3542 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Pauno out

by Millsy » 18 Feb 2022 13:55

Pepe the Horseman
morganb Latest pointless rumour on Twitter but from a fairly reputable sauce:

https://mobile.twitter.com/1871podcast/ ... 1076937730

Latest 'news' / rumour: Delay with Paunovic leaving caused by finalising a compensation package.
RFC are either still negotiating OR letting him stay. Watch this space. #readingfc

@ElmParkRoyals @jonathanl50 @TalkReading @Huntyroyal @Smudgersport

(1871 is a weekly podcast for Reading FC fans, with Mark Roach, Dylan Kerr, Johnny Hunt & special guests. Every Tuesday @ 6.30pm.)

Lol, that literally tells us nothing. He might be going, or he might be staying. Watch this space.

Actually it tells us a lot.

The talk has been that he tried to "resign". That would mean no compensation needed and therefore huge confusion and a lot of sympathy for "poor old Pauno" who's being inexplicably kept against his will, all anger at Dai.

If as we originally thought he wants to go but wants us to pay him this changes everything as he's just being a stubborn prick in a way, albeit is entitled to be one. RFC are hopefully still trying to negotiate pennies with him or worst case scenario have given up but are too pigheaded to sack as that way Pauno gets what he wants. In the meantime we're heading towards league one. Still Dai is also a prick.
Last edited by Millsy on 18 Feb 2022 13:57, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Feb 2022 13:56

I actually thought that tweet was a piss-take. I still think it is.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Feb 2022 13:57

Millsy
Pepe the Horseman
morganb Latest pointless rumour on Twitter but from a fairly reputable sauce:

https://mobile.twitter.com/1871podcast/ ... 1076937730

Latest 'news' / rumour: Delay with Paunovic leaving caused by finalising a compensation package.
RFC are either still negotiating OR letting him stay. Watch this space. #readingfc

@ElmParkRoyals @jonathanl50 @TalkReading @Huntyroyal @Smudgersport

(1871 is a weekly podcast for Reading FC fans, with Mark Roach, Dylan Kerr, Johnny Hunt & special guests. Every Tuesday @ 6.30pm.)

Lol, that literally tells us nothing. He might be going, or he might be staying. Watch this space.

The talk has been that he tried to "resign". That would mean no compensation needed and therefore huge confusion and a lot of sympathy for "poor old Pauno" who's being kept against his will, all anger at Dai.

If as we originally thought he wants to go but wants us to pay him this changes everything as he's just being a stubborn prick in a way, albeit is entitled to be one. RFC are hopefully still trying to negotiate pennies with him or worst case scenario have given up but are too pigheaded to sack as that way Pauno gets what he wants. In the meantime we're heading towards league one. Still Dai is also a prick.

It's not new news. It's them talking about a rumour.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Feb 2022 13:59

Pepe the Horseman
Millsy
Pepe the Horseman Lol, that literally tells us nothing. He might be going, or he might be staying. Watch this space.

The talk has been that he tried to "resign". That would mean no compensation needed and therefore huge confusion and a lot of sympathy for "poor old Pauno" who's being kept against his will, all anger at Dai.

It's not new news. It's them talking about a rumour.

Yeh might be crap but the point is if it's true it rules out the "tried to resign" theory.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 18 Feb 2022 14:12

NathStPaul
YorkshireRoyal99 All of this hope and expectation has turned into somewhat of a damp squib really hasn't it.

Reminds me of when I lost my virginity.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 18 Feb 2022 15:51

Hendo Schrödinger's Manager.

Schindler's List.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 18 Feb 2022 19:41

OK, a bit sad. But this whole saga has ruin my week. Have just been constantly pissed off.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Feb 2022 20:43

Yeah know what you mean. Footballs meant to be a bit of escapism and some fun but everything around the club currently just makes me feel miserable. Crap times

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Feb 2022 23:08

Hound Yeah know what you mean. Footballs meant to be a bit of escapism and some fun but everything around the club currently just makes me feel miserable. Crap times

Yep. Got to the point I can laugh off the defeats. But the constant bullshit of mismanagement and lack of change bleeds into the rest of the week.

Routine is now basically

How is he still in charge, we're such a shambles
We're going to lose
We lose
We're shit
Maybe this time he'll get sacked
Is he getting sacked
How has he not got sacked
He's still in charge
We're going to lose
We lose

Ad infinitum

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Feb 2022 06:59

Yep very much that

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 19 Feb 2022 07:24

Snowflake Royal
Hound Yeah know what you mean. Footballs meant to be a bit of escapism and some fun but everything around the club currently just makes me feel miserable. Crap times

Yep. Got to the point I can laugh off the defeats. But the constant bullshit of mismanagement and lack of change bleeds into the rest of the week.

