MATCHWATCH : Queens Park Rangers (a) sponsored by Jones 2, Tait

201 posts
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Queens Park Rangers (a) sponsored by Jones 2, Tait

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Dec 2020 17:12

Baldock is not a good fit for our style of play, he did a lot right, I can't really fault him but he just wasn't the threat up front we needed.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 12 Dec 2020 17:12

If ever a flaccid abortion of a game should end in a goalless draw, this was it. That's two bonus points right there.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Dec 2020 17:13

Easy to say in hindsight but the decision to use Olise from the bench was, IMO, justified

Still at a very young age, not sure he has the legs to play 90 minutes three times this week and Norwich and Brentford are tougher games than tonight

Also gives much needed minutes in the legs for Semedo, Aluko, Baldock, Gibson and Esteves who may be needed over the Christmas run with the injuries piling up

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 12 Dec 2020 17:14

Great win under the circumstances. Big up to Gibson who did not put a foot wrong after he came on. Based on that Holmes has to start rather than Esteves midweek. Fantastic goal by Olise. Laurent excellent and Moore, Rimonhota and Morrison good as usual.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 12 Dec 2020 17:15

This will obviously not go down well, but HUGELY unimpressed with Olise.

He's probably on a very good salary with us. Probably will leave in next year or so and obtain a lucrative deal elsewhere.

So DON'T be a miserable git when folks who are FAR more mature than you give you a pat on the back. And if his value is
circa 15m (or whatever insane values are these days) then I would not be disappointed if we took the cash.
And by the way Olise...you were taken to the cleaners by Brum in midweek.

Jog on.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Dec 2020 17:17

Barney This will obviously not go down well, but HUGELY unimpressed with Olise.

He's probably on a very good salary with us. Probably will leave in next year or so and obtain a lucrative deal elsewhere.

So DON'T be a miserable git when folks who are FAR more mature than you give you a pat on the back. And if his value is
circa 15m (or whatever insane values are these days) then I would not be disappointed if we took the cash.

Jog on.

You're right, terrible opinion for me. It was a bit petulant of him but he has only just turned 19. As for being on a good salary, compared to the rest of the players I doubt he is when you consider how quickly he has risen. Would also be very, very disappointed to only take £15m for Olise.

JR

by JR » 12 Dec 2020 17:18

Gunny Fishcake At last , we get a last minute winner , makes Saturday night so good ....beer beer beer

^this!!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Dec 2020 17:18

A reassuring performance from Gibson. He will get game time now and is very likely to stay in January.
Laurent was brilliant. What a signing he’s been.
We really need Joao back on Wednesday as Baldock offers no threat. Lots of hard work but that’s it.
With Joao back and Olise starting we can get something from the Narch game.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 Dec 2020 17:28

scumbag
CountryRoyal Just rewatched the goal. Anyone see Olise’s celebration? Don’t think he was happy not starting :shock: :lol: :lol:

Pauno, O'Shea & Baldock all congratulating him at full time and he didn't seem to talk or smile at all :shock:

And Laurent (who seems the nicest bloke in football) was getting nothing from him. 2 ways of looking at - stroppy prima-donna. or disappointed to be on the bench and fired up.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 12 Dec 2020 17:29

For me Olise has got a couple of players out of jail today. I'm still gonna bang on about Baldock and Aluko. Baldock is robbing this club of a strikers salary. In a perfect world he would volunteer to drop down 3 divisions to find his level. Aluko on the other hand is just robbing the club. Not sure how long they have on their contracts but it can't come to an end quick enough.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 Dec 2020 17:32

Ascotexgunner For me Olise has got a couple of players out of jail today. I'm still gonna bang on about Baldock and Aluko. Baldock is robbing this club of a strikers salary. In a perfect world he would volunteer to drop down 3 divisions to find his level. Aluko on the other hand is just robbing the club. Not sure how long they have on their contracts but it can't come to an end quick enough.

Harsh on Baldock. He was feeding on scraps as per usual. Aluko though..

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Dec 2020 17:48

Zip A reassuring performance from Gibson. He will get game time now and is very likely to stay in January.
We really need Joao back on Wednesday as Baldock offers no threat. Lots of hard work but that’s it.

VP says Joao out until New Year, Meite out for 'more than four weeks'.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Dec 2020 17:53

RoyalBlue
Zip A reassuring performance from Gibson. He will get game time now and is very likely to stay in January.

We need to try and scramble as many points as we can over the next few weeks. I’m guessing Joao will return after the FA Cup game. Meite longer. Not great although Swift should be returning soon.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Dec 2020 17:55

John Madejski's Wallet Why would Olise get so pissed off with the people trying to congratulate him at the final whistle? It's proper weird to be that stroppy

Thought that too, but I think they were all just pissing about including him.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Dec 2020 17:58

tidus_mi2

Jog on.

You're right, terrible opinion for me. It was a bit petulant of him but he has only just turned 19. As for being on a good salary, compared to the rest of the players I doubt he is when you consider how quickly he has risen. Would also be very, very disappointed to only take £15m for Olise.

The figures posted at the end of last season suggested just £2k a week. Now there were some seriously questionable bits in there, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was close.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Dec 2020 18:00

Ascotexgunner For me Olise has got a couple of players out of jail today. I'm still gonna bang on about Baldock and Aluko. Baldock is robbing this club of a strikers salary. In a perfect world he would volunteer to drop down 3 divisions to find his level. Aluko on the other hand is just robbing the club. Not sure how long they have on their contracts but it can't come to an end quick enough.

Baldock was pretty good with virtually no service.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 12 Dec 2020 18:03

tidus_mi2

Jog on.

Whs

Olise is on a fair amount but still within the realm of mortals. Much less than Moore or Rafael.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Dec 2020 18:04

RoyalBlue

Forget trying to go top, just try and stay in touch over Christmas and then hopefully strengthen in January. Today's win was huge given the injuries. Sadly I suspect Norwich will be a bridge too far.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Dec 2020 18:07

Millsy So much negativity.

I've a lot of time for Baldock, scored some important goals for us in recent seasons. Great acceleration, quick decisions, good finisher.

If we try to use him like Joao (hint: we won't) then yes I can understand the negativity, but I'm sure we'll use Baldock to his strengths.

Making the comment ready for the post match gloat. :wink:

We can win this.

Where's the gloating then you clueless tosser? He was taken off.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Dec 2020 18:07

Millsy
Millsy So much negativity.

I've a lot of time for Baldock, scored some important goals for us in recent seasons. Great acceleration, quick decisions, good finisher.

If we try to use him like Joao (hint: we won't) then yes I can understand the negativity, but I'm sure we'll use Baldock to his strengths.

Making the comment ready for the post match gloat. :wink:

We can win this.

Where's the gloating then you clueless tosser? He was taken off.

F**k off Millsy. Why are you replying to yourself anyway? Really immature and it's not funny.

201 posts