MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h)

690 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h)

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2022 10:50

Short term signing in team doing badly syndrome.

See Ola John and Lucas Piazon etc.

Season gone bad, not here next year. Ride out the shit and go somewhere else because you're achieving nothing here.

Get a few results and performances together and he'll be absolutely fine again.

FYI, Hal tackles more than Swift, Azeez, Dann, Moore, Carroll or Puscas. Also intercepts more than Swift, Azeez, Hoilett...

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jan 2022 11:48

Snowflake Royal Short term signing in team doing badly syndrome.

Season gone bad, not here next year. Ride out the shit and go somewhere else because you're achieving nothing here.

FYI, Hal tackles more than Swift, Azeez, Dann, Moore, Carroll or Puscas. Also intercepts more than Swift, Azeez, Hoilett...

I find that last comment very hard to believe. He can’t tackle for toffee.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2022 11:50

Zip

Well its a stat based fact.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jan 2022 11:51

Snowflake Royal
Zip

I don’t care. He still can’t tackle properly.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2022 11:56

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

What you really mean is you got upset with him when he shirked some challenges in his first game back from injury and now you won’t let it go and don't care whether you're right or not. :lol:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jan 2022 12:02

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal Well its a stat based fact.

What you really mean is you got upset with him when he shirked some challenges in his first game back from injury and now you won’t let it go and don't care whether you're right or not. :lol:

Nope. I thought the defensive side of his game was poor from the start but was mildly encouraged by the attacking side of his game in the performance v Fulham.
He is a luxury we can Ill afford in a relegation battle.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 09 Jan 2022 12:50

Rino needs to play fullback on Tuesday.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Jan 2022 19:57

Royals and Racers Rino needs to play fullback on Tuesday.

Dread to think what comedy selection VP might dream up for this one.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jan 2022 20:05

Southwood
Tetek
Dann
Holmes
Bristow
Drinkwater
Laurent
Dele-Bashiru
Hoilett
Swift
Carroll

Rafael, Azeez, Stickland, Puscas, Clarke,
Rinomhota, Ashcroft

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jan 2022 20:20

Ian
Spizz
Leon
Zip
Frimmers
Brendy
Schards
RL
Wiz
Bobby Charltons Wheelchair
Suz up front.

Subs;
A statue
A cemetery
DD’s football boot
Green’s beer mat
Ian again…he can substitute himself off and back on again, he”s itk.

Manager:

Knuckles Brogue

“Spirit Tenacity Flair”

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 09 Jan 2022 20:41

Zip Southwood
Tetek
Dann
Holmes
Bristow
Drinkwater
Laurent
Dele-Bashiru
Hoilett
Swift
Carroll

Rinomhota, Ashcroft

That side looks depressingly weak

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jan 2022 20:44

Yeah, Zip out!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2022 21:55

Royal_jimmy
Zip Southwood
Tetek
Dann
Holmes
Bristow
Drinkwater
Laurent
Dele-Bashiru
Hoilett
Swift
Carroll

Rinomhota, Ashcroft

LOL, thats with 3 players back from injury.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jan 2022 22:06

Royal_jimmy
Zip Southwood
Tetek
Dann
Holmes
Bristow
Drinkwater
Laurent
Dele-Bashiru
Hoilett
Swift
Carroll

Rinomhota, Ashcroft

No Yiadom, Rahman, Joao, Meite, Morrison, Moore, TMac, Araruna, Halilovic, Ejaria etc etc. Maybe one or two will be back but I’m not optimistic.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Jan 2022 22:48

Zip Southwood
Tetek
Dann
Holmes
Bristow
Drinkwater
Laurent
Dele-Bashiru
Hoilett
Swift
Carroll

Rinomhota, Ashcroft

Think Tetek and (especially) Bristow would really struggle in a back four against Fulham so would push Laurent back as a third CB and use them as wingbacks just to reduce their defensive responsibility

Also getting a bit bored with cramming in so many CM's in the team - think it's a contributing factor as to why our style is so uninspiring so would start Azeez in place of TDB with him and Hoilett as the inside forwards up close to Carroll or Puscas/Clarke up top with Carroll with Hoilett playing off, with Swift and Drinkwater in behind

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Jan 2022 22:49

Can see this being a pretty heavy defeat.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 10 Jan 2022 02:19

CountryRoyal Can see this being a pretty heavy defeat.

