MATCHWATCH : Swansea City (h)

219 posts
Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Swansea City (h)

by Notts Royal » 25 Apr 2021 14:14

tidus_mi2
Notts Royal Time for the club to sort out outgoings now to improve the finances.

Olise is the obvious one...can’t afford to let him go on a free next summer.

Will Swift want to stay? I’d like a midfield 3 of him Laurent & Rino. And he’ll prob be in lower demand now he’s been injured this season.

I’d sell Puscas...stock will likely be high enough on the continent to warrant a decent enough fee. Can’t imagine he’ll be happy sitting on the bench.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Puscas will having a storming Euros

I’m still unsure how much of it is the fact we don’t have the tactics/personnel to suit him or if he’s just not that good. He’s not been a terrible signing, but it’s not real worked out has it. And the longer he stays, and just sits on the bench, the more he’ll decrease in value

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Apr 2021 14:15

Orion1871
tidus_mi2
Notts Royal Time for the club to sort out outgoings now to improve the finances.

Olise is the obvious one...can’t afford to let him go on a free next summer.

Will Swift want to stay? I’d like a midfield 3 of him Laurent & Rino. And he’ll prob be in lower demand now he’s been injured this season.

I’d sell Puscas...stock will likely be high enough on the continent to warrant a decent enough fee. Can’t imagine he’ll be happy sitting on the bench.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Puscas will having a storming Euros

Maybe, who is he going to play for?

I'll be honest, I just assumed Romania had qualified.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Apr 2021 14:19

I haven’t see the game but was keeping tabs on things. Just come home to a very unhappy Jnr who is fuming we didn’t get two pens and felt with them there should have been a sending off. I just feel sheer frustration that teams like Barnsley and Swansea have finished in the play offs ahead of us. Sheer sheer frustration.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 Apr 2021 14:22

I like Pauno, been a good season overall and I would give him another season...but..

Listening to his post match interview, he sounds like one of those people you work with who gets every job/secondment they go for and you wonder why.

Uses all the buzzwords and sound bites etc but says very little

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Apr 2021 15:16

On the upside Reading are second only to Cheltenham in the fair play table out of the 92 clubs with a ratio of 1.022 disciplinary points per game (45 points from 44 games). No sendings off so far either, can’t remember the last season Reading managed that.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 25 Apr 2021 15:47

Pretty much what we have been seeing since Xmas.We are nowhere near a top six team.Devoid of self belief and team spirit;there were a few very poor performances out there.

IMHO

Rafa.Another save where he pushes the ball out to the oncoming forward ,for the first.He really should be working on that.

Yids. Disappeared 2 nd half when he was out on his feet,once again.What’s wrong with him ?
Richards. Struggling to see what Bayern see in him,really.A couple of nice touches,then he screws up defensively.He may well sink without a trace in the Bunde.
Holmes. 2nd game running he was put on his backside a couple of times,and some weak defending 2nd half.
Moore .He had an absolute shocker,particularly on the first goal.His first three passes out of defence 1 st half,weren’t even close to a Reading player.The form he displayed when he first came to the club ,have now disappeared down the money drain.
Swift.Easily MOM.Today showed what we have been missing for three quarters of the season.
Rino. Huffed and puffed as usual.But he really should have hit the target 2nd half.
Laurent.Another shocker.almost gifted them a goal.He is just so slow to react,and once again the game passed him by.
Ejaria. One of his better games.Suprised he was taken off.
Meite .What’s that 11 goals this season ? You are not going to get that much more out of him.
Jao.Swansea were all over him,and he just couldn’t break loose,should have done better with the back pass.

Semedo. Really ?
Alukho.Once again should have been on earlier.
Puskas. Simply dreadful.
Estevez.Technically he is a very good player,as we saw with his goal.Just not trustworthy defensively.

Unti half time I thought the ref did really well.But he must have seen the clear penalty shout 2nd half.The assistant had an even better view;but are they told not to rule on the big decisions.

Effectively I really don’t know what Pauno is going to do on the last two games.The fact is,he is probably screwed.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 25 Apr 2021 16:00

Today we came from behind to get a draw. We've done this a lot recently - Cardiff, QPR, Nottingham Forest. Trying to grasp as positives, I guess this is a sign that heads are not dropping when we go behind and we try to the end (recently goals on 90+3 and 90+4). Warriors!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Apr 2021 16:02

Sutekh On the upside Reading are second only to Cheltenham in the fair play table out of the 92 clubs with a ratio of 1.022 disciplinary points per game (45 points from 44 games). No sendings off so far either, can’t remember the last season Reading managed that.

If I haven't been beaten to it, probably 05/06

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 25 Apr 2021 16:09

Westwood52 Pretty much what we have been seeing since Xmas.We are nowhere near a top six team.Devoid of self belief and team spirit;there were a few very poor performances out there.

IMHO

Rafa.Another save where he pushes the ball out to the oncoming forward ,for the first.He really should be working on that.

