MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (h)

415 posts
Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (h)

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Feb 2021 11:25

windermereROYAL Just seen the McNair red from last night, I believe they are appealing it, he goes in with two feet but didn`t look out of control, probably 50/50 it will get rescinded.

Unless he's got a third leg to steady himself it's virtually impossible to be in control.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Feb 2021 11:27

windermereROYAL Just seen the McNair red from last night, I believe they are appealing it, he goes in with two feet but didn`t look out of control, probably 50/50 it will get rescinded.

I can't see it being rescinded, I haven't been able to find a replay with a clearer view of the challenge though. From the video I did see it looked like one of those that are normally a yellow but sometimes a red.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 17 Feb 2021 12:28

tidus_mi2

I can't see it being rescinded, I haven't been able to find a replay with a clearer view of the challenge though. From the video I did see it looked like one of those that are normally a yellow but sometimes a red.

Is the ban 'on hold' till the decision?
Is decision likely before Sat?
And if it's not rescinded, is there further sanction? Seem to remember an extra match ban or something.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Feb 2021 13:00

Horsham Royal
tidus_mi2

And if it's not rescinded, is there further sanction? Seem to remember an extra match ban or something.

The appeal is normally heard within a couple of days.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Feb 2021 13:08

Also I'm actually quite confident about this one, Middlesbrough's latest form is actually quite poor and a win against an equally poor Huddersfield side isn't too impressive.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 17 Feb 2021 14:01

They did a job on Norwich the other week (was on Sky) lots of cynical fouls, disrupting play and all long diagonal balls.

This is Millwall part 2, with part 3 & 4 in our following 2 games, we need to work out how to counter these type of sides.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Feb 2021 14:04

Mid Sussex Royal They did a job on Norwich the other week (was on Sky) lots of cynical fouls, disrupting play and all long diagonal balls.

Agreed, although Norwich were also pretty piss poor in that game.

They had a man stick to Emi Buendia (sp?) the whole game, I wonder if this is something they might do with Olise?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Feb 2021 14:05

If he’s out their other useful centre back, Dael Fry, will return to the starting line up having recently missed games through injury. If McNair is allowed to play then I expect Fry will return to partner him anyway. The disruption at the back their may largely explain ‘boro’s recent struggle for form.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Feb 2021 14:06

Horsham Royal
tidus_mi2

Decision will be made before Saturday I believe.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Feb 2021 14:10

WestYorksRoyal If Laurent was rested last night, do you think it will be Rinomhota on Saturday? They've both played pretty much every minute all season, so looking after them a bit more seems sensible.

Veljko Paunovic said Josh Laurent got a couple of knocks and was carrying them from the last few games. We decided to rest him and hopefully he can recover for the next game

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Feb 2021 14:43

tidus_mi2

I agree - very unlikely to be rescinded. Did think it was a very harsh decision but the referee clearly saw it and it was not an obvious error because as you say I have seen such tackles given both yellows and reds before.

I watched some of the Boro game and both sides looked very poor so quite hopeful we can beat them Saturday.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Feb 2021 14:46

tidus_mi2 Also I'm actually quite confident about this one, Middlesbrough's latest form is actually quite poor and a win against an equally poor Huddersfield side isn't too impressive.

Boro's form is deceptive - at home they have been shocking of late losing 3 on the spin before last nights win. On the road, it is a slightly different story picking up 7 points from the last 12.

GIven our recent home record against them as well, this will be a tough one.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2021 18:17

NewCorkSeth We have some interesting selection problems coming in the next few weeks.

McIntyre is too good to drop right? (Also would love to point out how many people on here moaned about him after one bad game. Proving you all wrong now isn't he!)

Holmes vs Yiadom. How best to bring Meite and Puscas back in. Could be interesting to see how Pauno deals with it.

Anyway. Same team again for me unless Laurent is rested again. I think Olise was much better in the central, Swift-Lite, role. Being the main man seemed to give him more purpose and drive.

Esteves was actually pretty decent out wide right. Looked the most likely to create something for a good 10 minutes.

Assuming everyone is fit, it's actually hard to pick an XI.

I'd probably go:

Cabral
Yiadom, Morrison, McIntyre, Richards
Rinomhota, Laurent
Meite, Swift, Olise
Joao

Some big omissions whichever way you go.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Feb 2021 18:44

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth We have some interesting selection problems coming in the next few weeks.

McIntyre is too good to drop right? (Also would love to point out how many people on here moaned about him after one bad game. Proving you all wrong now isn't he!)

Holmes vs Yiadom. How best to bring Meite and Puscas back in. Could be interesting to see how Pauno deals with it.

Anyway. Same team again for me unless Laurent is rested again. I think Olise was much better in the central, Swift-Lite, role. Being the main man seemed to give him more purpose and drive.

Esteves was actually pretty decent out wide right. Looked the most likely to create something for a good 10 minutes.

Assuming everyone is fit, it's actually hard to pick an XI.

I'd probably go:

Cabral
Yiadom, Morrison, McIntyre, Richards
Rinomhota, Laurent
Meite, Swift, Olise
Joao

Some big omissions whichever way you go.

Probably correct tbf. Despite how much I rate Ejaria and Moore.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 18 Feb 2021 16:32

McNair available for Boro- red card rescinded.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Feb 2021 17:34

Royals and Racers McNair available for Boro- red card rescinded.

Well there's a guaranteed goal-scorer on Saturday!

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 18 Feb 2021 17:41

andrew1957
tidus_mi2

I agree - very unlikely to be rescinded. Did think it was a very harsh decision but the referee clearly saw it and it was not an obvious error because as you say I have seen such tackles given both yellows and reds before.

I watched some of the Boro game and both sides looked very poor so quite hopeful we can beat them Saturday.

Very surprised by that decision - the FA pretty much saying the referee messed up but I have seen sendings off for similar in the past.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Feb 2021 17:43

andrew1957
andrew1957
tidus_mi2 I can't see it being rescinded, I haven't been able to find a replay with a clearer view of the challenge though. From the video I did see it looked like one of those that are normally a yellow but sometimes a red.

Very surprised by that decision - the FA pretty much saying the referee messed up but I have seen sendings off for similar in the past.

Maybe the ref looked at footage and changed his mind?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Feb 2021 18:14

Royals and Racers McNair available for Boro- red card rescinded.

Giving him the opportunity to pick one up on Saturday instead!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Feb 2021 19:19

Mid Sussex Royal They did a job on Norwich the other week (was on Sky) lots of cynical fouls, disrupting play and all long diagonal balls.

This is Millwall part 2, with part 3 & 4 in our following 2 games, we need to work out how to counter these type of sides.

Yeah.

Holmes at RB? Even at RB his physical presence is much needed against physical sides.

415 posts