MATCHWATCH : Queens Park Rangers (h)

195 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: MATCHWATCH : Queens Park Rangers (h)

by Stranded » 09 Sep 2021 15:36

And we've not said no to the beamback but said, yes but you have to pay X which covers the cost of away hospitality - QPR clearly refused to meet that cost so can't have thought they had a chance of recouping that in sales for the beam back, or intended on letting people in free.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 Sep 2021 15:39

Lower West Will the new additions result in a change of formation. I suspect not. Saw Scott Marshall's influence at Swindon tonight. Attractive postive football that was a pleasure to watch. For a cobbled together group of players. Shows that doesn't need money to build a team.

Not sure it’s Scott Marshall’s influence based on how we looked under him…

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Sep 2021 17:03

SCIAG
Lower West Will the new additions result in a change of formation. I suspect not. Saw Scott Marshall's influence at Swindon tonight. Attractive postive football that was a pleasure to watch. For a cobbled together group of players. Shows that doesn't need money to build a team.

That’s harsh. He only had a few games before Jose arrived.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Sep 2021 17:08

Zip
SCIAG

And we went from marginally improving but shit to absolute horseshit.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Sep 2021 18:16

Snowflake Royal
Zip
SCIAG Not sure it’s Scott Marshall’s influence based on how we looked under him…

And we went from marginally improving but shit to absolute horseshit.

I think he had all of three games in charge and we lost them all but the performances were similar to what had come before. I certainly wouldn’t judge him on three games at a club that was in a deep rut.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 09 Sep 2021 20:56

leon I’ll be honest - we need to win and we need look more solid across the team.

No shit Sherlock! BTW do you mean to look?.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 09 Sep 2021 23:01

Hound Moore has been jetting all around whilst Morrison and Holmes will have had a chance to work with Dann for 2 weeks. I'll be pretty annoyed if Moore comes back in tbh

Ejaria should play if fully fit.

Reckon it'll be

Rafael
Yiadom MM Dann Baba
Laurent Drinkwater
Halilovic Swift Ejaria
Puscas

Hoilett, Southwood, Moore, Holmes, Rino, Clarke, TDB

which is actually pretty decent. We're a handy side honestly, just need to pull it together

Decent team. Although you would think at some point Pauno will consider putting Ejaria in his natural position (CM) which would allow him to put Hoillett on the wing.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 10 Sep 2021 08:34

The side will be:

Rafael
Yiadom Dann Moore Baba
Laurent Drinkwater
Halilovic Swift Hoilett
Puscas

Southwood, Moore, Holmes, Rino, TDB, Ejaria, Clarke

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Sep 2021 08:43

Southwood

Yiadom
Dann
Holmes
Baba Rahmen

Laurent
Rinomhota
Drinkwater

Swift
Ejaria
Halilovic

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Sep 2021 08:48

Royal_jimmy The side will be:

Rafael
Yiadom Dann Moore Baba
Laurent Drinkwater
Halilovic Swift Hoilett
Puscas

Has Liam got a bro playing for us?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Sep 2021 08:59

not been following closely but think Hoilett has had a number of internationals this week. Doubt he'll start

I'd like to see Dann/Holmes - could be a good pairing. Dann is a left footer isnt he?

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 10 Sep 2021 09:22

Zip
Royal_jimmy The side will be:

Rafael
Yiadom Dann Moore Baba
Laurent Drinkwater
Halilovic Swift Hoilett
Puscas

Has Liam got a bro playing for us?

:shock:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Sep 2021 09:28

Hound not been following closely but think Hoilett has had a number of internationals this week. Doubt he'll start

I'd like to see Dann/Holmes - could be a good pairing. Dann is a left footer isnt he?

Yeah Hoilett has played in all 3 games (started 2) for Canada including one in the early hours of Thursday UK time. He'll have likely only got back late yesterday or even this morning - bench at best or may even sit it out and come back into the squad on Tuesday night.

VP has said that the new signings will be involved, so think we can expect a mixture of some starting and others on the bench. The squad will look like this I think (based on who I think will play, not who should):

Rafael

Yiadom
Dann
Moore
Rahman

Drinkwater
Laurent

Halilovic
Swift
Ejaria

Puscas

Bench: Southwood, Morrison, Holmes, TDB, Rinohomota, Clarke, Hoilett (or one of Tetek/Bristow/Osario)

Dann is right-footed.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Sep 2021 09:32

Stranded
Hound not been following closely but think Hoilett has had a number of internationals this week. Doubt he'll start

Yeah Hoilett has played in all 3 games (started 2) for Canada including one in the early hours of Thursday UK time. He'll have likely only got back late yesterday or even this morning - bench at best or may even sit it out and come back into the squad on Tuesday night.

VP has said that the new signings will be involved, so think we can expect a mixture of some starting and others on the bench. The squad will look like this I think (based on who I think will play, not who should):

Rafael

Yiadom
Dann
Moore
Rahman

Drinkwater
Laurent

Halilovic
Swift
Ejaria

Puscas

Bench: Southwood, Morrison, Holmes, TDB, Rinohomota, Clarke, Hoilett (or one of Tetek/Bristow/Osario)

Dann is right-footed.

This is the team I would go with.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Sep 2021 09:38

same other than Moore. Think he'll be very lucky to keep his place and shouldn't do. Wouldn't be surprised if he does in saying that

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Sep 2021 09:42

Hound same other than Moore. Think he'll be very lucky to keep his place and shouldn't do. Wouldn't be surprised if he does in saying that

He's captain which makes me think he is likely to get one more chance with a different partner. If I was manager at the moment I would be tempted to go Dann/Holmes and also drop both Rino/Laurent and go with Drinkwater/TDB as the middle 2 - even if just to kick people up the backside but that is changing the whole spine of the team so think it unlikely, even if the argument can be made to do so.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Sep 2021 09:49

Stranded
Hound same other than Moore. Think he'll be very lucky to keep his place and shouldn't do. Wouldn't be surprised if he does in saying that

He's captain which makes me think he is likely to get one more chance with a different partner. If I was manager at the moment I would be tempted to go Dann/Holmes and also drop both Rino/Laurent and go with Drinkwater/TDB as the middle 2 - even if just to kick people up the backside but that is changing the whole spine of the team so think it unlikely, even if the argument can be made to do so.

Again agreed. The captaincy will probably save him. However I agree with Houndy and would like to see a Dann/Holmes partnership. It would certainly improve us in aerial battles and I would hope Dann would organise marking at set pieces which has been shambolic.

We may well have a starting line up without a former Academy player included. It’s been a while since that happened.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 10 Sep 2021 12:59

Barney
Winston Biscuit is this the biggest talking up of an away crowd since the halcyon days of the 01/02 season when Brighton claimed to be bringing somewhere north of 12,000, right up until they didn't.

Pray tell WB. Are the fakes suggesting they have bucket loads of fans who are purchasing tickets in the home ends ? Because they won't.

Well a mates brother has bought 3 tickets in the East Stand for him and his two QPR supporting sons, so I'd say they'll be a fair few around the ground

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Sep 2021 13:35

Rafael

Yiadom
Dann
Moore
Rahman

Laurent
Drinkwater

Swift
Ejaria
Halilovic

Puscas

Subs:

Southwood
Hoilett
Morrison
Holmes
Rinomhota
Clarke
Dele-Bashiru

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 10 Sep 2021 13:53

Dann is a righty, but has played most of his career on the left of a two, like Moore or Ingimarsson for example.

195 posts