Ex Players

3235 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ex Players

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Feb 2024 17:12

Hendo Red card was indeed overturned for TMc, but has fractured his ankle and as such is out for the rest of the season.

Such a shame, a really likeable player, but has really suffered with injuries.

People that are laughing at him are real sad sacks.

I don't think anyone's laughing at McIntyre particularly*, more the whole situation of an injury prone player moving to a rival club for what many see as a below a fair price, , then getting a season ending injury on debut.

That's certainly quite ironic. Its also Pompey so any misfortune befalling them is, by default, funny.

*ok, maybe on Twitter but that's a cesspool.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Feb 2024 17:31

From Despair To Where?
Hendo Red card was indeed overturned for TMc, but has fractured his ankle and as such is out for the rest of the season.

I don't think anyone's laughing at McIntyre particularly*, more the whole situation of an injury prone player moving to a rival club for what many see as a below a fair price, , then getting a season ending injury on debut.

That's certainly quite ironic. Its also Pompey so any misfortune befalling them is, by default, funny.

Yes, on Twitter, which is a cesspool, but this is fucking pathetic -> https://twitter.com/CScott____/status/1755242874621317497

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Feb 2024 17:41

That is uncalled for.

It's why I rarely go on Twitter

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 07 Feb 2024 18:12

It's not funny at all for Tom and I feel for him, it is funny for the Pompey twitter fans saying they'd mugged us and bigging up the player to be something he clearly isn't.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Feb 2024 18:15

It vindicates the move for TMac. If he was still here the injury would be a disaster with his contract up in the summer; he would have been an injured player desperately searching for a gig. As it is, he has 2 years to force himself back into the team at Portsmouth.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Feb 2024 18:47

….and is on their sick-bed and wage bill, nor ours.

Good luck Tom….I know members of the ground staff will miss you.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Feb 2024 19:20

Hendo
From Despair To Where?

Yes, on Twitter, which is a cesspool, but this is fucking pathetic -> https://twitter.com/CScott____/status/1755242874621317497

Yep that chap is a total clown though tbh

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Feb 2024 19:40

If you culled everyone with a twitter account the general IQ and happiness of the world would go up several points.

THere'd be some sad collateral damage but net positive

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Feb 2024 08:55

Hound
Hendo
From Despair To Where?

Oh yeah, fully aware of that, there are just some really hateful people out there.

I sometime look at what he tweets and if I am in total disagreement, I know I'm pretty much on the right track.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Feb 2024 09:20

Hendo
Hound
Hendo

Oh yeah, fully aware of that, there are just some really hateful people out there.

I sometime look at what he tweets and if I am in total disagreement, I know I'm pretty much on the right track.

Yep same. Just an unpleasant character looking for attention.

Not sure what Twitter does to some people. Just seems free reign to be as vile as possible

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Feb 2024 09:24

Would much prefer pompey Bolton and derby out this division for next season personally. Getting three of the biggest teams out of the league can only be good for us next season if we still exist and still in this division of course. With Rotherham looking likely to come down and sheff we’d and qpr in a financial quagmire I can’t see them posing the same threat as the other three.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Feb 2024 09:28

Brogue Would much prefer pompey Bolton and derby out this division for next season personally. Getting three of the biggest teams out of the league can only be good for us next season if we still exist and still in this division of course. With Rotherham looking likely to come down and sheff we’d and qpr in a finical quagmire I can’t see them posing the same threat as the other three.

Tend to agree, would probably add Peterborough to that list as well.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Feb 2024 09:59

Hendo
Brogue Would much prefer pompey Bolton and derby out this division for next season personally. Getting three of the biggest teams out of the league can only be good for us next season if we still exist and still in this division of course. With Rotherham looking likely to come down and sheff we’d and qpr in a finical quagmire I can’t see them posing the same threat as the other three.

Tend to agree, would probably add Peterborough to that list as well.

Yeah, with Brogue on this one.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Feb 2024 10:23

Hound Rino has joined Rotherham on loan (ooc at end of season I think). Did about as well as predicted at Cardiff

Bit late to the party with this one but it’s really noticeable how many players have struggled since leaving us over the course of the past couple of seasons

Talking about the likes of Laurent, Rinomhota, Meite, Ince, Hendrick and Fornah (doesn’t even make the bench for a L1 side!). Moore and Drinkwater never found clubs (can add Ejaria although he is a recent one). Lumley hasn’t played a minute of league football. Joao and Puscas haven’t kicked on. Swift has been largely underwhelming for West Brom although alongside Dele-Bashiru, probably the best of a bad bunch. Imagine we can add McIntyre to this list if he carries on his trend of not being able to play more than 3 games without pulling up.

