MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h)

690 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h)

by CountryRoyal » 11 Jan 2022 22:13

blythspartan I watched us lose 7 - 1 at Chesterfield back in 1979 after we took the lead. I honestly never thought that I’d see us concede 7 goals again. oxf*rd off Pauno. Now a 40 mile drive back to Bassett.

We conceded 7 at home like 10 years ago, but in fairness it was the cup, it was Arsenal, and we also scored 5.

They also had 30 more minutes to do it.

Yeeeeahhhhh this is bad.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Jan 2022 22:14

Pauno out is a no brainer now. And I mean OUT not wait till his contract runs out. Not knee jerking or bedwetting to say that now clearly.

But Dais out? Now that is knee-jerking, sorry. Have they been shite and annoying in many ways, yes. But let's not lose our heads.

Dixie Norm

by Dixie Norm » 11 Jan 2022 22:14

I’d take Dave Bassett over pauno

I'd take Bertie Bassett over Pauno

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 11 Jan 2022 22:14

Notts Royal
SCIAG
Snowflake Royal They put the club in a worse state than anyone here. They can oxf*rd off.

The club is in almost exactly the same state it was in when they took over, and a much better state than it would be without them.

Sorry Ian but lately you’ve become more and more like Paul.

Absolute nonsense. We are in a terrible financial state, 200% of income spent on wages, a points deduction of our own doing. The Thais left us in a reasonable state if you check the history books, these mugs are well on their way to destroying their 3rd club.

I’m afraid you have your facts wrong! Staff costs have gone from £30m to £35m, not a huge change. Our big issue has been the end of parachute payments.

Of course we could have played entirely by the rules and soft Swift for £3m, not signed Joao, etc. Would we have stayed up this long though? Probably not. End of the day, I don’t think a points deduction is inherently “destroying the club” - seems like a good trade off for the points that breaking FFP has gained us over the years.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Jan 2022 22:15

Dixie Norm
I’d take Dave Bassett over pauno

I'd take Bertie Bassett over Pauno

I’d take Annie Bassett over Pauno

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 11 Jan 2022 22:15

Snowflake Royal
SCIAG
Notts Royal Pauno OUT.

Protest time lads…get it going.

Dais out…oxf*rd off out of our club before you completely destroy us

:lol:

The Dais have done more for this club than everyone in this thread put together. If you left, it would make no difference. If they left, the club would go to the wall.

Get a grip kids. Very poor game defensively but it’s not the end of the world. Our seven most senior defenders are all unavailable, leaving only Holmes, two midfielders and a 19 year old left back who isn’t up to this level.

Holmes and Laurent just haven’t been at all with it, but there are no alternatives.

I do think we could be being better managed, but let’s be reasonable about it rather than throwing tantrums. (And I don’t want to single you out here, Notts, because you’re not the only one, but the Dais aren’t one of the reasons we’re so far below our best right now).

They put the club in a worse state than anyone here. They can oxf*rd off.

That is a bit rich Ian you and your Ilk were the first to big him up after a few results went his way. You DTW and others said the same when the cheap foreign imports flooded the team, ex Rakkels "be afraid very afraid" Puscas a 20 goal man. Reap what you sow.
Let us get back to basics and our best ever years under British owners, management, and players.
Last edited by karbota on 11 Jan 2022 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Jan 2022 22:16

Definitely the worst 3 days supporting this club in my 32 years on this planet. It's quite something when you think about it

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 11 Jan 2022 22:17

Chairman Mao But we brought this on ourselves when we pushed madejski out of this club, begging for someone else to come in and spend money we never had.

Speak for yourself. I was happy with Madejski. But then I have no reason to be mad at the Dais either. Reading legends, the lot of them.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 11 Jan 2022 22:18

karbota
Snowflake Royal
SCIAG :lol:

The Dais have done more for this club than everyone in this thread put together. If you left, it would make no difference. If they left, the club would go to the wall.

