MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (h) sponsored by David Leworthy

232 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (h) sponsored by David Leworthy

by CountryRoyal » 04 Nov 2020 21:24

Lower West
retro royal Not impressed with Esteves, got the Gunter about him without the defending bit, always looking backwards, doesn't read championship football so far.

Only 18 years old. Going to develop into a class act in the future.

Probably not by the time his loan ends here, which doesn’t help us.

Happy for him to play further up but a liability at the back.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 04 Nov 2020 21:32

Lower West
retro royal Not impressed with Esteves, got the Gunter about him without the defending bit, always looking backwards, doesn't read championship football so far.

He was fine, no worse than the seasoned professionals in the team. Individually the only really terrible performance was McIntyre, collectively we were just too slow and off the pace.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 04 Nov 2020 21:37

CountryRoyal
Lower West

No worse a liability than Aluko. Whose tracking back has always been half hearted.

yuomi

by yuomi » 04 Nov 2020 21:37

Joao scores any of his 2 or 3 (golden) chances at 0-0 and that's a totally different game. I actually thought some of our attacking, and in particular crossing, was quite good - even if there was noone there to get on the end of it.

Defence, on the other hand, was a shambles. I was worried when I saw Moore in the airboot before kickoff. Having seen McIntyre's performance, he can't come back quick enough. Too slight, too slow, positionally unaware and gaffe prone. Nowhere near at the standard he needs to be to get into this team. No doubt Esteves will be great eventually, but he keeps getting pulled out of position and is beaten very easily. I still think he'd be more effective further up with Homes/Yids at RB.

Big game on Saturday.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Nov 2020 21:56

bcubed
CountryRoyal I think Holmes at RB was so underrated.

Give me him any day over Esteves. Semedo fine off the bench but not a starter. Need Moore back ASAP.

Yes to both of these

We weren't playing attractive football but were definitely more solid

Said in the pre match thread Semedo’s strengths don’t lie against teams where there’s limited space to play. His best performance by a mile came against Blackburn where he could show his strength and power

Feel like Aluko/Olise would have been better there or perhaps two up front: but then again we wouldn’t have had anyone to play wider so was no real easy answer

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Nov 2020 22:01

Having Yiadom back will be massive, Esteves has done alright but I'm not overly convinced on his defensive game. I don't know what to make of McIntyre, he's previously looked alright but today he was absolute toilet, big decision for Pauno if he sticks with him or not.

I think we're really feeling the effect of all these injuries, if we can make it through this spell and still be in contention we might be able to pull it back.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Nov 2020 22:03

Lower West
CountryRoyal
Lower West

No worse a liability than Aluko. Whose tracking back has always been half hearted.

Yes but Aluko doesn’t play in defence and isn’t judged on that. We miss Meite and Holmes’ solidity on that side. That being said you can look at McIntyre as being largely at fault for the goals. Conceded a super sloppy penalty too. I like him and I don’t mind him coming on in midfield to protect a lead but he doesn’t look ready to start as a centre back at this level.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Nov 2020 22:05

On another note its absolutely mental that after 10 games we’ve lost our last two and still 3 clear points at the top of the table. Mad :lol:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 04 Nov 2020 22:36

Few more games like that and the manager can oxf*rd off back to Switzerland or whatever

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Nov 2020 22:51

CountryRoyal On another note its absolutely mental that after 10 games we’ve lost our last two and still 3 clear points at the top of the table. Mad :lol:

With Swansea away at Norwich on Saturday, there's a reasonable chance we'll be top of the league going into the international break, having lost three in a row.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Nov 2020 17:39

CountryRoyal Ian doesn’t think this is good, he’s just not saying anything in the really remote off chance we score two goals so he can call us all bedwetters.

Actually I was half watching whilst doing something else with chums.

I would and have called out bedwetters before waiting for goals.

Sorry I really offended you by agreeing you're a Negative Nancy. Didn't think you'd have a tantrum or need counselling over that.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Nov 2020 17:41

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal Ian doesn’t think this is good, he’s just not saying anything in the really remote off chance we score two goals so he can call us all bedwetters.

Actually I was half watching whilst doing something else with chums.

I would and have called out bedwetters before waiting for goals.

Sorry I really offended you by agreeing you're a Negative Nancy. Didn't think you'd have a tantrum or need counselling over that.

Tbf most the stuff you say is offensive due to pure unadulterated stupidity, you wrongly calling me out for being negative isn’t really that deep.

232 posts