Ex Players

3171 posts
elrey

Re: Ex Players

by elrey » 07 Mar 2024 00:44

Lawson D'Ath (who never actually played for us, but was a youth player for four or five years, is playing for Banbury United... scored 2 goals this season, which is his second highest tally at a club with Northampton and his 11 goals there being the most. Scored one goal for each club he played for while on loan from Reading.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 12 Mar 2024 19:54

Danny Loader on the bench again for Porto tonight

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 12 Mar 2024 22:15

elrey Lawson D'Ath (who never actually played for us, but was a youth player for four or five years, is playing for Banbury United... scored 2 goals this season, which is his second highest tally at a club with Northampton and his 11 goals there being the most. Scored one goal for each club he played for while on loan from Reading.

He did play for us, one cup match.

As a young man he had a goalscoring knack from midfield, can't say I've followed him closely but I'd guess he's had cause to slow down.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Mar 2024 08:46

SCIAG
elrey Lawson D'Ath (who never actually played for us, but was a youth player for four or five years, is playing for Banbury United... scored 2 goals this season, which is his second highest tally at a club with Northampton and his 11 goals there being the most. Scored one goal for each club he played for while on loan from Reading.

As a young man he had a goalscoring knack from midfield, can't say I've followed him closely but I'd guess he's had cause to slow down.

Was a 2nd half substitute v Stevenage in the FA Cup 3rd round in January 2012 (lost 1-0). Played as a full back at the time I think. Left for Northampton in 2014 and "made his name" with them and later Yeovil.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 14 Mar 2024 12:34

Gylfi Sigurdsson has signed a 2-year deal with Icelandic club Valur

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 12:39

He's also a bit of a conspiracy theorist. Anti-vaxxer etc

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 14 Mar 2024 13:02

MouldyRoyal

Just had a look at his Twitter. Scrolled for approximately half a second before seeing Le Tissier honking on about some irrelevant shit. Yeesh.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Mar 2024 14:42

MouldyRoyal

Oh dear, quick cancel him as obviously everything he believes and says must be a load of cr@pola :roll:

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 15:11

That's a bizarre overreaction to a minimal comment about an ex player. I have never called for him to be "cancelled" (not that he has a public facing role that would make that even feasible) nor did I even state anything particularly negative about him. He's entitled to his views, as ill informed as they are.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 14 Mar 2024 15:13

MouldyRoyal That's a bizarre overreaction to a minimal comment about an ex player. I have never called for him to be "cancelled" (not that he has a public facing role that would make that even feasible) nor did I even state anything particularly negative about him. He's entitled to his views, as ill informed as they are.

Sutekh is a nut who just happens to write a good match preview.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Mar 2024 15:32

Orion1871
MouldyRoyal That's a bizarre overreaction to a minimal comment about an ex player. I have never called for him to be "cancelled" (not that he has a public facing role that would make that even feasible) nor did I even state anything particularly negative about him. He's entitled to his views, as ill informed as they are.

Just making the point that clear, open and fair debate should be had on many things rather than one sided narratives that may or may not be being used to fill some agenda somewhere.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Mar 2024 18:33

Dave Kitson gets the Nauru International Manager job

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 Mar 2024 22:52

Sutekh
Orion1871

Just making the point that clear, open and fair debate should be had on many things rather than one sided narratives that may or may not be being used to fill some agenda somewhere.

Calling someone an anti-vaxxer isn't at odds with supporting clear, open, and fair debate.

The issue is that one side has facts, evidence, and logical reasoning, while the other side has "grr you'd agree with me if you didn't all have an agenda!"

elrey

by elrey » 15 Mar 2024 04:31

SCIAG

Well, he's lucky he got away from Reading's mess... only to be at Banbury, I keep getting things popping up on Facebook about them (a local-ish club for me, you can, or could, get there on the bus from where I grew up) and they're falling apart due to bad management.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 15 Mar 2024 08:30

Former youth player Matt Partridge announced his retirement earlier this season after tearing his ACL

Will be remembered more for other things here I guess

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Mar 2024 12:38

Prefer to remember former world cup referee Pat Partridge

Generally a talented family, the Partridges though

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 15 Mar 2024 12:59

Sutekh Prefer to remember former world cup referee Pat Partridge

Generally a talented family, the Partridges though

I'm Alan's biggest fan.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 20 Mar 2024 20:49

Andre Burley has just scored his first international goal for St Kitts & Nevis to put them 2-1 up against San Marino.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Mar 2024 13:19

Interesting read on Greg Halford and his autism diagnosis.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68617366

His Premier League break came at Reading, becoming their record signing in January 2007.

However, a first transfer was always going to be tricky.

"It was the first move to Reading where I'd finish training and I'd literally go home after that - I didn't want to go into the cafeteria, I didn't want to have lunch, I didn't want to chat with people," Halford remembers.

"Ultimately that was the reason I was sold from Reading because they told me that I didn't fit in personality wise, which was tough. But it was something that I learned from."

Reading's then director of football Nicky Hammond said at the time that Halford hadn't made the impact he and the club would have liked and that "players do move on quite quickly if it's felt that the fit isn't quite right".

"This is absolutely no reflection on Greg as a person or a player and he has been a very good professional during his short time with us," Hammond added.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 21 Mar 2024 16:00

Hendo Interesting read on Greg Halford and his autism diagnosis.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68617366

His Premier League break came at Reading, becoming their record signing in January 2007.

However, a first transfer was always going to be tricky.

"It was the first move to Reading where I'd finish training and I'd literally go home after that - I didn't want to go into the cafeteria, I didn't want to have lunch, I didn't want to chat with people," Halford remembers.

"Ultimately that was the reason I was sold from Reading because they told me that I didn't fit in personality wise, which was tough. But it was something that I learned from."

Reading's then director of football Nicky Hammond said at the time that Halford hadn't made the impact he and the club would have liked and that "players do move on quite quickly if it's felt that the fit isn't quite right".

"This is absolutely no reflection on Greg as a person or a player and he has been a very good professional during his short time with us," Hammond added.

And people say players aren’t relatable any more.

3171 posts