If focus your ire elsewhere tbh

Like where

What does ire mean

Anger

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h)

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jan 2022 22:25

Ascotexgunner In desperate hope, when is Meite back? If at all?
The only injection of life in the team I can think of?

Maybe, and it's a big maybe, next month.

But that would be the earliest. Could easily be March or at worst not this season.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Jan 2022 22:27

Simmops
leon
Simmops Absolutely needless abuse.

They have ripped the heart out of authenticity and atmosphere

Like where

What does ire mean

How about the individuals who are actually fcuking this club.

I’d start with the team, the manager and then work up.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 19 Jan 2022 22:28

Millsy
Simmops
Millsy If Club 1871 don't chant Pauno Out at the final whistle they can all f**k off plastic young gutless clueless prideless apathetic f**ks.

+1

They have ruined this club

I dunno, I quite like them and have applauded them many times. I don't think it's them per se. It's as Nath says, RFC fans these days are generally apathetic as f**k.

They're just a reflection of the rest of us.

The old guard like us who lead non-stop chants for 90mins on the Southbank and East Stand, invaded pitches, wore pants on our heads, chanted during games for managers to be sacked, are now tired professionals watching online after working our butts off moaning on a forum instead.

I think the apathy is a result of a series of poor ownership decisions.

Quite glad I’m exiled now, I’ve seen the best days. I move from apathy to anger, and back to apathy again.

But from the outside, something needs to be done, and protests can be the catalyst of change. It appears we just aren’t up for the fight

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Jan 2022 22:28

That video of Pauno saying the team is going to "go hard" is going to get memed to shit :lol:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Jan 2022 22:32

leon
Simmops
leon

Like where

What does ire mean

The fitness staff

What the oxf*rd do they actually do

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Jan 2022 22:32

Notts Royal
Millsy
Simmops +1

They have ruined this club

I dunno, I quite like them and have applauded them many times. I don't think it's them per se. It's as Nath says, RFC fans these days are generally apathetic as f**k.

They're just a reflection of the rest of us.

The old guard like us who lead non-stop chants for 90mins on the Southbank and East Stand, invaded pitches, wore pants on our heads, chanted during games for managers to be sacked, are now tired professionals watching online after working our butts off moaning on a forum instead.

I think the apathy is a result of a series of poor ownership decisions.

Quite glad I’m exiled now, I’ve seen the best days. I move from apathy to anger, and back to apathy again.

But from the outside, something needs to be done, and protests can be the catalyst of change. It appears we just aren’t up for the fight

Never angry

Just literally dissatisfied, disappointed, uncaring

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 19 Jan 2022 22:35

Relegation is now almost certain but back to our roots is nothing to fear.
So really looking forward to the mass exodus of the over-hyped overpaid foreign mercenary players, management, and hangers-on.
Also really excited and looking forward to life in Division 1 with all those super-local derbies ie Oxford, Portsmouth, MK Dons, Cheltenham, and hopefully Swindon.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 19 Jan 2022 22:36

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner In desperate hope, when is Meite back? If at all?
The only injection of life in the team I can think of?

Maybe, and it's a big maybe, next month.

But that would be the earliest. Could easily be March or at worst not this season.

Don't think he will play this season personally. It gets quieter and quieter on him.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Jan 2022 22:38

Simmops
leon
Simmops Like where

What does ire mean

The fitness staff

What the oxf*rd do they actually do

Agree

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 19 Jan 2022 22:46

That was a oxf*rd miserable 50 minute drive home. That was actually worse than the Fulham game for me. Absolutely nothing positive to say and I have never felt so despondent in over 50 years of supporting this club.

It doesn’t look like Pauno will be sacked this season so nothing will change as he is completely out of his depth. I can’t bring myself to go on Saturday and watch that shower of shit again.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 19 Jan 2022 22:49

I went to the game not expecting too much from our shambles of a club, and the team actually had a pair of centrebacks starting. Then we started ok and Luton looked like the league 1 team they are and I was hopeful of a 0-0. Then with their only attack an own goal out of the blue and that was game over, there was no reaction just resignation to losing the game and if there was a blessing it was that we kept it to 0-2, we never looked like scoring.