Get a grip kids. Very poor game defensively but it’s not the end of the world. Our seven most senior defenders are all unavailable, leaving only Holmes, two midfielders and a 19 year old left back who isn’t up to this level.

Holmes and Laurent just haven’t been at all with it, but there are no alternatives.

I do think we could be being better managed, but let’s be reasonable about it rather than throwing tantrums. (And I don’t want to single you out here, Notts, because you’re not the only one, but the Dais aren’t one of the reasons we’re so far below our best right now).

They put the club in a worse state than anyone here. They can oxf*rd off.

That is a bit rich Ian you and your Ilk were the first to big him up after a few results went his way. You DTW and others said the same when the cheap foreign imports flooded the team, ex Rakkels "be afraid very afraid" Puscas a 20 goal man. Reap what you sow.
Let us get back to basics and our best ever years under British owners, management, and players.

Actually no Ian wasn't bigging him up. He said he would never ever watch another game of reading again.

We need an old school British manager like warnock yes please.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jan 2022 22:21

SCIAG
Notts Royal
SCIAG The club is in almost exactly the same state it was in when they took over, and a much better state than it would be without them.

Sorry Ian but lately you’ve become more and more like Paul.

Absolute nonsense. We are in a terrible financial state, 200% of income spent on wages, a points deduction of our own doing. The Thais left us in a reasonable state if you check the history books, these mugs are well on their way to destroying their 3rd club.

I’m afraid you have your facts wrong! Staff costs have gone from £30m to £35m, not a huge change. Our big issue has been the end of parachute payments.

Of course we could have played entirely by the rules and soft Swift for £3m, not signed Joao, etc. Would we have stayed up this long though? Probably not. End of the day, I don’t think a points deduction is inherently “destroying the club” - seems like a good trade off for the points that breaking FFP has gained us over the years.

If only someone could have forseen the end of the parachute payments during their regime and taken steps to do something to deal with that.

:| :| :| :| :| :|

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 11 Jan 2022 22:23

Chairman Mao Dais can do one

But we brought this on ourselves when we pushed madejski out of this club, begging for someone else to come in and spend money we never had.

And no one's coming to our rescue now, so they're going nowhere

Brendan, I am glad someone brought this up, the amount of calls for Mr mad to go on this board because he ran a tight ship back in the day.
None of them have the decency to say now they got it wrong calling for an ownership change.
Mr Mad, Squeaky, Nigel Howe you knew how to run a football club, Repect.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 11 Jan 2022 22:23

Snowflake Royal
SCIAG
Notts Royal

If only someone could have forseen the end of the parachute payments during their regime and taken steps to do something to deal with that.

:| :| :| :| :| :|

Yes, they sold to someone richer one game before the parachute payments were due to expire.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Jan 2022 22:24

genome Definitely the worst 3 days supporting this club in my 32 years on this planet. It's quite something when you think about it

Considering how shit we generally are, yes, it takes some doing.

I’d say I doubt we could ever be shitter, but if anyone can, we can.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Jan 2022 22:25

Did anyone listen to the post match interview?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Jan 2022 22:25

Any decent Polish men free to mentor and bring up a saviour for us?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Jan 2022 22:26

CountryRoyal Did anyone listen to the post match interview?

It's not on yet, 5mins away apparently.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 11 Jan 2022 22:26

Ady just said it will be in 5 mins

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 11 Jan 2022 22:27

Do you have a link to it? Did he say his goodbyes ?

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 11 Jan 2022 22:28

blythspartan I watched us lose 7 - 1 at Chesterfield back in 1979 after we took the lead. I honestly never thought that I’d see us concede 7 goals again. oxf*rd off Pauno. Now a 40 mile drive back to Bassett.

Mate. I took " the coach" to that. Don't know who you are...but fair play fella. We were there :D

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Jan 2022 22:29

Listening now just waiting. I hope the pcunt does the decent thing and resigns and doesn’t take a payout. Prick.

690 posts