Confimred loan - Ovie Ejaria

368 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Confimred loan - Ovie Ejaria

by Zip » 29 Aug 2020 19:07

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal If you're playing 3 at the back, 4 CBs isn't enough. I have no issue with Holmes but one problem and we're bare bones.

I know you want us to play wingers, but there's no point buying any if we're not going to play with them. I'm not talking about using wing backs as wingers, I'm talking about using them as wing backs, as we're currently set up to do. Playing proper wingers at wing back is a recipe for disaster IMO.

I don’t want three at the back. It doesn’t work for us. Would rather have conventional fullbacks and two cb’s with wingers down the flanks. We will have to see how the new manager sets us but we lack width and pace and that needs to change.

OK, if you're tlking about what you want, rather than making what we're doing work, fair enough, we're talking about different things. Not sure I agree we should do that, but if we do I agree you're right.

Do you want three at the back Ian? Moore is appreciably worse when we play in this formation and we don’t have a single player who can truly play the wing back role. I would rather we went back to a more basic formation.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Aug 2020 19:09

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip
I don’t want three at the back. It doesn’t work for us. Would rather have conventional fullbacks and two cb’s with wingers down the flanks. We will have to see how the new manager sets us but we lack width and pace and that needs to change.

OK, if you're tlking about what you want, rather than making what we're doing work, fair enough, we're talking about different things. Not sure I agree we should do that, but if we do I agree you're right.

Do you want three at the back Ian? Moore is appreciably worse when we play in this formation and we don’t have a single player who can truly play the wing back role. I would rather we went back to a more basic formation.

I like 3 at the back. I don't fancy it with the players we have at the club. But we looked like we were going to try it, so it makes sense to try to put the best pieces in place to make it work. I'd have got rid of Moore at any cost personally. Who knows now the revolving clown car is back in action.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Aug 2020 19:18

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Yep, agree

You look at the most successful sides that play 5 at the back, look at the goal contributions from their wingbacks. Wolves as a prime example a couple of years ago, Doherty and Douglas chipped in with plenty of goals and assists

Can Yiadom and Richards do that? I very much doubt it. Too often they look for the intricate pass inside and we flood the centre of the pitch, leaving acres of space when we lose the ball out wide

In addition, our CB's rarely seem to score themselves, and if you add those 5 in together with Rafael and Rino (who rarely scores either), then you're extremely reliant on 2/3 which is unhealthy

I get Ian's point mind, that from pre-season and the back end of last season, it seems to be the direction we're going in so we may as well get used to it and try and improve on it but personally it's not for me, always prefer traditional old wingers and our best sides have always contained wingers

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 29 Aug 2020 19:21

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Both Richards and Yiadom are better at WB than FB i would say

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Aug 2020 21:34

URZZZZ
Zip
Snowflake Royal OK, if you're tlking about what you want, rather than making what we're doing work, fair enough, we're talking about different things. Not sure I agree we should do that, but if we do I agree you're right.

Yep, agree

You look at the most successful sides that play 5 at the back, look at the goal contributions from their wingbacks. Wolves as a prime example a couple of years ago, Doherty and Douglas chipped in with plenty of goals and assists

Can Yiadom and Richards do that? I very much doubt it. Too often they look for the intricate pass inside and we flood the centre of the pitch, leaving acres of space when we lose the ball out wide

In addition, our CB's rarely seem to score themselves, and if you add those 5 in together with Rafael and Rino (who rarely scores either), then you're extremely reliant on 2/3 which is unhealthy

I get Ian's point mind, that from pre-season and the back end of last season, it seems to be the direction we're going in so we may as well get used to it and try and improve on it but personally it's not for me, always prefer traditional old wingers and our best sides have always contained wingers

Good post. I get where Ian is coming from but hope the new manager looks at the players he has available and selects a formation that gets the best out of them rather than choosing the formation first and trying to make it work with the players at his disposal.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2020 00:13

Zip
URZZZZ
Zip

Yep, agree

Good post. I get where Ian is coming from but hope the new manager looks at the players he has available and selects a formation that gets the best out of them rather than choosing the formation first and trying to make it work with the players at his disposal.

If he does, it won't be one that uses wingers, because we have none.

At this point, we're closer to the squad being suitable for 3-5-2 or 4-3-3, or 4-2-3-1 than 4-4-2 by a mile... except maybe the 4-4-2 diamond with no wingers.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Aug 2020 00:32

Snowflake Royal
Zip
URZZZZ
Yep, agree

At this point, we're closer to the squad being suitable for 3-5-2 or 4-3-3, or 4-2-3-1 than 4-4-2 by a mile... except maybe the 4-4-2 diamond with no wingers.

We need wingers. That’s a given

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 30 Aug 2020 03:37

Couldn’t be more delighted that Ovi is finally ours!

He’s not over rated he’s a special talent who needs to be played between the lines behind the striker where he’ll do the most damage.

I still believe Swift will be snapped up once others accept we won’t be giving him away and that will help balance both the books and the squad.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 30 Aug 2020 09:42

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

We need wingers. That’s a given

Agree

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2020 09:48

Zip ...hope the new manager looks at the players he has available and selects a formation that gets the best out of them rather than choosing the formation first

Zip We need wingers. That’s a given

Isn't that rather a contradiction.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Aug 2020 10:11

Snowflake Royal
Zip ...hope the new manager looks at the players he has available and selects a formation that gets the best out of them rather than choosing the formation first

Zip We need wingers. That’s a given

Isn't that rather a contradiction.

No. If we don’t get any wingers in there is no point playing the formation I want to see. To go into the new season without any would be madness imo.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 30 Aug 2020 10:35

Woodcote Royal Couldn’t be more delighted that Ovi is finally ours!

He’s not over rated he’s a special talent who needs to be played between the lines behind the striker where he’ll do the most damage.

I still believe Swift will be snapped up once others accept we won’t be giving him away and that will help balance both the books and the squad.

Yes, build the team around Ejaria-it is much easier to find players that can do the running than it is to find somebody with his talent for our level of football.

Well, we now have one player good enough for the Premier League, we just need about another 15 but it is a start.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Aug 2020 10:55

South Coast Royal
Woodcote Royal Couldn’t be more delighted that Ovi is finally ours!

Yes, build the team around Ejaria-it is much easier to find players that can do the running than it is to find somebody with his talent for our level of football.

Well, we now have one player good enough for the Premier League, we just need about another 15 but it is a start.

14, John Swift is still with the club.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2020 11:13

Lol

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 08 Sep 2020 09:23

Nameless does not believe we have signed Ejaria. Does he know something we dont know?

He needs the token gesture, scarf waving photo, anyone able to help him out?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Sep 2020 09:47

paultheroyal Nameless does not believe we have signed Ejaria. Does he know something we dont know?

He needs the token gesture, scarf waving photo, anyone able to help him out?

Reckon he is taking the piss.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 08 Sep 2020 09:53

Have we signed Ejaria?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Sep 2020 09:56

SouthDownsRoyal Have we signed Ejaria?

Its not official until somebody changes the title if this thread. Then it will be confimred.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 08 Sep 2020 09:57

NewCorkSeth

Its not official until somebody changes the title if this thread. Then it will be confimred.

Ah, I see. I’ll keep an eye on that. Hope it changes before Saturday

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Sep 2020 10:00

SouthDownsRoyal
NewCorkSeth

Ah, I see. I’ll keep an eye on that. Hope it changes before Saturday

The TB mods dont care enough to do it so we will probably not sign him officially until after Derby. They are too busy having to bl3ach their brains after reading so much of our mongery.

368 posts