Back from the pain

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Back from the pain

by Millsy » 05 Nov 2020 14:34

paultheroyal Going forward i thought we looked decent, created a number of chances on another day could of scored 3 comfortably.

Exactly, even with the poor first 30mins or so, the stats revealed we had way more shots on target. Second half we looked even more dangerous especially after going 1 down.

First 30mins aside we looked a very good side and seemed to be creating chances for fun, which is why the result doesn't bother me. Goals change games and on average we've been putting away chances more than we've been missing them so no concerns for me.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Nov 2020 14:50

The last couple of games have been a reality check. We were not always going to keep clean sheets. We were not always going to convert such a high number of chances. However we do need to get something on Saturday. To go into the break on the back of three successive defeats would not be good.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Nov 2020 16:54

skipper Is this the Joao that Sheff Wed and Blackburn warned us about?

Do we really have to have this every bloody time Joao has a dodgy game?

Or is this a new whoosh and some TB humour?

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 05 Nov 2020 22:15

Hound
skipper Is this the Joao that Sheff Wed and Blackburn warned us about?

Do we really have to have this every bloody time Joao has a dodgy game?

Or is this a new whoosh and some TB humour?

For the record, I think he's ace. So na, we shouldn't. Would be great to keep him fit for the season.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Nov 2020 22:23

Joao is a fantastic player at this level but that does not make him exempt from criticism. He has missed four great chances in the last two games.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 05 Nov 2020 23:10

As pointed out, McIntyre has lots of great attributes to his game. However, speed certainly isn’t 1 of them. Which begs the question...why play a high line? Certainly the 3rd goal really exposed his lack of pace

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Nov 2020 08:52

Zip Joao is a fantastic player at this level but that does not make him exempt from criticism. He has missed four great chances in the last two games.

No issue with criticism, just the 'what Sheff Weds warned us' line

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Nov 2020 09:02

Hound
Zip Joao is a fantastic player at this level but that does not make him exempt from criticism. He has missed four great chances in the last two games.

Yeah fair enough. His all round play is very impressive. He has been consistently good for us since he joined. No sign of the sulking and inconsistency the Wednesday fans refer to. We just need to keep him fit.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Nov 2020 09:20

Zip
Hound

Yeah fair enough. His all round play is very impressive. He has been consistently good for us since he joined. No sign of the sulking and inconsistency the Wednesday fans refer to. We just need to keep him fit.

Wednesday have been a basket case the last few years. They had about 6 highly paid CFs on their books whilst Joao was there. Its a totally different situation for him being the main man here. Its pretty much irrelevant how he got on there

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Nov 2020 09:45

Notts Royal As pointed out, McIntyre has lots of great attributes to his game. However, speed certainly isn’t 1 of them. Which begs the question...why play a high line? Certainly the 3rd goal really exposed his lack of pace

Tbf Morro has less speed. Its about positioning and experience. He can play a high line. He just got his angles wrong and he will learn.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 Nov 2020 10:11

NewCorkSeth
Notts Royal As pointed out, McIntyre has lots of great attributes to his game. However, speed certainly isn’t 1 of them. Which begs the question...why play a high line? Certainly the 3rd goal really exposed his lack of pace

Tbf Morro has less speed. Its about positioning and experience. He can play a high line. He just got his angles wrong and he will learn.

That's it exactly, it was painful seeing him try to cut across for the incident that caused the penalty. If it were Morrison I have no doubt he would have just kept running straight to stop his path.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Nov 2020 14:00

Agreed no way should we be playing a high line with slow CBs and I don’t think it’s the way we play normally it’s just that we were chasing the game. At 2-0 we still had belief we could get to 2-2 and we’re just throwing everything at it.

For their third McIntrye in their half and had only just put in a cross into their box so it was a very attackign position to be in.

Then they blocked it a ]nd a couple of kicks later were pumping it down. McIntyre for some reason was walking about clueless when the ball came down and only started marking the guy when it was too late and he didn’t have the pace to threaten him. That would have been Richards’ job but God knows what he was doing, probably up in an attacking left wing position or something while Aluko was somewhere in the box, who knows.

But at 2-0 down we had no choice I guess. Perhaps if we’re pushing this high up chasing a game we need to switch and make sure we have a fast player at the back for any counters. I don’t know, I’m no football manager.