MATCHWATCH : Barnsley (h) sponsored by hopeless at home

212 posts
Tails
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Barnsley (h) sponsored by hopeless at home

by Tails » 29 Feb 2020 17:36

OMA is clearly a cut above re: WUMing compared to others on HNA?

But ultimately he is a very poor option when compared to the readability of someone like Vision, who doesn’t have to resort to faux outrage and below par name calling.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Feb 2020 17:41

Tails OMA is clearly a cut above re: WUMing compared to others on HNA?

But ultimately he is a very poor option when compared to the readability of someone like Vision, who doesn’t have to resort to faux outrage and below par name calling.

Vision knows very little about football.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Feb 2020 17:50

Elm Park Kid So we bounce right back AND Wigan prove that they are the in-form team right now.

Maybe not so much 'Bowen Out' after all . . . . . . . .

I thought Wigan were surprisingly good against us

Barnsley much more the expected standard

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Feb 2020 17:56

Hound
Elm Park Kid So we bounce right back AND Wigan prove that they are the in-form team right now.

Look at Wigan's result today. Puts Wednesday night into a bit of perspective. They are no mugs.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Feb 2020 17:57

Old Man Andrews
Hound

Look at Wigan's result today. Puts Wednesday night into a bit of perspective. They are no mugs.

Difficult to judge as we were so poor, but they were just about the best team I’ve seen this year in that game

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Feb 2020 18:08

Courtney Friday is a bit rattled as apparently Matt Miazga had a go at him :lol:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Feb 2020 18:13

genome Courtney Friday is a bit rattled as apparently Matt Miazga had a go at him :lol:

Couldn't understand why though?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Feb 2020 19:23

NewCorkSeth
genome Courtney Friday is a bit rattled as apparently Matt Miazga had a go at him :lol:

Couldn't understand why though?

Morrison seems to have been lucky in the sense it’s happened twice now where he’s about to get dropped but one of the other CB’s have managed to be injured before the next game

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Feb 2020 19:25

Think our manager views Morrison and his contributions differently

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Feb 2020 19:32

Oh no, I like Morrison, he's one of my favourite players we have at the club, a real no nonsense defender, even if a bit limited on the ball

But reading between the lines, Miazga and Moore were meant to start today until Moore's illness (supposing it was true). Just like after the Barnsley (A) game back in December, Miazga and Moore were going to play in a back four until Miazga picked up an injury

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Feb 2020 20:27

In a way Barnsley having 23 shots put a false statistic on the game, many of them were from outside the box and well off target, the second half wasn`t great and they had more possession but they never really hurt us.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Feb 2020 20:35

URZZZZ Oh no, I like Morrison, he's one of my favourite players we have at the club, a real no nonsense defender, even if a bit limited on the ball

But reading between the lines, Miazga and Moore were meant to start today until Moore's illness (supposing it was true). Just like after the Barnsley (A) game back in December, Miazga and Moore were going to play in a back four until Miazga picked up an injury

Yep. Morrison is a decent player but Miazga made a big difference coming in today. I don’t think you can drop him after that. It’s Miazga + 1 of the other 2 imo

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Feb 2020 20:39

Hound
URZZZZ Oh no, I like Morrison, he's one of my favourite players we have at the club, a real no nonsense defender, even if a bit limited on the ball

Yep. Morrison is a decent player but Miazga made a big difference coming in today. I don’t think you can drop him after that. It’s Miazga + 1 of the other 2 imo

For me, I'd always go Morrison + 1. He knows the league inside out and he's a better leader than Moore or Miazga. I guess as you say, Miazga now has the shirt but I doubt Bowen will leave his captain out

Hard choice, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go with the same lineup today for Tuesday but with Moore in for Olise and back to a 5-3-2 to match Sheff's formation

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Feb 2020 20:44

URZZZZ
Hound

For me, I'd always go Morrison + 1. He knows the league inside out and he's a better leader than Moore or Miazga. I guess as you say, Miazga now has the shirt but I doubt Bowen will leave his captain out

Hard choice, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go with the same lineup today for Tuesday but with Moore in for Olise and back to a 5-3-2 to match Sheff's formation

Yeah obvs we had this conversation earlier in the week. 1 game doesn’t prove anything and I know that (and obvs we had one at Sheff a couple of weeks back) - but clean sheet today and we won.

Miazga is a) much better in the air and b) a far better passer than either of them and it makes a big difference.

Morrison seems to have one absolutely stinking mistake in him every game as well which is a worry. We’ve been lucky it’s not been punished more often

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Feb 2020 20:45

“one mistake in him”

As does Moore

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 Feb 2020 20:49

I expect Moore to come in for Miazga on Wednesday. Miazga is our best defender, but today was his first game after a notable injury. I'd give him a week to recover

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Feb 2020 20:51

WestYorksRoyal I expect Moore to come in for Miazga on Wednesday. Miazga is our best defender, but today was his first game after a notable injury. I'd give him a week to recover

Dont go on Wednesday, you will miss the game.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 29 Feb 2020 20:53

WestYorksRoyal I expect Moore to come in for Miazga on Wednesday. Miazga is our best defender, but today was his first game after a notable injury. I'd give him a week to recover

Do you mean the cup game on Tuesday? Lord knows what squad Bowen will pick for that...

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Feb 2020 23:55

Bowen said he will pick his strongest side for Tuesday night. Big call on his centre back pairing,

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Mar 2020 08:36

Don't think Morro should play on Tuesday because he's a bit slower and his passing is weaker.

But in general I'd have him as my first CB, he's such a good leader and organiser. Miazga with him by preference as he's the best passer of the three, fairly quick and just bigger than Moore.

212 posts