Don’t blame any player for wanting out given the situation we find ourselves in. But just a thought that perhaps the grass isn’t always greener

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Feb 2024 10:29

URZZZZ
Hound Rino has joined Rotherham on loan (ooc at end of season I think). Did about as well as predicted at Cardiff

Bit late to the party with this one but it’s really noticeable how many players have struggled since leaving us over the course of the past couple of seasons

Talking about the likes of Laurent, Rinomhota, Meite, Ince, Hendrick and Fornah (doesn’t even make the bench for a L1 side!). Moore and Drinkwater never found clubs (can add Ejaria although he is a recent one). Lumley hasn’t played a minute of league football. Joao and Puscas haven’t kicked on. Swift has been largely underwhelming for West Brom although alongside Dele-Bashiru, probably the best of a bad bunch. Imagine we can add McIntyre to this list if he carries on his trend of not being able to play more than 3 games without pulling up.

Don’t blame any player for wanting out given the situation we find ourselves in. But just a thought that perhaps the grass isn’t always greener

also goes to show that they were all pretty shit and the reason we've been shit for years isn't just manager related, its that the players were never really good enough. But for some reason the players never really got the grilling they deserved, and got off lightly imo. Always pointing the finger at the managers yes they have been pretty shit too, but we simply had too many journey men who were not interested or showed any passion to be here.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Feb 2024 11:58

Brogue
URZZZZ

also goes to show that they were all pretty shit and the reason we've been shit for years isn't just manager related, its that the players were never really good enough. But for some reason the players never really got the grilling they deserved, and got off lightly imo. Always pointing the finger at the managers yes they have been pretty shit too, but we simply had too many journey men who were not interested or showed any passion to be here.

It is a bit weird though - some of those like Ince and Laurent were generally good for us. I mean we can say they were shit and the managers were shit but they were good enough to keep us up or be in teams close to the play offs under Pauno

Didn’t realise Fornah wasn’t playing. Had noticed Meite’s Cardiff record is appalling (1 goal 0 assists in 25+ games), Ince not playing etc

Think Laurent and Swift have had good and bad spells - similar to what they had here.

Has there actually been any successes of who have left us in the last 2-3 years bar the mighty Olise and Osho?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Feb 2024 12:06

Hound
Brogue
URZZZZ

It is a bit weird though - some of those like Ince and Laurent were generally good for us. I mean we can say they were shit and the managers were shit but they were good enough to keep us up or be in teams close to the play offs under Pauno

Didn’t realise Fornah wasn’t playing. Had noticed Meite’s Cardiff record is appalling (1 goal 0 assists in 25+ games), Ince not playing etc

Think Laurent and Swift have had good and bad spells - similar to what they had here.

Has there actually been any successes of who have left us in the last 2-3 years bar the mighty Olise and Osho?

Danny Loader would be one
Obita has been ok at different levels since leaving, as has McCleary at Wycombe
Sam Smith was released in 2021, isn't doing too bad right now :wink:
Rafael got promoted with Cruzeiro back in Brazil
Puscas has done ok, obviously promoted with Genoa
Southwood doing ok, but not pulling trees at Cheltenham

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Feb 2024 12:19

not sure Loaders exactly smashed it. Tbf not checked his stats for a while so may have missed a progression

Smith is fair enough.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Feb 2024 12:23

Hound not sure Loaders exactly smashed it. Tbf not checked his stats for a while so may have missed a progression

Smith is fair enough.

31 goals in 114 games for Porto and Porto B isn't too bad. (22 in 63 for Porto B and 9 in 51 for Porto).

He's also played in 6 Champions League games, which is probably the highest level anyone who has recently left has played.

Also won their FA Cup, League Cup and domestic Super Cup, so has certainly added silverware.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Feb 2024 12:26

Watson has done OK for himself at Charlton

Our very own favourite Aluko is well liked amongst the Ipswich staff and supporters (although more so in a coaching and mentoring capacity rather than on the pitch)

Morrison has maintained a decent level for the stage of his career that he’s at

Not sure how the likes of Araruna and McNulty have got on

3235 posts