Points Deduction Incoming!

776 posts
Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Points Deduction Incoming!

by Notts Royal » 02 Nov 2021 22:22

So the big question is…when’s the demonstration against the Dais? Absolutely disgraceful handling of the club from top to bottom.

Lots of anger against the EFL on Twitter, but we’ve really oxf*rd up & deserve punishment here

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 02 Nov 2021 22:26

You don’t bite the hand that feeds you, do you?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Nov 2021 22:28

Notts Royal So the big question is…when’s the demonstration against the Dais? Absolutely disgraceful handling of the club from top to bottom.

Lots of anger against the EFL on Twitter, but we’ve really oxf*rd up & deserve punishment here

Great idea, if they pull the plug the shit we are in now would be a minor hiccup.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 Nov 2021 22:30

Notts Royal So the big question is…when’s the demonstration against the Dais?

Pointless. Given their complete anonymity since they've taken over ownership of the club. Doubt they'll care either. Was all about personal ego and a desire to be one up on their Chinese billionaire chums who also own clubs. On Saturday we face Birmingham who also have camera shy owners. No longer in the same league as the oil rich Arabs.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 02 Nov 2021 22:35

Notts Royal So the big question is…when’s the demonstration against the Dais? Absolutely disgraceful handling of the club from top to bottom.

You want the most apathetic support in world football to rise up against the owners of the club? Good luck.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 02 Nov 2021 22:59

NathStPaul

You want the most apathetic support in world football to rise up against the owners of the club? Good luck.

Well that’s the problem isn’t it. Other clubs would be much quicker to make their feelings known.

Ours would prefer to blame the EFL for applying the rules. You couldn’t make it up

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Nov 2021 08:06

If this is true then Derby have to be docked another 9 points minimum too as they've not been punished for breaking the rules

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 03 Nov 2021 08:27

NathStPaul

STOP posting rubbish. You might be apathetic, but don't tar us all with the same brush.

And as for your stupid comment...have you ever been to Swindon, or Exeter, or MK Dons or Wimbledon or Shrewsbury or Mansfield etc.
Thought not :evil:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 03 Nov 2021 08:38

Barney
NathStPaul

STOP posting rubbish. You might be apathetic, but don't tar us all with the same brush.

And as for your stupid comment...have you ever been to Swindon, or Exeter, or MK Dons or Wimbledon or Shrewsbury or Mansfield etc.

Bore off thicko.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Nov 2021 13:40

blythspartan It will be a relief to finally know. Based on the last few games we look doomed with or without a points deduction.

Even if by some miracle we stay up we’ll be in an even worse position squad wise at the start of next season. Unless a points deduction wipes the slate clean?

1. It won’t. Reading will still be embargoed next season as the roll over of seasons continues.

2. In fact things could be worse next season as I believe the ground and hogwood sales are taken out of the computations? Not sure though whether that might mean another points deduction as the FL have supposedly been working with the club and can see where the accounts will be under these rules.

3. The positive notes I can think of are that a) 2023 should put Reading in the clear finally and hopefully with management on top of the “resourcing” game and b) just maybe accepting a 9 point deduction without argument may allow a little more flexibility in January from the FL (well you can hope).

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Nov 2021 15:16

Sutekh
blythspartan It will be a relief to finally know. Based on the last few games we look doomed with or without a points deduction.

Even if by some miracle we stay up we’ll be in an even worse position squad wise at the start of next season. Unless a points deduction wipes the slate clean?

1. It won’t. Reading will still be embargoed next season as the roll over of seasons continues.

2. In fact things could be worse next season as I believe the ground and hogwood sales are taken out of the computations? Not sure though whether that might mean another points deduction as the FL have supposedly been working with the club and can see where the accounts will be under these rules.

3. The positive notes I can think of are that a) 2023 should put Reading in the clear finally and hopefully with management on top of the “resourcing” game and b) just maybe accepting a 9 point deduction without argument may allow a little more flexibility in January from the FL (well you can hope).

2023 will finally see Liam Moore and his obscene salary off the accounts, that can only be a good thing.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 03 Nov 2021 17:32

NathStPaul
Barney
NathStPaul You want the most apathetic support in world football to rise up against the owners of the club? Good luck.

Bore off thicko.

Once again I can only extend my compliments to you on our extensive and excellent use of the English language. So the fact that I do not agree with you means that I am a "thicko". Not too sure how you draw to that conclusion, but clearly we can't all reach the levels of intelligence that you clearly are at. My apologies sir, I can only congratulate you (again) on your witty and structured comments and I of course apologise unreservedly for believing that I am allowed to have a difference of opinion from you. Suggest we draw a line under this witty banter and allow the good folks of Hobnob to discuss the subject for the purpose of which the thread was created.
Please do not reply to this.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 03 Nov 2021 18:31

Zip
TiagoIlori Courtney Friday is reporting it’s a full 9 points deduction with the potential for an extra 3 if things go tits up enough.

What does this mean. Why would a further three be deducted on top?

He didn’t say. I can only think it’s either they’ve agreed a business plan to follow that we must stick to or if it happens again we’ll get deducted the points.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 03 Nov 2021 19:48

windermereROYAL
Sutekh

2023 will finally see Liam Moore and his obscene salary off the accounts, that can only be a good thing.

Hear hear, the man is a mercenary leach on the club

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Nov 2021 20:23

Gunny Fishcake
windermereROYAL
Sutekh

You forgot to mention he is one of a very few members of the squad who is usually fit to play.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Nov 2021 22:40

Can we just get these bl00dy points deducted so we know where we stand?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Nov 2021 22:41

Zip
Gunny Fishcake
windermereROYAL

You forgot to mention he is one of a very few members of the squad who is usually fit to play.

True and he only accepted what he was offered as we all would.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Nov 2021 13:13

Zip
Gunny Fishcake
windermereROYAL

Which is a shame, because he's much shitter than the unfit ones

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Nov 2021 13:15

SouthDownsRoyal
Zip
Gunny Fishcake

True and he only accepted what he was offered as we all would.

Bollox. You think the club just offered him the wage without being told that's what it takes from his agent?

And for the record, no I wouldn't say yes to being offered twice the wage of colleagues doing the same job who are better than me.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 04 Nov 2021 13:20

I want Liam Moore gone as much as anyone but you sound unhinged, Ian.

776 posts