MATCHWATCH : Peterborough United (a)

643 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Peterborough United (a)

by windermereROYAL » 16 Feb 2022 22:53

Millsy
Jagermesiter1871
Zip Jnr saying Yids was fronting up to the fans tonight. A bit of humility wouldn’t go amiss from him and all the other players right now.

Don't know if this is lost in translation but he seems to be the only players whos spoken to the fans:

https://twitter.com/m1871e/status/1494070442113515521

1 min 30 in the video.

Oh my f**king days :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Good work protesting, I'm all for sustained toxicity and protest.

Well done Yids, what a ledge.

But WTF were they thinking shouting at poor old Drinkwater that he's a pcunt!!??? Poor chap, that is DIGSUSTING behaviour FFS, he's a young lad trying his best, just not quite up to it atm in this shit system. :x

Yes that was sickening, protest by all means but that was bang out of order.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 16 Feb 2022 22:58

Millsy

But WTF were they thinking shouting at poor old Drinkwater that he's a pcunt!!??? Poor chap, that is DIGSUSTING behaviour FFS, he's a young lad trying his best, just not quite up to it atm in this shit system. :x

On a £120k a week the guy doesn't give a ****. The modern breed of footballer arrogant, self centred and suffers from a superiority complex.

Finally the wheels are coming off the football industry....... Without fans there is no product to sell.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2022 22:59

Don't really approve, but I also can't really disagree or muster much of an issue with it.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 16 Feb 2022 23:01

What minute is the Drinkwater abuse?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Feb 2022 23:02

Did Yids say he couldn`t say what the issue is within the club?

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 16 Feb 2022 23:05

Who said Drinkwater gives his all? All he cares about is a good drink in the bars. He's living off of his Leicester reputation and now wasting his career away. He's been utter garbage for us and I'm yet to see him put 100% in in any game.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Feb 2022 23:08

Lower West
Millsy

On a £120k a week the guy doesn't give a ****. The modern breed of footballer arrogant, self centred and suffers from a superiority complex.

Finally the wheels are coming off the football industry....... Without fans there is no product to sell.

I was one of the earliest people here to knock him. Never been a fan, he's not up to it. But the poor lad is a human being, and a young chap, only 31! What's your evidence that he doesn't give a ****? That he's not brilliant? Being asked to play in front of the defence and make stupid passes when the opposition are pressing? No evidence he's arrogant, unless I'm missing something about his personal life? Did he swear at the fans or something? Every player except probably Meite was sub-par tonight.

Utterly disgusting. I'm truly shaken by the behaviour, just can't believe it.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Feb 2022 23:12

Jagermesiter1871 What minute is the Drinkwater abuse?

4:20+

Please don't tell me that's not f**king sickening.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Feb 2022 23:13

windermereROYAL Did Yids say he couldn`t say what the issue is within the club?

(I'm only going by the vid)

Can't really make out much but sounds like he's calmly saying they're trying as hard as they can, beign respectful. True legend.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Feb 2022 23:26

I get the feeling the majority of these players can`t wait till May and pursue careers elsewhere. leaving behind the wreckage of used to be a well run Reading football club.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 16 Feb 2022 23:37

Just home.

Second half I didn't think we were that bad, just couldn't score. Definitely a massive opportunity missed, at least we didn't concede

biff

by biff » 17 Feb 2022 00:19

Swift isnt missing headers and Drinkwater misplacing passes because of "the state of the club above them". Theyre just sh1t

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Feb 2022 00:22

Zip
CountryRoyal In the car. That was abysmal. Looked like a performance of a team trying to get their manager sacked tbf.

Good effort to get there. Safe journey home to Nam.

Just got in thanks mate. Journey wasn’t too bad, infinitely better than the football :lol:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Feb 2022 00:23

Look on the bright side, we stopped the run of defeats-but no doubt we will start a new on on Saturday, and the first shut out in 20 games.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 17 Feb 2022 00:43

windermereROYAL I get the feeling the majority of these players can`t wait till May and pursue careers elsewhere. leaving behind the wreckage of used to be a well run Reading football club.

And behaviour like that abuse just makes them feel this way even more

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 17 Feb 2022 00:48

windermereROYAL Look on the bright side, we stopped the run of defeats-but no doubt we will start a new on on Saturday, and the first shut out in 20 games.

They still managed nine shots on target. Would have been thumped by anyone else in this league.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 17 Feb 2022 06:27

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal As I said. Grow a pair. Call the owner. Resign and walk. No one can make you go to work.

Would you willingly give up around £100,000 though? Plus the backroom staff who no doubt are personal friends of his are left in the shit too.

You're right in theory but no manager is going to walk away from a huge sum of money in this day and age.

As I've said before. If I was that shit at my job and doing that badly, hell yes I'd walk and leave behind 5 months of wages.

My mental health and integrity is worth far more to me than that.

You're having a laugh if you think anyone is actually going yo sue you. What for? They've suffered no loss.

If you breach your contract they can take you to court for any costs incurred to them by you breaching your contract. So all the costs associated with finding your replacement. In football management I imagine such costs could be quite substantial.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 17 Feb 2022 06:43

St Pauli
Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul Would you willingly give up around £100,000 though? Plus the backroom staff who no doubt are personal friends of his are left in the shit too.

You're right in theory but no manager is going to walk away from a huge sum of money in this day and age.

As I've said before. If I was that shit at my job and doing that badly, hell yes I'd walk and leave behind 5 months of wages.

You're having a laugh if you think anyone is actually going yo sue you. What for? They've suffered no loss.

If you breach your contract they can take you to court for any costs incurred to them by you breaching your contract. So all the costs associated with finding your replacement. In football management I imagine such costs could be quite substantial.

Ian proving once again he's clueless about anything football related

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2022 07:21

St Pauli
Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul Would you willingly give up around £100,000 though? Plus the backroom staff who no doubt are personal friends of his are left in the shit too.

Never going to happen.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2022 08:09

Snowflake Royal
St Pauli
Snowflake Royal As I've said before. If I was that shit at my job and doing that badly, hell yes I'd walk and leave behind 5 months of wages.

Never going to happen.

Also, let's be clear here. Paunovic has ways out that avoid being sued and he wouldn’t lose any court case anyway.

He can easily point to his position being undermined by the actions of those above him prohibiting him from playing Moore, stripping him of the captaincy and shipping him out over Pauno's head. That club statement is pretty good public evidence of that and I believe he said he wanted to play him but wasn’t permitted.

There is no cost if Pauno just walks. He takes no salary. Recruitment cost is a red herring. You're just moving it forward a few months. He's certainly not staying beyond his contract.

And under the circumstances, if he is scared of being sued, which he shouldn't be, and doesn’t want to give up his salary, it's trivially simple for him to go to a GP and get signed off sick with stress and anxiety.

643 posts