Deadline day acquisitions

TiagoIlori

Re: Deadline day acquisitions

by TiagoIlori » 02 Sep 2021 22:13

Things got so bad in the end I genuinely started thinking that I’d take HRK. Mind you, I think we did well considering the circumstances. Drinkwater is the only one I’m really not sure on. Going off what he said to the Telegraph a year ago it sounds like he’s gone through a difficult time, mind I think he’d be very popular here if he simply worked hard no one can doubt his ability and he has a full pre season at Chelsea so unlike at Villa and Burnley he’s actually fit. Big if though.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 02 Sep 2021 22:26

Can we still loan out a player to a team in the National League? I just wondered if we could do this in order to bring in a striker. I am pretty sure the transfer window doesn’t affect non-league teams but I believe they have a registration date for the players who will play during the course of the season.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Sep 2021 10:47

blythspartan Can we still loan out a player to a team in the National League? I just wondered if we could do this in order to bring in a striker. I am pretty sure the transfer window doesn’t affect non-league teams but I believe they have a registration date for the players who will play during the course of the season.

Loans don't count - McNulty is classed as one of our players when it comes to the squad count.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 03 Sep 2021 11:42

There are a couple of interviews up on https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news which may indicate why we've brought in the players we have.

Drinkwater: I love helping people

Dann: I’m always trying to help others

Sounds like they were brought in as much for there experience and potential coaching ability as for playing in matches. (Fairly obvious I guess)

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Sep 2021 11:52

We needed Drinky, he is a fantastic signing. As is Dann - I just hope the manager has the minerals to drop Liam Moore otherwise I will start to join the Pauno out brigade.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 03 Sep 2021 11:59

Has anyone come up with songs for our new recruits?

You'd expect Dann and Drinkwater and possibly Hoilett to come with ready-made chants but what about the other three?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Sep 2021 12:06

morganb There are a couple of interviews up on https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news which may indicate why we've brought in the players we have.

Drinkwater: I love helping people

Dann: I’m always trying to help others

Sounds like they were brought in as much for there experience and potential coaching ability as for playing in matches. (Fairly obvious I guess)

You can’t read anything into interviews at new clubs. Pretty sure David Meyler said something along the lines of won’t stop running, will leave everything on the pitch etc etc and clearly that was a load of bollocks.

It’s all meaningless ear candy. Pretty sure on my CV I have big people person, despite the fact I think most people are utter pcunts.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Sep 2021 12:07

What do you think of Drinkwater?!
Piss!
What do you think of Junior Hoilett?
Toilet!
Pauno's signings will flush us down the league, flush us down the league. Flush us down the league, flush us down the league.

:wink:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Sep 2021 12:49

TiagoIlori Things got so bad in the end I genuinely started thinking that I’d take HRK. Mind you, I think we did well considering the circumstances. Drinkwater is the only one I’m really not sure on. Going off what he said to the Telegraph a year ago it sounds like he’s gone through a difficult time, mind I think he’d be very popular here if he simply worked hard no one can doubt his ability and he has a full pre season at Chelsea so unlike at Villa and Burnley he’s actually fit. Big if though.

Both him and Rahman played well in preseason from reports. So hopefully both fit and firing physically and mentally

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Sep 2021 14:01

Dann, Dann the defender man

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 05 Sep 2021 19:51

Hound
TiagoIlori Things got so bad in the end I genuinely started thinking that I’d take HRK. Mind you, I think we did well considering the circumstances. Drinkwater is the only one I’m really not sure on. Going off what he said to the Telegraph a year ago it sounds like he’s gone through a difficult time, mind I think he’d be very popular here if he simply worked hard no one can doubt his ability and he has a full pre season at Chelsea so unlike at Villa and Burnley he’s actually fit. Big if though.

Both him and Rahman played well in preseason from reports. So hopefully both fit and firing physically and mentally

Lacking match fitness though.