Injury watch 2021/22

948 posts
hughsies no.1

Re: Injury watch 2021/22

by hughsies no.1 » 13 Apr 2022 17:13

hughsies no.1 Halilovic not available again (despite coming out a few weeks back saying he is ready) - reading between the lines, must have some sort of clause in his deal where if he plays a certain number of games it will trigger another year deal, also wouldn't be surprised if that is what happened with Dann. My best guess is we will not see him again this season playing,

https://twitter.com/AlenHalilovic/statu ... Qz5-XQO9Sg

Even more convinced now...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Apr 2022 17:14

Hendo
Zip
Hendo
No more bonkers than signing John O'Shea. Would argue that Dann is probably better than JO'S was when he played for us, certainly no worse.

He might be here to work on his badges as well, like JO'S, and if it is low wages then I really don't see it being a huge issue.

Dorsett is the future and out of contract. Rochdale fans think he is destined for much bigger things. He should be a priority over Dann otherwise we will lose him the summer.
We desperately need more pace at centre back.

What if they're still trying to work out a contract for him? Just because nothing has been announced, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

What if he actually isn't very good?

I've not seen him play so can't really comment, but I think in a season where we're likely to struggle I'd want as many players I knew I could rely upon, especially in defence, than just throwing the kids in. Dann will be a good head in the dressing room as well. If they give Dorsett a new contract with the view of starting next season and he's gash people will start to jump on him and the club, very quickly.

You think we can rely on a 36 year old who has been distinctly average and out injured twice?

Morrison is better and younger. McIntyre is better and younger. Holmes is younger and more consistently available.

Currently our 'first choice' CB pairing will be Dann and McIntyre. Slower than hell and rarely available. Whooppee.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Apr 2022 17:19

hughsies no.1
hughsies no.1 Halilovic not available again (despite coming out a few weeks back saying he is ready) - reading between the lines, must have some sort of clause in his deal where if he plays a certain number of games it will trigger another year deal, also wouldn't be surprised if that is what happened with Dann. My best guess is we will not see him again this season playing,

Would be weird though as he has played 12 first team games for us this season, 13 seems like a random number to have a clause for a contract extension.

He might've just fallen out with Ince.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Apr 2022 17:23

hughsies no.1

You may be right but why would Ince lie?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Apr 2022 17:24

Snowflake Royal
Hendo
Zip
Dorsett is the future and out of contract. Rochdale fans think he is destined for much bigger things. He should be a priority over Dann otherwise we will lose him the summer.
We desperately need more pace at centre back.

What if they're still trying to work out a contract for him? Just because nothing has been announced, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

I've not seen him play so can't really comment, but I think in a season where we're likely to struggle I'd want as many players I knew I could rely upon, especially in defence, than just throwing the kids in. Dann will be a good head in the dressing room as well. If they give Dorsett a new contract with the view of starting next season and he's gash people will start to jump on him and the club, very quickly.

You think we can rely on a 36 year old who has been distinctly average and out injured twice?

Morrison is better and younger. McIntyre is better and younger. Holmes is younger and more consistently available.

Currently our 'first choice' CB pairing will be Dann and McIntyre. Slower than hell and rarely available. Whooppee.

I'd rather have someone who I have actually seen play than a totally unknown quantity in Dorsett, yeah. I'm not saying we shouldn't offer Dorsett a contact as well, but I'd certainly not have him starting come August.

Who's to say we aren't going to sign another CB between now and the end go August? It's April, I'm not really worried about who our current first choice defenders are for next season as there is so much time between now and the start of next season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Apr 2022 17:31

Id rather not fill out the squad with aged no longer very good glacially paced players like Dann when I could fill it out with young promising cheaper players like Dorsett.

Accepting mediocrity just because you've seen it seems a pretty awful approach to me.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Apr 2022 17:31

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Hendo

I'd rather have someone who I have actually seen play than a totally unknown quantity in Dorsett, yeah. I'm not saying we shouldn't offer Dorsett a contact as well, but I'd certainly not have him starting come August.

Who's to say we aren't going to sign another CB between now and the end go August? It's April, I'm not really worried about who our current first choice defenders are for next season as there is so much time between now and the start of next season.

