Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Pauno out

by Lower West » 30 Jan 2022 19:27

Stranded
windermereROYAL
Lower West
No , the business plan agreed with the EFL has restricted the clubs options.

Restricted but not nullified. there ARE options out their rather than just heading down the road to nowhere.

This. His contract is already budgeted for this season so when we pay it up matters not.

New guy could be offered a small-ish wage with a delayed bonus if successful. Not buying in to the Warnock plan but imagine he'd happily take a small wage with a nice retirement bonus paid over a couple of years.

Who would want to take a poisoned chalice? The challenges run deeper than simply staying up this year.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Jan 2022 19:41

What is really grating on me is that this is one of the worst managers in a role in living memory. Team are shot to pieces. Nothing is going to get better and there are less and less games.

The pay off for pauno and team cannot be massive. If it’s a case of balancing the books they should be looking to shipping out Moore or ejaria to make it happen.

Then they should do what’s needed to get warnock in. He was literally crying out for one more job. His track record tells you he’s get a reaction and knows what is needed. What was even more telling is that he thrives on togetherness, battle, dressing room spirit. Something clearly lacking with us. Even more telling was mcanuff saying that he has heard nothing but brilliant things about warnock. Opposition fans and teams hate him but those who have played for him think he’s brilliant.

Reading FC board. Sack Pauno and get Warnock in. With a break coming up now is the time to do it. Give this club a chance.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 30 Jan 2022 19:47

paultheroyal What is really grating on me is that this is one of the worst managers in a role in living memory. Team are shot to pieces. Nothing is going to get better and there are less and less games.

The pay off for pauno and team cannot be massive. If it’s a case of balancing the books they should be looking to shipping out Moore or ejaria to make it happen.

Then they should do what’s needed to get warnock in. He was literally crying out for one more job. His track record tells you he’s get a reaction and knows what is needed. What was even more telling is that he thrives on togetherness, battle, dressing room spirit. Something clearly lacking with us. Even more telling was mcanuff saying that he has heard nothing but brilliant things about warnock. Opposition fans and teams hate him but those who have played for him think he’s brilliant.

Reading FC board. Sack Pauno and get Warnock in. With a break coming up now is the time to do it. Give this club a chance.

He could take the players to flamingo land

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 30 Jan 2022 20:11

He isn't going to get sacked is he ?

They are just going to let him see out his contract and relegate us. He doesn't care, players won't be here next year so they don't care.

What have they done to this club. Won't be suprised if we are battling to survive in League 1 next year.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 30 Jan 2022 20:32

Getthebeerens He isn't going to get sacked is he ?

They are just going to let him see out his contract and relegate us. He doesn't care, players won't be here next year so they don't care.

What have they done to this club. Won't be suprised if we are battling to survive in League 1 next year.

Yup for all the wishes we have for him to go if it was going to happen it would have by now

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 30 Jan 2022 20:45

Zip
NathStPaul
leon Why hasn’t the twat been given the boot?

Kkkarbota?

As the late Meatloaf would say “you took the words right out of my mouth”

Speaking of Meatloaf, apparently 'I would do anything for love but I won't do that' is the answer that Dai gives when he is asked if he'll sack Pauno.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jan 2022 21:07

Paul Clement off to be Lampards assistant at Everton. Interesting one

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 30 Jan 2022 21:15

Hound Paul Clement off to be Lampards assistant at Everton. Interesting one

Not everyone has managerial qualities. Good record as a coach.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Jan 2022 21:16

The defending yesterday is schoolboy stuff, individually, tactically and even mentally. Look at the difference between our runners and their runners for their 3rd goal yesterday, just criminal. Teams must relish playing us because we are so easy to score against it's unbelievable.

I grasp Pauno's point about being "good" between the goals, but I wouldn't have worded it that way. We had plenty of efforts at goal and always looked a threat but nothing can be described as good when you lose 4-0. Unfortunately, I'm resigned to the fact that we will keep him until the end of the season, it's just such a massive shame that our 150th year will be remembered for this and in fairness to Pauno, it's not all of his doing and these results reflect on the clubs situation just as much as the players and manager and there are some harsh comments about a genuinely decent person and no doubt a good manager in other circumstances, but these results are just unbeliavably shocking.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Jan 2022 21:24

Lower West
Hound Paul Clement off to be Lampards assistant at Everton. Interesting one

Not everyone has managerial qualities. Good record as a coach.

Great on training ground, woeful man manager. Good appointment

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jan 2022 21:41

Lower West
Stranded
windermereROYAL
Restricted but not nullified. there ARE options out their rather than just heading down the road to nowhere.

This. His contract is already budgeted for this season so when we pay it up matters not.

New guy could be offered a small-ish wage with a delayed bonus if successful. Not buying in to the Warnock plan but imagine he'd happily take a small wage with a nice retirement bonus paid over a couple of years.

Who would want to take a poisoned chalice? The challenges run deeper than simply staying up this year.

As with most things in football, a surprising number of people will fancy it.

It is almost no lose now, we are free falling, if someone fails they didn't stand a chance. If they succeed, they are a miracle worker who will be able to totally rebuild the squad and environment at the club.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Jan 2022 21:58

Stranded
Lower West
Stranded

As with most things in football, a surprising number of people will fancy it.

It is almost no lose now, we are free falling, if someone fails they didn't stand a chance. If they succeed, they are a miracle worker who will be able to totally rebuild the squad and environment at the club.

Yeah we would still be one hell of an attractive prospect for many managers out there, I just wouldn't expect a manager wanting to build a reputation in football, like a Wilder or Cooper, or one whose stock is on the rise to be someone willing to take it.

If it did mean a Mick McCarthy for 6 months to see us over the line, so be it. I'll take whatever at this point.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2022 22:01

There's a chance he goes tomorrow.

If he hasn't gone by a couple days after we lose to Posh, then we know he's absolutely going nowhere.

Until then, I refuse to believe its hopeless

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 30 Jan 2022 22:15

Snowflake Royal There's a chance he goes tomorrow.

LOL

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Jan 2022 22:58

International breaks are a dangerous time for managers. He only has 5 months on his contract, we shipped off Rafael's wages....surely we can afford it even in our situation?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 30 Jan 2022 23:00

Monday at 11am a presser will be called and he will be gone.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 30 Jan 2022 23:07

Brogue Monday at 11am a presser will be called and he will be gone.

With the backroom staff as well? Leaves the cupboard very bare.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 30 Jan 2022 23:15

I don't believe it but I oxf*rd hope so. Not that I trust the owners to make a good decision on the replacement, I just can't see anyone doing worse right now.

Over a week until the next game, it would be the perfect time to pull the trigger.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 31 Jan 2022 07:02

SouthDownsRoyal
Snowflake Royal There's a chance he goes tomorrow.

LOL

Ian has no clue about football

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2022 08:07

Said that's when he'd go if he got the sack after this weekend two days ago.

3542 posts