Same was said about the reverse picture.

Although the miracle result seems even more unlikely now.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 10 Jan 2022 08:48

URZZZZ
Zip Southwood
Tetek
Dann
Holmes
Bristow
Drinkwater
Laurent
Dele-Bashiru
Hoilett
Swift
Carroll

Rinomhota, Ashcroft

Think Tetek and (especially) Bristow would really struggle in a back four against Fulham so would push Laurent back as a third CB and use them as wingbacks just to reduce their defensive responsibility

Also getting a bit bored with cramming in so many CM's in the team - think it's a contributing factor as to why our style is so uninspiring so would start Azeez in place of TDB with him and Hoilett as the inside forwards up close to Carroll or Puscas/Clarke up top with Carroll with Hoilett playing off, with Swift and Drinkwater in behind

Interesting take. Best defence is offence. The flanks cant be harmed if they are worried about being exposed at the back.
That would be a fine line to tread. As Fulham will probably not bother with that tactic and force Azeez / Hoilett to track back and isolate Carroll up top, which as we have seen for most of the season, we cant play a lone CF isolated by himself - we dont win 2nd balls.

I not too fussed about who starts + tactics, its a free hit, would kind of expect to struggle in this game even if we had won the last 2.
As long as we show some energy and fight.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jan 2022 08:54

Coppells Lost Coat
URZZZZ
Zip Southwood
Tetek
Dann
Holmes
Bristow
Drinkwater
Laurent
Dele-Bashiru
Hoilett
Swift
Carroll

Rinomhota, Ashcroft

Interesting take. Best defence is offence. The flanks cant be harmed if they are worried about being exposed at the back.
That would be a fine line to tread. As Fulham will probably not bother with that tactic and force Azeez / Hoilett to track back and isolate Carroll up top, which as we have seen for most of the season, we cant play a lone CF isolated by himself - we dont win 2nd balls.

I not too fussed about who starts + tactics, its a free hit, would kind of expect to struggle in this game even if we had won the last 2.

I quite like Urrzzz idea there, but suspect Zip's team is the way we'll go. And if we are sticking the formation thats probably the best selection.

I'd rather we had some sort of 4-4-2 and use Azeez or Puscas up alongside Carroll but can't see it happening. Pushing Laurent back into the back 3 is quite a nice option otherwise. Would really rather us stop trying to force everything through our defensive midfield area. Get it out wide.

Anyway, suspect we'll get smashed. Might be the end of Pauno.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 10 Jan 2022 09:11

Hound
Coppells Lost Coat
URZZZZ

I quite like Urrzzz idea there, but suspect Zip's team is the way we'll go. And if we are sticking the formation thats probably the best selection.

I'd rather we had some sort of 4-4-2 and use Azeez or Puscas up alongside Carroll but can't see it happening. Pushing Laurent back into the back 3 is quite a nice option otherwise. Would really rather us stop trying to force everything through our defensive midfield area. Get it out wide.

Anyway, suspect we'll get smashed. Might be the end of Pauno.

Oh I am not knocking it and dont get me wrong, I would much prefer the positive move of having an attacking line up and trying to pin them back. Having wingers on the pitch means there is always an out ball + means we can move the ball up the pitch at pace and purpose. It wouldn't work right now and we will revert to us pinging balls to Carroll who would look a lonely figure up top. With Azeez and Hoilett dragged out of position helping out the full backs.
I dont mind passing it out from the back but we just dont do it well at all and persevering with it harms the whole team. If we can cut that out I think we could be a much better team.

As it is such a free hit and expectation is at an all time low we might as well go down in a blaze of glory.

690 posts