Back from the actual game

141 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back from the actual game

by Zip » 05 Dec 2020 19:16

RoyalBlue
Zip If Laurent doesn’t get them. Rinomhota will. They work as a partnership and it’s brilliant to see.

There was one occasion that might have been missed by those actually at the game. One of their players countered quickly wide down our left in the second half. Laurent managed to get back sufficiently to get a half challenge in and slow up the player before Rinomhota thundered in with his challenge to put the ball out of play. At that point Laurent and Rinomhota embraced each other.

I think we all saw that. It was close to the touchline and Rinomhota smashed him. Similarly in the second half when Rinomhota passed the ball to the opposition it was Laurent who chased back and got the tackle in. They work so well together.

I came way today feeling that we look every but a promotion chasing team.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Dec 2020 19:19

Hound What a performance to get the fans back for - looked brilliant and the fans made plenty of noise on tv. Even the sky comms are starting to blow smoke up our backsides

If Mr Dai needs us to be a selling club the Sky commentators and pundits are doing a great job marketing our players. At least five of them today were described as Premier League standard!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Dec 2020 19:19

From the TV, but really impressed with Paunovic and the coaching session with Holmes after the game.

A bit of advice and a well done - looks like good man-management in a nutshell

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 Dec 2020 19:21

Zip If Laurent doesn’t get them. Rinomhota will. They work as a partnership and it’s brilliant to see.

Olise is something else. His vision, his passing, his composure, his skill. Another assist today and he would have had two had it not been for the handball. The way he created space for himself was so impressive. I’m struggling to think of a better performance from a Reading player than that.

Those are the exact 4 words I sent to an RFC friend at HT. :D

The media raved about Kalvin Phillips at Leeds last year as a class young midfielder.

Olise is in a different class and 7 years younger.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Dec 2020 19:31

Royal Rother

Olise is something else. His vision, his passing, his composure, his skill. Another assist today and he would have had two had it not been for the handball. The way he created space for himself was so impressive. I’m struggling to think of a better performance from a Reading player than that.

Those are the exact 4 words I sent to an RFC friend at HT. :D

The media raved about Kalvin Phillips at Leeds last year as a class young midfielder.

Olise is in a different class and 7 years younger.

Yep. I can’t quite believe how good he is now. He knows it too. I hope we can enjoy watching him at Reading for a while longer but if he carries on playing like this some very big clubs are going to come after him very soon.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Dec 2020 19:35

Just pray we can keep him past January..

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Dec 2020 19:39

RoyalBlue
Nameless Atmosphere was good too. Surprising amount of vocal support and people just seemed happy to chat with whoever they happened to be sat next to.
I reckon we should do all our home games like this !

Was one idiot sat behind me who kept criticising the players. Hard to believe with us soon control he had to keep finding fault, at top volume.

Suspect it may be the clown who in normal circumstances sits behind me in Y21. He always has to have at least two regular scapegoats and normally kicks off with his moaning soon after the game itself kicks off. I've had a few exchanges with him. He's very much a blood and thunder, hoof if forward type merchant. God help any skilful, less physical players who lose the ball.

He kept demanding we ‘switch’ the ball. My take was that the players seemed to know exactly what they were doing and really didn’t need his advice !

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Dec 2020 19:46

Anyone else notice when Meite plays Joao drops deeper to act as a pivot, Meite goes forward into a sort of on the shoulder of the last defender poaching role and Olise goes over the the right flank?

Its very deliberate and does wonders for space creation. Obviously with Ejaria and Richards on the left flank we are capable of shifting it any way we want to right now with Laurent and Rinomhota busting their respective guts to cover any turnovers.

Paunoball is lovely.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Dec 2020 19:51

It was amusing when Pauno had to be told when the crowd were chanting for a wave, top class response from him though. amazing guy going to every player at the final whistle to congratulate them, it`s very hard not to be impressed with him.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Dec 2020 19:52

windermereROYAL It was amusing when Pauno had to be told when the crowd were chanting for a wave, top class response from him though. amazing guy going to every player at the final whistle to congratulate them, it`s very hard not to be impressed with him.

I enjoyed the Pauno Pauno chants. It was a good atmosphere I thought. I’m sure the players appreciated it.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Dec 2020 19:54

NewCorkSeth Just pray we can keep him past January..

It`s going to take a serious amount of money for us to accept on offer, the way to push our promotion push off the rails would be to let him go.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Dec 2020 19:55

windermereROYAL

It`s going to take a serious amount of money for us to accept on offer, the way to push our promotion push off the rails would be to let him go.

Could easily see a 20 million bid coming in.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Dec 2020 20:00

NewCorkSeth
windermereROYAL

And I could easily see us rejecting it, we have ambitious owners, we could get even more in the summer.didn`t Bellingham go for £30m? i reckon Olise is better.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Dec 2020 20:00

NewCorkSeth
windermereROYAL

Not sure we would sell him for that.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 05 Dec 2020 20:02

depends in the big guns ala real madrid barcelona dortmund rumours are true. if they are serious we could be looking at some seriously big bids

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Dec 2020 20:05

windermereROYAL
NewCorkSeth
windermereROYAL

And I could easily see us rejecting it, we have ambitious owners, we could get even more in the summer.didn`t Bellingham go for £30m? i reckon Olise is better.

Bellingham went for 20 million i thought?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Dec 2020 20:06

Zip
NewCorkSeth
windermereROYAL

Reckon we should.. or end up in a Loader situation again. He only has a year and a half left.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Dec 2020 20:07

WoodleyRoyal depends in the big guns ala real madrid barcelona dortmund rumours are true. if they are serious we could be looking at some seriously big bids

Well Barca are broke, so think we can forget any big bids from them. Could see Dortmund testing the water.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Dec 2020 20:10

NewCorkSeth
Zip
NewCorkSeth Could easily see a 20 million bid coming in.

Reckon we should.. or end up in a Loader situation again. He only has a year and a half left.

It won`t be the same as Loader, in the summer he will still have another year to go, i think we are all agreed he won`t be here next season, just don`t let him go next month.
And comparing Olise to Loader is quite frankly laughable.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 05 Dec 2020 20:17, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Dec 2020 20:13

Stranded
WoodleyRoyal depends in the big guns ala real madrid barcelona dortmund rumours are true. if they are serious we could be looking at some seriously big bids

Well Barca are broke, so think we can forget any big bids from them. Could see Dortmund testing the water.

Are they "broke broke" or "rich club broke"?

141 posts