Pauno out

3542 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Pauno out

by RoyalBlue » 11 Dec 2021 19:37

Brogue Ok so his interview has just sealed it. Apparently we were dangerous on the counter attack in the first half. And we deserved more from the game. :shock:

The man is delirious.

Won't exactly help if he spends the post match interviews moaning about how crap the players have been!

He certainly wasn't delirious when he stated that there was far too much negativity around the club i.e. with a section of our fan base.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Dec 2021 19:40

bang-on

Any other day, 0-1 at WBA would be seen as a decent enough result

Couldn’t criticise him for his substitutions

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 11 Dec 2021 19:40

You have seen the table, right? Not sure what there is to be positive about. Enlighten me?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Dec 2021 19:42

It’s football mate, it's a 46 game season...chill

We’ll be fine with the guy who bosses these sicknotes

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 11 Dec 2021 19:44

AthleticoSpizz It’s football mate, it's a 46 game season...chill

We’ll be fine with the guy who works with these sicknotes

:roll: And what exactly makes you think we will be fine? Have you not seen the table?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Dec 2021 19:46

The season isn’t finished (and as it stands, we’re not relegated)

We’ve done the hire and fire thing for too long...time to suck-up what we”ve got.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 11 Dec 2021 19:47

Nope.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Dec 2021 19:48

ev’s

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 11 Dec 2021 19:51

Brogue Ok so his interview has just sealed it. Apparently we were dangerous on the counter attack in the first half. And we deserved more from the game. :shock:

The man is delirious.

He will have a free hit because of the injuries however If that is what he said in the interview he is now sounding like Nigel the blinkered ridiculously over- positive manager and look what happened to him.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 11 Dec 2021 19:55

RoyalBlue

The man is delirious.

Won't exactly help if he spends the post match interviews moaning about how crap the players have been!

He certainly wasn't delirious when he stated that there was far too much negativity around the club i.e. with a section of our fan base.

Er..WE fans are not "around the club"-surely he didn't refer to the fans who have been really supportive for the games that I have been to.

If a semblance of negativity on a fans' website gets to the players and the manager they are in the wrong job.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Dec 2021 20:00

RoyalBlue
Zip
Jagermesiter1871
What did he do wrong today?

We have an insane number of injuries. Sack the medical/fitness team before anyone else. WTF are they doing!!!!???

I have no idea what our medical team are doing.Players taking forever to return from injuries and more soft injuries than other clubs. This is not just about bad luck with impact injuries. It’s bloody constant.

Nothing to do with the number of minutes our players are having to play compared to those at other clubs then? Added to the fact that the appalling lack of depth in our squad means players are being brought back earlier than ideal.

The squad is only stretched because we have 12 injuries.

I'm sure the medical team will confirm all of them are unavoidable impact injuries again. Where's the Comical Ali gif?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Dec 2021 20:14

...the same place as the likes of Jon Fearn

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Dec 2021 21:44

Brogue

:roll: And what exactly makes you think we will be fine? Have you not seen the table?

We are only 2 points off relegation due to the deduction, we are realistically, even with a continuing shocking injuries lower mid table not relegation fodder.

This team can and will pick up enough wins along the way. We nearly always lose at WBA, 33 years now isn't it since a win and we apparently had to shift game plan late in the week due to Swift and Drinkwater being out. Not getting to get my knickers in a twist about today.

If we fail to take 4 from the next 6, then things may look a little bleaker but today is shrug shoulders and move on.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 11 Dec 2021 21:46

South Coast Royal

The man is delirious.

He will have a free hit because of the injuries however If that is what he said in the interview he is now sounding like Nigel the blinkered ridiculously over- positive manager and look what happened to him.

More deliirous than Stam's post match ramblings. At least Bowen, love him or hate him, while not singling out individual players. Was brutally honest about the team and the game in his post match interviews.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 11 Dec 2021 21:51

Stranded
Brogue

We are only 2 points off relegation due to the deduction, we are realistically, even with a continuing shocking injuries lower mid table not relegation fodder.

This team can and will pick up enough wins along the way. We nearly always lose at WBA, 33 years now isn't it since a win and we apparently had to shift game plan late in the week due to Swift and Drinkwater being out. Not getting to get my knickers in a twist about today.

If we fail to take 4 from the next 6, then things may look a little bleaker but today is shrug shoulders and move on.

On match day 23 last season we were on 40 points. Since then, and we will be match day 23 next weekend, we have taken 51 points. 51 points in 46 games. What makes you think we are suddenly going to improve when we have consistently been running at relegation form for the last 46 games?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Dec 2021 21:54

Lower West
South Coast Royal

The man is delirious.

More deliirous than Stam's post match ramblings. At least Bowen, love him or hate him, while not singling out individual players. Was brutally honest about the team and the game in his post match interviews.

This is what VP said about the performance, what is incorrect here:

I think not a great first half although we did have a big chance to take the lead. I didn’t like that we conceded that much possession. I didn’t like that we didn’t create more. But still, we had that big chance and it’s an unfortunate outcome.

I think we have to be much more clinical and much more ruthless when we have these kinds of chances to turn around the game and get the momentum. I wasn’t happy about the first half but the second half, after some adjustments, after changing our mentality, getting more on the ball, getting more in the final third, I think in the second half we looked better and we got the opposite outcome. One of the counter-attacks we weren’t capable to foul or delay we let the opposition come too easily in our final third and execute.

So he mentions the one excellent counter attack we had where TDB really should have hit the target if not scored.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 11 Dec 2021 21:56

Stranded
Lower West
South Coast Royal

I think not a great first half although we did have a big chance to take the lead. I didn’t like that we conceded that much possession. I didn’t like that we didn’t create more. But still, we had that big chance and it’s an unfortunate outcome.

I think we have to be much more clinical and much more ruthless when we have these kinds of chances to turn around the game and get the momentum. I wasn’t happy about the first half but the second half, after some adjustments, after changing our mentality, getting more on the ball, getting more in the final third, I think in the second half we looked better and we got the opposite outcome. One of the counter-attacks we weren’t capable to foul or delay we let the opposition come too easily in our final third and execute.

So he mentions the one excellent counter attack we had where TDB really should have hit the target if not scored.

Is that from the get reading? I read that also and that’s not what he said in the post match interview on bbc berks.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Dec 2021 21:58

Brogue
Stranded
Brogue

On match day 23 last season we were on 40 points. Since then, and we will be match day 23 next weekend, we have taken 51 points. 51 points in 46 games. What makes you think we are suddenly going to improve when we have consistently been running at relegation form for the last 46 games?

Last season is meaningless. We have gained 27pts from 22. We are 8pts better than the bottom 3 on form, with the worst injury crisis I have ever known.

If the crisis continues we may slip further but if it improves even slightly, we will be absolutely fine.

Jinx

by Jinx » 11 Dec 2021 22:00

Pointless arguing Stranded, once people make their minds up about a manager they will never change

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Dec 2021 22:00

Brogue
Stranded
Lower West

Is that from the get reading? I read that also and that’s not what he said in the post match interview on bbc berks.

Chronicle in the "Every word from VP article". Was a very balanced view of what and why it went wrong. Didn't hear the radio interview but always prefer transcripts as you can read what was said not what you think you may have done.

Something we are all guilty of.

3542 posts