On a plus point it was good to see Morro back and Joao get a few minutes. Despite our shitness I have to think we have enough quality in the squad to stay up if only we can get that confidence back. But it's the hope that kills you.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 19 Jan 2022 22:51

I am dead inside

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Jan 2022 22:54

blythspartan That was a oxf*rd miserable 50 minute drive home. That was actually worse than the Fulham game for me. Absolutely nothing positive to say and I have never felt so despondent in over 50 years of supporting this club.

It doesn’t look like Pauno will be sacked this season so nothing will change as he is completely out of his depth. I can’t bring myself to go on Saturday and watch that shower of shit again.

I`m in the same boat, over 50 years, seen us in all tiers of the football league but I`ve never in all my time seen a more uncaring shower of shit pull on the famous hooped shirt.
I didn`t go tonight because I`m sick to the back teeth of it, just seen a picture of the stadium and it`s clear the fans are abandoning the club in their droves.
It`s very difficult not to be down.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 19 Jan 2022 23:04

Honestly can’t bring myself to go to another game this season if Pauno is still in charge. That was as bad as Fulham but Fulham had the players to punish us. We look a sure bet for relegation now.

So angry about this performance, we are making football look a lot harder than it should be.

What a waste of an evening.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Jan 2022 23:07

Should we really be surprised? 18 defeats in the last 28 home midweek games.
Oh for elm park again under the lights, those were the days.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 19 Jan 2022 23:09

Pauno has to do the honorable thing and stand down with immediate effect...he may not have lost the dressing room, but the team needs to hear a new voice, a new set of ideas and most of all, need a good kick up the arse!!!
Confidence is shot, i get it!!! but failure to give 100% is totally unacceptable....if you give 100% eventually you'll get a break, today was totally abject of any effort.
I dislike "Warnock" and want him nowhere near this club, however, do you really think this team would've played such an effortless game with him in charge?
We will go down if we stick with Pauno, mark my words!!!! :evil:

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 19 Jan 2022 23:19

NathStPaul Danny Drinkwater is going well under the blame radar. He's fcuking atrocious and doesn't give a single toss.

Him and swift have been awful since Christmas. They are the ones that are supposed to link up our attacking play buy all they are doing is slowing it down or going sideways. Both have no excuse as well paid fully grown adult professionals

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 19 Jan 2022 23:32

This is worrying. Not sure we actually have the quality to stay up, especially with all the injuries. I was wondering if we are all suffering from the endowment effect and did some mental thinking on the squad. When our best players are playing so poorly or out injured, it doesn't add-up to much quality.

Add to a dire on-pitch situation that there is some pretty clear evidence that there is dissention all over the place and that spells a disaster situation.

I know everyone got really tired of JM always saying "we have to cut our coat according to the cloth" but I'd give anything if he were still in charge vs. all of the foreign mess of ownership we've had in the last almost 10 years. Yes thank you Dai for the investment in Bearwood but you've got a string of really poor decisions starting with Ron Gourlay.

royalstevep68

by royalstevep68 » 19 Jan 2022 23:49

I couldn’t go tonight as have covid…on my birthday of all days. On a positive note, I didn’t watch this garbage. Glad to see Morrison back. I think over the next few games it will be good for us. I won’t obviously be at the Huddersfield game either.

We need to stop the silly mistakes though. Sounded like a poor first half, but it sounded like Luton were terrible and didn’t have one shot on goal in the first half.

We need to start winning games, even if it means ugly. I’d ditch puscas, guy is a waste of space and must be the clubs worst ever piece of trade. To be fair he is not a lone striker material. Maybe we should have 2 attackers.

438 posts