Yids. Disappeared 2 nd half when he was out on his feet,once again.What’s wrong with him ?
Richards. Struggling to see what Bayern see in him,really.A couple of nice touches,then he screws up defensively.He may well sink without a trace in the Bunde.
Holmes. 2nd game running he was put on his backside a couple of times,and some weak defending 2nd half.
Moore .He had an absolute shocker,particularly on the first goal.His first three passes out of defence 1 st half,weren’t even close to a Reading player.The form he displayed when he first came to the club ,have now disappeared down the money drain.
Swift.Easily MOM.Today showed what we have been missing for three quarters of the season.
Rino. Huffed and puffed as usual.But he really should have hit the target 2nd half.
Laurent.Another shocker.almost gifted them a goal.He is just so slow to react,and once again the game passed him by.
Meite .What’s that 11 goals this season ? You are not going to get that much more out of him.
Jao.Swansea were all over him,and he just couldn’t break loose,should have done better with the back pass.

Semedo. Really ?
Puskas. Simply dreadful.
Estevez.Technically he is a very good player,as we saw with his goal.Just not trustworthy defensively.

Unti half time I thought the ref did really well.But he must have seen the clear penalty shout 2nd half.The assistant had an even better view;but are they told not to rule on the big decisions.

Effectively I really don’t know what Pauno is going to do on the last two games.The fact is,he is probably screwed.

I disagree with nearly everyone of your assessments there. Thought Richards and Laurent were brilliant. And Aluko on earlier? Really?

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 25 Apr 2021 16:34

Jagermesiter1871
Westwood52 Pretty much what we have been seeing since Xmas.We are nowhere near a top six team.Devoid of self belief and team spirit;there were a few very poor performances out there.

IMHO

Semedo. Really ?
Puskas. Simply dreadful.

I disagree with nearly everyone of your assessments there. Thought Richards and Laurent were brilliant. And Aluko on earlier? Really?

Yeah I thought Laurent was brilliant as well;particularly when he tested Rafa 2nd half to see if he was awake.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Apr 2021 16:54

Zip I haven’t see the game but was keeping tabs on things. Just come home to a very unhappy Jnr who is fuming we didn’t get two pens and felt with them there should have been a sending off. I just feel sheer frustration that teams like Barnsley and Swansea have finished in the play offs ahead of us. Sheer sheer frustration.

Tbf Swansea could have scored plenty of other opportunities. But yeah. We've been badly hurt by penalties not given again.

It's small margins. Ayew made the difference. Their top scorer was on form, ours wasn't. Very little difference between the sides.

For all that it ends in disappointment, we've only really looked out classes by one side above us... maybe Norwich will make it two. Otherwise we've been as good but the margins just fell the wrong way.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Apr 2021 17:21

Been a weird set of games since the international break

We’ve done ‘ok’ in all of them and only lost vs Watford

In isolation each result wasn’t too bad. It’s just simply a load of draws together were no good for us at all - missed that ability to turn a couple of those into wins

Same today. We did ok. Not brilliantly and not well enough but it was ok

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Apr 2021 17:28

karbota Now let's hope for the big clear out, the famous pundit Alan Hanson once said "You cant win anything with too many foreign players and kids".
History tells us that our best years were with British owners, British management, British coaching, and with a majority British playing staff.

History actually tells us that the 106 side (those that played in league games) were less than 50% British - therefore NOT the majority of playing staff

06/07 a squad of (apparently 30) contained 14 Brits
07/08 a squad of (apparently 31) contained only 13 Brits

I think that's our best years covered

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 25 Apr 2021 17:41

Don't interact with KKKarbota.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 25 Apr 2021 18:58

Franchise FC
karbota Now let's hope for the big clear out, the famous pundit Alan Hanson once said "You cant win anything with too many foreign players and kids".
History tells us that our best years were with British owners, British management, British coaching, and with a majority British playing staff.

History actually tells us that the 106 side (those that played in league games) were less than 50% British - therefore NOT the majority of playing staff

Wrong 2005/2006 was our record breaking season the squad contained 23 Brits of a total of 30, of course this includes Welsh, Scottish and Irish players, all part of the British Isles.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Apr 2021 19:03

karbota
Franchise FC

Wrong 2005/2006 was our record breaking season the squad contained 23 Brits of a total of 30, of course this includes Welsh, Scottish and Irish players, all part of the British Isles.

Check your facts. Long, Doyle and Hunt are not British for a start.
If you read my reply, you'll see that I quoted very specifically those that played in league games. Your 30 includes a large number that didn't see any game time at all

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 25 Apr 2021 19:07

Orion1871 Don't interact with KKKarbota.

biff

by biff » 25 Apr 2021 19:07

He's a single issue race troll, just ignore him

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Apr 2021 19:11

Orion1871
Orion1871 Don't interact with KKKarbota.

Yeah, sorry - my fault
I've avoided any interaction for weeks but lost control for a second.

I'll learn from it

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Apr 2021 19:35

I look forward to karbunkle visiting the Emerald isle and explaining to the Republicans and those south of the border that they're actually British.

219 posts