Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Pauno in

by SouthDownsRoyal » 12 Jan 2022 09:10

Pauno in

A car leaving Reading

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 12 Jan 2022 09:21

I'm gonna buck the trend here and say that I don't much care for the fa cup (we're unlikely to get past round 5 anyway most seasons) and I was expecting to get pwned by Fulham anyway, so really, no harm done. Right guys? Guys?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Jan 2022 09:28

ILoveMoonPig I'm gonna buck the trend here and say that I don't much care for the fa cup (we're unlikely to get past round 5 anyway most seasons) and I was expecting to get pwned by Fulham anyway, so really, no harm done. Right guys? Guys?

Class, from a Funky Pigeon fan.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Jan 2022 18:11

PAUNO IN!

Great performance today! Could've won!

Ok taking the piss.. but seriously. If he's not going to be sacked after Harriers and Fulham and yet another 2 goals in the last few mins turning a victory into defeat he's clearly not going is he.

Just have to get behind him. I suppose.

Yeah sure could stage another Pants Day but would Dai even notice?

The king is still alive... long live the king. :|

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2022 18:17

Millsy PAUNO IN!

Ok taking the piss.. but seriously. If he's not going to be sacked after Harriers and Fulham and yet another 2 goals in the last few mins turning a victory into defeat he's clearly not going is he.

He’s too arrogant to learn. Needs to go ASAP

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 18:20

PAUNO INsane

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Jan 2022 18:22

Zip
Millsy PAUNO IN!

I agree now.

But what choice do we have?

If he's not going he's not going. You suggesting a Pants Day? Storm the pitch? Protests outside the SCL?

If we're seriously concerned about relegation with this guy in charge what are our options? I suggest we have to act NOW. No good just saying "he's crap, needs to go" knowing full well he won't be sacked.

If he "needs to go asap" then surely the only logical option is a huge mobilisation of Reading fans to demand he's sacked?

Or at the very least placed on garden leave as Leigertwood/ Fortune/ Gilkes/ takes over.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2022 18:24

Millsy
Zip
Millsy PAUNO IN!

I agree now.

If he's not going he's not going. You suggesting a Pants Day? Storm the pitch? Protests outside the SCL?

If we're seriously concerned about relegation with this guy in charge what are our options? I suggest we have to act NOW. No good just saying "he's crap, needs to go" knowing full well he won't be sacked.

If he "needs to go asap" then surely the only logical option is a huge mobilisation of Reading fans to demand he's sacked?

Or at the very least placed on garden leave as Leigertwood/ Fortune/ Gilkes/ takes over.

If he isn’t going we have to support him but the atmosphere is going to be very toxic if this continues.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2022 18:25

Zip
Millsy
Zip

I agree now.

If he isn’t going we have to support him but the atmosphere is going to be very toxic if this continues.

He'll go if we keep losing and the atmosphere turns toxic.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2022 18:36

One of the hallmarks of Pauno’s reign is that we so often concede twice in quick succession. I mentioned this last season. It has been happening too often this season too. He has to go.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2022 18:41

Zip One of the hallmarks of Pauno’s reign is that we so often concede twice in quick succession. I mentioned this last season. It has been happening too often this season too. He has to go.
yet he spoke all of the right things (about closing the game out, like our ‘experts’ here have heralded) on BBCB after the game…..worse still, if he knows that, why aren’t the players actually doing it?

Toxicity

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2022 19:41

AthleticoSpizz
Zip One of the hallmarks of Pauno’s reign is that we so often concede twice in quick succession. I mentioned this last season. It has been happening too often this season too. He has to go.
yet he spoke all of the right things (about closing the game out, like our ‘experts’ here have heralded) on BBCB after the game…..worse still, if he knows that, why aren’t the players actually doing it?

Toxicity

Because it's easy to list things they should be doing. But not easy to do it right, at the right time, or communicate that correctly to the players.

I mean we can all say what they should be doing, and none us should be anywhere near managing the club.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2022 19:49

Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz

Toxicity

Because it's easy to list things they should be doing. But not easy to do it right, at the right time, or communicate that correctly to the players.

I mean we can all say what they should be doing, and none us should be anywhere near managing the club.
therefore proving a lot of points there Ian

The question being (once again) why are the players not doing what they are told?

The cliche’d “lost the dressing room” to a few sh1t-stirring players?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Jan 2022 19:50

You can say shit on here, have a go, shit SHIT SHIT shit. :D

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2022 19:53

Would rather not Windermere, we have enough ‘shit’ attituded players spreading within the squad…you don’t need me adding to the detritus

:lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2022 22:26

AthleticoSpizz
Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz yet he spoke all of the right things (about closing the game out, like our ‘experts’ here have heralded) on BBCB after the game…..worse still, if he knows that, why aren’t the players actually doing it?

Toxicity

therefore proving a lot of points there Ian

The question being (once again) why are the players not doing what they are told?

The cliche’d “lost the dressing room” to a few sh1t-stirring players?

I didn’t say they weren't doing what they were told. I said he can say the right things, and still not be asking them to do them at the right times in the right ways, or not communicating it to them well enough.

It's pretty clear from the effort, organisation in the first half, and improved performance that he hasn't lost the dressing room. Yet.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2022 22:32

Amen to that

….so it’s the necessary ‘pick and mix’ players each week then? (imho)

Rejoice..no moore Liam

205 posts