8 home games left.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: 8 home games left.

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Feb 2019 19:11

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal Iirc the highlights showed one fairly average save for them off Oliveira and nothing much else and two smart saves from Martinez plus one off the post for them.

Obvs only highlights, but they looked like there was only one team likely to take the three points if anyone did.

Also not saying we didn't deserve the clean sheet.

Am I right in saying we had no shots on target in the 2nd half? We seemed fairly happy with a draw from about 60 minutes onwards.

I believe so, possibly only 2/3 shots the entire second half, let alone on target.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 04 Feb 2019 20:37

Just went back to check and the predictions for Villa were

3-7-2 (WDL) very balanced so 75% predicted a draw or defeat.

Can see no reason, therefore to complain about the result

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 04 Feb 2019 20:47

Lower West Might have kept a clean sheet on Saturday. But Villa for long periods we're more likely to score.

Maybe because they are a better team? Think you'd find they'd be widely considered as such. They are 2nd or 3rd highest scorers in the league. Don't know about you, but I figured we may have to ride our luck a little at times.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 05 Feb 2019 08:41

Old Man Andrews
windermereROYAL
Old Man Andrews
I was pointing out we shouldn't think that only the Leeds and WBA games are difficult. Wow.......

Point taken, but I firmly believe that we are improving at home since early season, Christ it could hardly be worse, whether that comes to fruition if a completely different matter.

That Rotherham game could be the hardest one of the lot in reality. Yes on paper its by far the easiest but the amount of tension involved is huge, hoping the players don't freeze on the big ocassion like we did against Burton at home last season.

With a quality striker up front like Moore, something we are badly lacking, it could cost us.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 Feb 2019 20:58

Denver Royal
Lower West Might have kept a clean sheet on Saturday. But Villa for long periods we're more likely to score.

Maybe because they are a better team? Think you'd find they'd be widely considered as such. They are 2nd or 3rd highest scorers in the league. Don't know about you, but I figured we may have to ride our luck a little at times.

At least , for once, we didn't gift opportunties to the opposition. Far too often we've self inflicted.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Feb 2019 21:11

Snowball Just went back to check and the predictions for Villa were

3-7-2 (WDL) very balanced so 75% predicted a draw or defeat.

Can see no reason, therefore to complain about the result

Perhaps because we had no ambition to win the game and we had about 1 shot in the entire second half? That may explain it

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Feb 2019 21:44

We seemed to sit back very deep in the second half and looked to be playing for the draw.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 07 Feb 2019 08:03

I would say that Ipswich and Bolton are going down, so a couple draws and scrappy wins would be good for us.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Feb 2019 09:06

Zip We seemed to sit back very deep in the second half and looked to be playing for the draw.

Struggled to really get anything going second half - possibly due to a lack of match sharpness with some of our players, and also the fact that Villa do have a decent midfield and their CBs, when not stamping on people's heads, were actually very good.

Had a very half chances from set pieces which didn't result in a shot on target, but could on another day resulted in a good chance

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 07 Feb 2019 15:17

Maneki Neko
I think we should be going all out for wins in our away games-it doesn't matter if we get dicked at Sheff Utd if we have won at Sheff Wed-it is better than getting 0-0s in both games.

but two 0-0 draws would be better than losing both games, so...

I think this season will go right to the wire and draws just won't be good enough.

but some draws added to some wins, might be

(I agree with you tbf just playing devils advocaat)

Devils Dick? Been on the Advocaat? :lol:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Feb 2019 16:05

Zip We seemed to sit back very deep in the second half and looked to be playing for the draw.

Opposition manager changes their tactics at half time. Our game plan vanishes.