Pauno out

3542 posts
Stevie G

Re: Pauno out

by Stevie G » 19 Feb 2022 10:29

I've remained in the Pauno In camp as while I think he should have been sacked some while back, I considered that the club wouldn't do it. They haven't, and I don't think this will change before the end of the season. Hence, at that point I consider it better to support the team than undermine it.

Maybe they considered his offer, maybe there isn't anyone who wants to take the job on, or within the T&Cs that the owners can accept. Would you take this basket case on? He can't just leave, it'll cost him in breach of contract. Debatable what this period is doing to his reputation, it'll come out in the wash.

If you carry on doing the same you cannot expect change, but change can come, as the opposition is a variable. Today we have a change in Brandon. Let's see what difference this makes before writing the match off and as every step goes, the rest of the season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Feb 2022 10:46

Pauno is shit and needs to go. Dai is worse and things won't ever get better for long whilst he owns us.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Pauno o

by Millsy » 19 Feb 2022 10:55

morganb Somewhere in China the following scene plays out after every match:

Are we on the bottom three? (Dai looks at spreadsheet sent to him by Pang, who we all know by his LinkedIn profile has strong Excel skills) - No.

Thinks "We can't get relegated unless we are in the bottom three."

No need to sack Pauno then.

How many previous owners have proven Excel credentials like Pang has? How many use technology like this to aid their decisions rather than relying on flawed human thought?This is why Dai is a billionaire and we’re not. We are lucky to have them.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Feb 2022 11:01

Dayong Pang's excel formula for management performance.

=IF(And(F1="L",#'LeagueTable'b1=>22),"Hide from Dai","do not sack Clownovic")

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Feb 2022 11:05

Snowflake Royal Dayong Pang's excel formula for management performance.

=IF(And(F1="L",#'LeagueTable'b1=>22),"Hide from Dai","do not sack Clownovic")

:lol:

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 19 Feb 2022 11:17

It was obvious from last week's Club statement that Pauno is not leaving before the end of the season, regardless of the impact that his departure will have on the team (oh for a new Manager bounce for 2 or 3 games right now; it would be enough to keep us up...) so no need to get wound up about it as all you will do is "bounce off the walls and end up where you started" (Apollo 13).......

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 19 Feb 2022 11:25

Following the "beautiful game" has aways been emotional, winning, losing and drawing. Success and failure, hope and aspiration inevitably leading to euphoria and depression. But, for all of that we volunteer to be involved and we mostly forgive the negatives, largely because of the effort, ambition,and application from everybody concerned. Today l find myself hardly able to give a shiny sh@t anymore! I also occasionally attend Exeter City games, where everything and l mean everything, is better! The ground is like Elm Park, the team and fans have a connection and the football is entertaining, the success/failure balance is almost incidental. The Biscuitmen have lost their way and sadly l don't think l particularly care anymore!
:( :( :( :( :(

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 19 Feb 2022 12:57

Eaststandman Following the "beautiful game" has aways been emotional, winning, losing and drawing. Success and failure, hope and aspiration inevitably leading to euphoria and depression. But, for all of that we volunteer to be involved and we mostly forgive the negatives, largely because of the effort, ambition,and application from everybody concerned. Today l find myself hardly able to give a shiny sh@t anymore! I also occasionally attend Exeter City games, where everything and l mean everything, is better! The ground is like Elm Park, the team and fans have a connection and the football is entertaining, the success/failure balance is almost incidental. The Biscuitmen have lost their way and sadly l don't think l particularly care anymore!
:( :( :( :( :(

I feel like you - but I'm afraid like me you do care. But I try to convince myself that I don't ...

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 19 Feb 2022 13:42

Royal Waster, and that my friend just may be why the bastards have us by the short & curlies!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Feb 2022 13:48

Mr Angry It was obvious from last week's Club statement that Pauno is not leaving before the end of the season, regardless of the impact that his departure will have on the team (oh for a new Manager bounce for 2 or 3 games right now; it would be enough to keep us up...) so no need to get wound up about it as all you will do is "bounce off the walls and end up where you started" (Apollo 13).......

I don’t think it was obvious at all. They didn’t even mention him

I’m sure he’ll go at some point this season. Even if it’s long after we have any chance of staying up

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Feb 2022 14:11

Hound
Mr Angry It was obvious from last week's Club statement that Pauno is not leaving before the end of the season, regardless of the impact that his departure will have on the team (oh for a new Manager bounce for 2 or 3 games right now; it would be enough to keep us up...) so no need to get wound up about it as all you will do is "bounce off the walls and end up where you started" (Apollo 13).......

I don’t think it was obvious at all. They didn’t even mention him

I’m sure he’ll go at some point this season. Even if it’s long after we have any chance of staying up

This is what I'm thinking now. Our owners and those that make decisions in the club are clueless and have a long history of making questionable decisions at questionable times. Pauno will most likely get sacked with 5 games to go once we are already relegated.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Feb 2022 14:16

Yeah at that point it costs no extra to sack or keep really. Just pay the last month of his salary

I think that may well happen. 5 games to go, basically down and they’ll just put Morro in charge or something as we go through the motions at the end

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 19 Feb 2022 17:38

We did it !! We did it guys it took me 10 months and 178 pages but we did it.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 19 Feb 2022 17:40

Well, that post aged well!

:lol:

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 Feb 2022 17:41

What a weekend! First 3 points since November and we sack Pauno!

Wouldn't it be ironic if these 4 points this week turns out to be what saves us some May.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Feb 2022 17:41

Lock the thread

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Feb 2022 17:41

PAUL INCE???????

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Feb 2022 17:48

Didn't quite make it to 200. Sorry, Brogue

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 19 Feb 2022 17:49

The bigger picture is the cnut has gone that all I care about

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Feb 2022 18:55

This is seriously the best laugh I’ve had in ages. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3542 posts