taking time to settle (and I think the club did a solid one for him there, as he was way off the pace when he first joined)

Lita scored 8 Premiership goals in 2 seasons for us (something like 45 games, give or take). It's OK at best, a key fact feels like it should be noted that 6 of the goals come in one glorious month - Boxing day to early February in that first season.

Emerse Fae, I think, didn't play in a Reading win.
The lad that came in alongside, Kalifa Cisse, did a bit better a league below.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 07 May 2024 17:45

Philly Flyer

+1

Also one of the few (only?) Reading players to play in a World Cup Finals competition (in 2006)

Hahnemann was in the US squad with him wasn't he?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 May 2024 17:48

6ft Kerplunk
Philly Flyer

+1

Hahnemann was in the US squad with him wasn't he?

Yes, but didn't play.

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 07 May 2024 18:00

MartinRdg Hull sack Liam Rosenior for finishing seventh in the Championship! https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cz7420r56d4o

I think they'll come to regret this...look at Birmingham.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 May 2024 18:24

stealthpapes

Genuine q - what does hit and miss have to do with whose fault it was a player wasn't consistent?

No one is blaming Convey for taking time to settle (and I think the club did a solid one for him there, as he was way off the pace when he first joined)

Lita scored 8 Premiership goals in 2 seasons for us (something like 45 games, give or take). It's OK at best, a key fact feels like it should be noted that 6 of the goals come in one glorious month - Boxing day to early February in that first season.

Yeah this.

Convey made less than 100 appearances in about 5 seasons for us. When he was settled and fit he was top notch, but I think we should be looking for than one season and bits of quality in a record signing.

But that isn't a criticism of him, it's circumstance. Fae, by contrast, was just a total waster who was responsible for his own ineptness.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 07 May 2024 19:34

Yep, but he was a last resort. Sidwell was gone and we knew that was happening, but all the players we had lined up to replace him (e.g. Scott Brown from Hibs) turned us down and we felt we needed to get someone so Fae was the end result. Due to lack of time we missed out all the Steps we'd normally do at that time before buying someone, so we knew it was a big risk but pragmatically had no real alternative that to take it.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 07 May 2024 19:38

Liam Kelly opens scoring for Crawley vs MK Non-Club.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 May 2024 20:49

Dirk Gently

Yep, but he was a last resort. Sidwell was gone and we knew that was happening, but all the players we had lined up to replace him (e.g. Scott Brown from Hibs) turned us down and we felt we needed to get someone so Fae was the end result. Due to lack of time we missed out all the Steps we'd normally do at that time before buying someone, so we knew it was a big risk but pragmatically had no real alternative that to take it.

We were interested in Fae the summer before.

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 08 May 2024 01:13

stealthpapes

It is very likely I am confusing him with Cisse - I imbibed quite a lot before games during that period :D

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 May 2024 09:24

Liam Rosenior very harshly sacked by Hull. I suspect other good opportunities will become available for him, and I hope this backfires on Hull.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 08 May 2024 09:56

WestYorksRoyal Liam Rosenior very harshly sacked by Hull. I suspect other good opportunities will become available for him, and I hope this backfires on Hull.

+1

Though I am not a fan of Liam Rosenior, and notwithstanding what may be happening in the background that outsiders aren't privy to, I think a team like Hull sacking their Manager for finishing 7th in the Championship is utter madness; they need to identify where they need to strengthen for next season, and then go out and back the Manager in the transfer market, not sack the guy!

Yet another deluded owner who knows nothing about English football (despite having owned Hull for Years.....)

Hopefully their owner doesn't look at Ruben as a potential replacement!

3242 posts