12%
Ian Royal
9%

Total votes: 148
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Veljko Paunović - Whelmgauge

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Jan 2021 00:13

windermereROYAL I think we need to get him tied down on a longer term contract before a top flight side sack their manager, there is certain to be interest. Christ we extended Bowens after about 10 games or whatever it was.

And that worked out well.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jan 2021 00:13

Remember what happened to our form after Bowen was handed a contract extension...

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 Jan 2021 00:27

Pepe the Horseman
windermereROYAL I think we need to get him tied down on a longer term contract before a top flight side sack their manager, there is certain to be interest. Christ we extended Bowens after about 10 games or whatever it was.

And that worked out well.

Tbf this bloke knows what to do.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Jan 2021 01:12

Would be interesting to see whether Pauno could work with big egos. His methods seem ideal for a club like ours but would the City dressing room respond to the black belt/ blue belt thing ? I think he might be an Eddie Howe type, absolutely brilliant with a bunch of players who owe him their success but possibly not going to walk into a room full of stars and get them on board.
If he knows what’s good for him he’ll park himself here and build himself something special.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 01 Feb 2021 18:09

The Chinese Owners are hell bent on promotion.I suspect Velcro may well get the push,if we do not reach the Play Offs as a bare minimum.This would be very unfair on him,as he has worked wonders with a squad that has under performance for several years.
Next season looks a bit iffy given FFP and a suspicion that the Chinese will walk away.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Feb 2021 18:12

Not seen any evidence to suggest the owners will walk away.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 01 Feb 2021 18:37

SouthDownsRoyal 42% underwhelmed

May need a new poll

You mean Just like Brexit, fix or retake the vote if you don't like the answer.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Feb 2021 19:18

Westwood52 The Chinese Owners are hell bent on promotion.I suspect Velcro may well get the push,if we do not reach the Play Offs as a bare minimum.This would be very unfair on him,as he has worked wonders with a squad that has under performance for several years.
Next season looks a bit iffy given FFP and a suspicion that the Chinese will walk away.

There’s a whole load of baseless conjecture there !
The owners certainly want promotion but where ‘hell bent comes from I have no idea ! The reckless spending in the last 2 windows is obviously a sign of that, the appointment of a big name manager with a track record of success in England is another give away....

I’d say we are looking a whole lot better off as regards FFP than we have for a long time and with morebig wages off the books come the summer I really think we will be ok. Even if we are outside it we won’t be hit hard.
As for the owners ‘walking away’, that would seem unlikely given they are just starting to see the fruits of several years hard work and investment....

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 01 Feb 2021 19:20

Nameless
Westwood52 The Chinese Owners are hell bent on promotion.I suspect Velcro may well get the push,if we do not reach the Play Offs as a bare minimum.This would be very unfair on him,as he has worked wonders with a squad that has under performance for several years.

The owners certainly want promotion but where ‘hell bent comes from I have no idea ! The reckless spending in the last 2 windows is obviously a sign of that, the appointment of a big name manager with a track record of success in England is another give away....

I’d say we are looking a whole lot better off as regards FFP than we have for a long time and with morebig wages off the books come the summer I really think we will be ok. Even if we are outside it we won’t be hit hard.
As for the owners ‘walking away’, that would seem unlikely given they are just starting to see the fruits of several years hard work and investment....

Deluded.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 01 Feb 2021 19:23

karbota
SouthDownsRoyal 42% underwhelmed

May need a new poll

You mean Just like Brexit, fix or retake the vote if you don't like the answer.

No, because time moves on, knowledge is gained and circumstances change.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 01 Feb 2021 21:08

oxf*rd lol at anyone proclaiming to know what the Chinese think. They’ve never spoken, not to local media not to the fans. No one has any idea what their plans are.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 Feb 2021 00:05

WoodleyRoyal oxf*rd lol at anyone proclaiming to know what the Chinese think. They’ve never spoken, not to local media not to the fans. No one has any idea what their plans are.

At a cultural level. Not to win promotion. Would be seen as a failure. Though the Chinese are the masters of the long game and won't give up easily.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Feb 2021 19:05

Nameless

They'd also have to find a buyer to walk away. Easier said than done.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Feb 2021 09:03

They could literally just walk away.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Feb 2021 10:04

underwhelmed Down from 32% to 40%

Pauno is winning some over, slowly

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 03 Feb 2021 10:08

Why would they need to find a buyer?

Just stop sending checks. See how quickly it all falls apart. Would be *interesting to watch if there was no emotional attachment to the club.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Feb 2021 10:32

Greatwesternline Why would they need to find a buyer?

Just stop sending checks. See how quickly it all falls apart. Would be *interesting to watch if there was no emotional attachment to the club.

It would be interesting for someone who knows about the law, finances etc to work through how this might play out...
Obvious thing would be one of the owners lives in the uk so might not be able to escape IR demands (or Liam Moore knocking on the door for his wages).

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Feb 2021 11:34

Nameless They could literally just walk away.

How? They own the club. They can't choose to just stop owning the club.

They can, of course, choose to stop throwing money at it, but as owners they'd be liable for it's costs.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Feb 2021 11:40

I am decidedly overwhelmed at how well he is doing.

Never expected this season to go as well as it has.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Feb 2021 12:08

I am overwhelmed by the incredible levels of 'buy in' that he has clearly got from everyone in the squad.

Proved that our squad always had players with fantastic ability who just needed a manager to harness that and build a functioning team with true spirit from all of the individual talent available.

242 posts