Injury watch 2021/22

948 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Injury watch 2021/22

by Zip » 22 Aug 2021 11:45

TMac joins a lengthening list of injury prone players.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 22 Aug 2021 13:08

Snowflake Royal
Notts Royal What I don’t understand is how, since Adkins came in, our injuries have become a lot worse than they used to be.

We used to be the fittest team before then.

Is it the type of players we’ve signed being injury-prone? Or yet more mismanagement?

I think its a combination of increased focus on passing and technique leaves less time for fitness training. Remember Rodgers dropping it massively and us looking shot after 65 minutes? Plus more intricate passing and technical players doing twists and turns, playing into trouble and inviting challenges puts more strain on the body in game. Plus the defence having to do endless last gasp lunges or blocks.

I don't think it's any coincidence that the defence looks more of a shambles when managers try to drill them to pass out. They should be focusing on minimising risk and training defending, not trying to convert centrebacks to playmakers and embracing risk.

Well yes quite…I thought the primary role of a defender was to keep minimise risk and clear it, not be the players expected to have a crisp passing game & take more touches than the midfielders.

Granted there are defenders out there who are very comfortable with the ball at their feet and good at defending. But Championship players don’t generally fall into that category

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Aug 2021 14:44

Tom McIntyre now out for a few months.

Fcuking hell.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 25 Aug 2021 14:58

NathStPaul Tom McIntyre now out for a few months.

Fcuking hell.

Christ alive this is starting to feel like the perfect fcuking storm. We need some good news for a change.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Aug 2021 14:59

blythspartan

Fcuking hell.

Christ alive this is starting to feel like the perfect fcuking storm. We need some good news for a change.

If we can get a LB in, the good news is that CB is one position where we actually have some cover with Holmes.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Aug 2021 15:03

Hendo
blythspartan

Fcuking hell.

If we can get a LB in, the good news is that CB is one position where we actually have some cover with Holmes.

That'll be Holmes screwed on Saturday then :lol:

Crazy how we are not just getting injuries but picking them up in matches leading to months on the sidelines rather than just the odd week.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Aug 2021 15:30

Yiadom and Swift both feel like ticking time bombs too. Really need some more bodies. At least we've got the international break coming up.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Aug 2021 16:28

This ends any possibility of selling Holmes. Sadly TMac is very much in the injury prone category. We really are having horrible luck with injuries. Three key players out with serious injury and we are only four League games in.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Aug 2021 16:36

Just horrendous luck really. Losing him, Joao and Meite for a massive chunk of the season is just not funny in our situation

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Aug 2021 17:18

Let’s have a sweep for who’s next

Swift - 2/1 on
Evens Yiadom
3/1 Moore/TDB
4/1 Morrison/Holmes
5/1 Ejaria

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 25 Aug 2021 17:40

It looks like we’re going to have to take it on the chin this season, especially with no new signings imminent.

I am looking forward to the next 2 home games after the international break and think even if we are playing rubbish we have to stick with the team and make some noise. I feel like we’re as good as relegated already and that’s pathetic after a handful of games.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 25 Aug 2021 17:45

Why the fukk is everyone surprised? it`s the way we have been for a number of years, I don't keep a count of other teams but our record for having key players missing must be right up there at the top of the table.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 25 Aug 2021 18:09

blythspartan It looks like we’re going to have to take it on the chin this season, especially with no new signings imminent.

I am looking forward to the next 2 home games after the international break and think even if we are playing rubbish we have to stick with the team and make some noise. I feel like we’re as good as relegated already and that’s pathetic after a handful of games.

Totally agree with this. Insane to say it...but I feel we are going down. And this is after just 4 games !!!
FFP and injuries will kill us this season. 21st......I would take that all day long. Sadly, I can't see it.
I have been to three of our 4 league games, and make no mistake we are going to be fighting for our lives to stay in this division.
And please.....NO-ONE say that going down would be ok :evil:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Aug 2021 18:18

windermereROYAL Why the fukk is everyone surprised? it`s the way we have been for a number of years, I don't keep a count of other teams but our record for having key players missing must be right up there at the top of the table.

Err who is surprised?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Aug 2021 18:34

Barney
blythspartan It looks like we’re going to have to take it on the chin this season, especially with no new signings imminent.

Totally agree with this. Insane to say it...but I feel we are going down. And this is after just 4 games !!!
FFP and injuries will kill us this season. 21st......I would take that all day long. Sadly, I can't see it.
I have been to three of our 4 league games, and make no mistake we are going to be fighting for our lives to stay in this division.

Wow. Defensively we've been BAD but I've seen us start the season worse.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 25 Aug 2021 19:53

Snowflake Royal
Barney

After 50 years of following this lot, I have obviously seen worst starts to a season. My point is, what with Meite/Joao/McIntyre...plus
FFP, plus we KNOW that a number of our current team can't manage 30 games a season, we are potentially in trouble.
Going down would be utter HELL.
Anyone who thinks ANYTHING else is deluded. I would dearly love to be wrong. But....expect a BRUTAL next eight months.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 26 Aug 2021 10:27

Barney
Snowflake Royal
Barney

After 50 years of following this lot, I have obviously seen worst starts to a season. My point is, what with Meite/Joao/McIntyre...plus
FFP, plus we KNOW that a number of our current team can't manage 30 games a season, we are potentially in trouble.
Going down would be utter HELL.
Anyone who thinks ANYTHING else is deluded. I would dearly love to be wrong. But....expect a BRUTAL next eight months.

Absolutely;it took a huge effort for us to reach this level and some supporters will drift away.Can you imagine 8000 in the SCL every game,bar the “derby” games.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 26 Aug 2021 10:29

Tom Mc needed to “beef up “physically pre season.This wasn’t done and here’s the result.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Aug 2021 10:32

Westwood52 Tom Mc needed to “beef up “physically pre season.This wasn’t done and here’s the result.

As per usual you are talking complete rubbish.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Aug 2021 12:04

NathStPaul
Westwood52 Tom Mc needed to “beef up “physically pre season.This wasn’t done and here’s the result.

As per usual you are talking complete rubbish.

Yep. Doesn't need to beef up.

Some of his injury problems do come from his full bloodied commitment to challenges tho. Not one to pull out or go in half hearted. More than once he's got the ball and left something on the player too. A few 'thunderous' challenges.

948 posts