Footballing philosophy

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Footballing philosophy

by leon » 20 Oct 2019 15:39

Cape Town Royal
SCIAG
Victor Meldrew
Just being picky but Arnautovic isn't little.
Stoke did however have Bojan who is, but may well have been a Pulis signing.

I was trying to think of full-backs who became successful managers and I don't think there have been many.
Sir Alf Ramsey for one but then we have also seen Gary Neville.:? :?

Fair enough.

What about Steve Clarke? :wink:

More seriously, didn’t Shankly, Paisley and Fagan all play as full backs or the equivalent?

Hughton...

Chris Powell

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Oct 2019 15:46

I heard Bowen in one interview say we needed more pace/width and was looking at bringing Matty Etherington in to address this issue. He worked closely and have a good relationship from their Stoke days.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 21 Oct 2019 15:53

John Smith I heard Bowen in one interview say we needed more pace/width and was looking at bringing Matty Etherington in to address this issue. He worked closely and have a good relationship from their Stoke days.

Presumably Etherington could do with the money (top level gambler/loser , the level of Claridge and Gillespie).

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Oct 2019 13:03

John Smith I heard Bowen in one interview say we needed more pace/width and was looking at bringing Matty Etherington in to address this issue. He worked closely and have a good relationship from their Stoke days.

I know this is just a wum post, but I thought I would check up on what Etherington is actually doing and he’s managing Peterborough U-18s.