Ex Players

3171 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Ex Players

by paultheroyal » 16 Dec 2022 13:58

Ascotexgunner
Sutekh Charlie Austin has mutually agreed to terminate his contract with Brisbane Roar to return home for family reasons. Wonder if Reading will look at resurrecting talks with him if Andy Carroll moves on in January though AC has said he is willing to re-sign if offered an extension by the club according to the EP.

Meanwhile free agent Leandro Bacuna has signed for Watford for the rest of the season.

One for the rumours really....but Get Reading flagged up a possible return. I bloody hope not, it seems he couldn't cut it out there and after his celebrations in front of Reading fans last season after QPRs late equaliser he can f*ck right off.

Just focus on the winner he scores for us and celebration in front of their fans!!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Dec 2022 17:31

We don’t have space for him unless Carroll doesn’t re-sign anyway

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 16 Dec 2022 17:38

Hound We don’t have space for him unless Carroll doesn’t re-sign anyway

Got to say I really like the statements from AC

He seems genuinely pleased to be playing and with us, and genuinely enjoying himself

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 16 Dec 2022 17:41

Franchise FC

He seems genuinely pleased to be playing and with us, and genuinely enjoying himself

I get the impression that his preference would definitely be to extend here in January but Ince (despite his public utterances about it being Carroll's agent's decision) is waiting to see if he can get something better as his 25th player.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Dec 2022 18:17

Vision
Franchise FC

I get the impression that his preference would definitely be to extend here in January but Ince (despite his public utterances about it being Carroll's agent's decision) is waiting to see if he can get something better as his 25th player.

Hmm maybe-ish

Realistically unlikely to get anyone better, of course he’d love someone top level but it ain’t going to happen

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 16 Dec 2022 18:33

Hound
Vision
Franchise FC Got to say I really like the statements from AC

Hmm maybe-ish

Realistically unlikely to get anyone better, of course he’d love someone top level but it ain’t going to happen

I'm thinking more of a different "type" perhaps. We don't really have a "fox in the box" type of striker. Ince may be of the opinion that Meite, Long and Carroll all provide something similar.

Just my opinion but if Carroll doesn't resign I don't think the reason will be his agent or because he doesn't want to.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Dec 2022 18:46

Franchise FC

I do to, I hope he re signs......he certainly does give his all and I think he likes playing for us.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Dec 2022 19:12

Vision
Hound
Vision

Hmm maybe-ish

I'm thinking more of a different "type" perhaps. We don't really have a "fox in the box" type of striker. Ince may be of the opinion that Meite, Long and Carroll all provide something similar.

Just my opinion but if Carroll doesn't resign I don't think the reason will be his agent or because he doesn't want to.

Yep. I wouldn’t be too suprised to see Joao move on in Jan mind you. Not happening for him this season and he’s prob only got one decent contract left. Can’t be happy being 4th choice and the wage savings may mean we can keep Mbengue and Carroll

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Dec 2022 15:56

Hound
Vision
Hound
Hmm maybe-ish

Yep. I wouldn’t be too suprised to see Joao move on in Jan mind you. Not happening for him this season and he’s prob only got one decent contract left. Can’t be happy being 4th choice and the wage savings may mean we can keep Mbengue and Carroll

True about Joao, we might recoup some cash for him as well and if it means we can pick someone like Charlie Austin up for 6 months, possibly revive our interest in Theo Walcott if that deal is available of give more opportunities for Azeez for some extra pace there, then we will probably be alright. Losing Joao but retaining both Carroll and Mbengue whilst bringing in a replacement would probably be smart business to be honest.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Dec 2022 16:40

TDB/Bacuna midfield for Watford today. Wouldn’t be too chuffed with that tbh

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Dec 2022 18:06

^ A TDB assist and a two-nil away win for Watford…Bacuna got his obligatory booking mind you :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Dec 2022 20:44

YorkshireRoyal99
Hound
Vision

True about Joao, we might recoup some cash for him as well and if it means we can pick someone like Charlie Austin up for 6 months, possibly revive our interest in Theo Walcott if that deal is available of give more opportunities for Azeez for some extra pace there, then we will probably be alright. Losing Joao but retaining both Carroll and Mbengue whilst bringing in a replacement would probably be smart business to be honest.

Not really keen on selling Joao to fund more 33 year olds on the way out.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Dec 2022 21:20

Our objective this season was/still is, survival, those 33 year olds “on their way out” have/still are playing their part in it tbf.

Never the long term future, but a nice amalgam alongside the yoof. Enjoying it while it lasts.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Dec 2022 22:07

AthleticoSpizz ^ A TDB assist and a two-nil away win for Watford…Bacuna got his obligatory booking mind you :D

Be genuinely interested to see if TDB progresses in a better side than we were

Liked his effort but felt he was quite lacking overall

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Dec 2022 23:14

Hound
AthleticoSpizz ^ A TDB assist and a two-nil away win for Watford…Bacuna got his obligatory booking mind you :D

Chronically misused as well.

Not a winger. Not a DM.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Dec 2022 10:52

Snowflake Royal
Hound

Not a winger. Not a DM.

Dunno what he was which was a big part of the problem. Not really an attacking mid/#10/creator either

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Dec 2022 12:51

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Hound

Not a winger. Not a DM.

Dunno what he was which was a big part of the problem. Not really an attacking mid/#10/creator either

Just a good old fashioned all round midfielder. Can pass, run, tackle a bit and shoot. Bit of Sidwell like.

More like Ince than Swift as attacking nidfielders go. Fornah not too disimilar imo.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 Dec 2022 19:36

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Dec 2022 20:03

Not his finest moment whattacock

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Dec 2022 20:27

AthleticoSpizz Not his finest moment whattacock

Sometimes you have to wonder what, exactly, goes through the mind at times like this

3171 posts