Routine is now basically

We're going to lose
We lose
We're shit
Is he getting sacked
He's still in charge
We're going to lose
We lose

Ad infinitum

100% this. Even a couple of mates who support Fulham and Forest have stopped the football banter with me which says it all. Every game is like Ground Hog Day.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 19 Feb 2022 07:39

I go to most of the home games and a handful of away games but now I live in Wootton Bassett I can’t get BBCRB so I listen online and pay £2.50 for commentary. I much prefer to watch football live but used to get much more nervous listening to commentary especially if we are hanging on to a 1-0 lead. However, these days I can listen to it emotionless I know what’s coming and I can’t even get angry about anymore tbh. There’s always a faint hope that today will be different but it never is. Here’s hoping today will be different.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Feb 2022 08:22

Snowflake Royal

Routine is now basically

We're going to lose
We lose
We're shit
Is he getting sacked
He's still in charge
We're going to lose
We lose

Ad infinitum

Yes it is this and I find myself repeating so much stuff on here because nothing has changed.
In 50 years supporting this club I have never known a situation like this because the manager would on each and every time be sacked by now.

Then you add in all the own goals like the Liam Moore situation, the rumours about Pauno’s sacking, the points deduction, the transfer embargo, the ridiculous injury levels and the strange position regarding Ovie Ejaria and it almost feels like our owners don’t care if we go down. It’s thoroughly depressing

If we lose today the atmosphere is going to be poisonous for the Birmingham game.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Feb 2022 08:30

Snowflake Royal
SouthDownsRoyal
Theroyalbox I keep checking the social media on the hour hoping for the announcement, next stop 11:00

Check it after the season ends m9

I don't quite believe it, but looks like I'll be apologising to you on Saturday.

I’d love you to come on here LOLing at me about how wrong I was but I just see nothing to suggest he will go before summer

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Feb 2022 08:50

SouthDownsRoyal
Snowflake Royal
SouthDownsRoyal
Check it after the season ends m9

I don't quite believe it, but looks like I'll be apologising to you on Saturday.

I’d love you to come on here LOLing at me about how wrong I was but I just see nothing to suggest he will go before summer

Sorry SDR. You were right. We're stuck with him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Feb 2022 08:52

It’s getting so late in his contract now it’s almost an irrelevance to the cost of what’s left. It’s basically a standard 3 month notice period now. Surely the owners aren’t too bothered about that

I’m very confused about why he is still here. I see absolutely no benefit to letting him work that out

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Feb 2022 08:56

Hound It’s getting so late in his contract now it’s almost an irrelevance to the cost of what’s left. It’s basically a standard 3 month notice period now. Surely the owners aren’t too bothered about that

I’m very confused about why he is still here. I see absolutely no benefit to letting him work that out

I'm convinced it's sheer stubbornness now. Honestly believe he was due to go last Monday, but a combination of being pissed off with the leaks and not wanting to be told what to do by the fans has made Dai dig his heels in.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Feb 2022 08:58

Just waiting for the end credits on this farce to roll and hear that Terry and June have finally left the building. Altogether now....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myYPRmgBaaE

Then we should all follow up with midnight vigils for the return of Brian in some role. Campfires in the car park outside the Mad Stadium and all that.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 19 Feb 2022 09:10

Pepe the Horseman
Hound It’s getting so late in his contract now it’s almost an irrelevance to the cost of what’s left. It’s basically a standard 3 month notice period now. Surely the owners aren’t too bothered about that

I'm convinced it's sheer stubbornness now. Honestly believe he was due to go last Monday, but a combination of being pissed off with the leaks and not wanting to be told what to do by the fans has made Dai dig his heels in.

In some ways I hope you’re right as it would at least demonstrate he has some feelings for the club even he’s hacked off at the moment. My worry is he’ll let the season play out and decide to sell up and I don’t think that would end well for us but who knows.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 19 Feb 2022 09:44

Somewhere in China the following scene plays out after every match:

Are we on the bottom three? (Dai looks at spreadsheet sent to him by Pang, who we all know by his LinkedIn profile has strong Excel skills) - No.

Thinks "We can't get relegated unless we are in the bottom three."

No need to sack Pauno then.

3542 posts