There is plenty of time which begs the question why did we re-sign Dann so early.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Apr 2022 17:32

Because he had no other options zip.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Apr 2022 18:16

Didn’t realise Dorsett was out of Contract

Shame if so. Sounds like he has done well

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Apr 2022 18:47

Hound Didn’t realise Dorsett was out of Contract

Shame if so. Sounds like he has done well

Signed a new two year deal in 2020 which expires this summer. Getting some serious reviews on Rochdale’s messageboard

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Apr 2022 18:56

I don't know if people are taking it that if these players are out of contract they are definitely going to leave, I don't think that's the case, especially not with developing youngsters who will likely be on the lowest wages in our first team squad as well. I think it's a case of we will manage to tie 4/5 players down to new deals, not including youngsters. I think Rino, Holmes, Yiadom and Azeez will all sign new contracts.

I think Laurent, Nyland, Ince and Hoilett may all be persuaded to stay as well, depending on demands. That leaves Swift, Morrison, Halilovic, Barker, Thomas and Araruna who are all either likely, very likely or almost certain to leave.

Bristow may sign a new deal as well potentially, as may Dorsett and potentially others in the academy.

Back on to the injury point though, I'm glad the rumours seem to be Meite is coming back, although I don't know how much Ince will use him in the remaining 5 games, but we know he's a threat and even if he adds a couple of goal involvements in the last few games, that may be what keeps us up. Certainly the focus is on next season for him.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Apr 2022 21:08

UNtil we know which division we will be in next season then the question of contracts hardly arises. When we confirm we will be a Championship club we will know what our budget is and players will know what level they will be playing at.
While I’d be confident the clubhas discussed future plans with players actually signing contracts won’t happen for a few weeks yet....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Apr 2022 21:32

It’s not that I don’t think some of the ooc’s will re-sign, it’s just the fact we have so little control over it. Dorsett May end up staying but it’d have been nice if we knew we could keep him if we wanted, not just be throwing our hat into the ring with any other club who wants him

It may be that all the players we really want to stay and up going and the only ones we can persuade to stay are the dodgy ones we’d rather see the back of

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Apr 2022 21:36

Hound It’s not that I don’t think some of the ooc’s will re-sign, it’s just the fact we have so little control over it. Dorsett May end up staying but it’d have been nice if we knew we could keep him if we wanted, not just be throwing our hat into the ring with any other club who wants him

It may be that all the players we really want to stay and up going and the only ones we can persuade to stay are the dodgy ones we’d rather see the back of

We have also lost some good young defenders in recent years. Cooper, Stacey and Dickie would be worth a fair few million these days. Then there’s Omar.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Apr 2022 22:12

Hound It’s not that I don’t think some of the ooc’s will re-sign, it’s just the fact we have so little control over it. Dorsett May end up staying but it’d have been nice if we knew we could keep him if we wanted, not just be throwing our hat into the ring with any other club who wants him

Conversations will have been ongoing for weeks and those we want will know that if we stay up, we can offer you X. So I imagine for some it will be a fairly automatic process of, stay up sign deal.

Some others will just walk and there will be a couple where talks are still happening.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Apr 2022 08:28

Nameless UNtil we know which division we will be in next season then the question of contracts hardly arises. When we confirm we will be a Championship club we will know what our budget is and players will know what level they will be playing at.
While I’d be confident the clubhas discussed future plans with players actually signing contracts won’t happen for a few weeks yet....

CoughDanncough

We will be Championship next season by this point anyway.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Apr 2022 08:31

Stranded

Conversations will have been ongoing for weeks and those we want will know that if we stay up, we can offer you X. So I imagine for some it will be a fairly automatic process of, stay up sign deal.

Some others will just walk and there will be a couple where talks are still happening.

I would expect a fair few, at least of the more senior younger players like Rino & Holmes, will sit on their offer to see what else materialises, leaving us in nomansland for a goodly while.

It's basically in their interest to see if a better offer comes along, knowing they have us as a back up.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 14 Apr 2022 11:45

Scott Dann out for the season, lucky we`ve got him for an extra year. :D

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Apr 2022 11:46

Wow! Glad you told us windy, not like it is an ongoing discussion over the last 2 pages.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 14 Apr 2022 12:00

My bad, haven`t checked this thread in a while, very happy to keep you entertained.

948 posts