MATCHWATCH : Kidderminster Harriers (a)

404 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Kidderminster Harriers (a)

by Sutekh » 07 Jan 2022 15:16

Hound probably worth seeing what the actual team is before roasting Pauno for selecting it

I read it as some rotation but a similar team to Derby

I think a strong team has to be fielded, naming a largely U23s team will spell trouble and do a complete disservice to all at the game. A bad result would also turn more against the management.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Jan 2022 16:09

Crowbar6753
Ascotexgunner
windermereROYAL Rotating the team when we are struggling to put 11 players on the park can only mean one thing, I`m fukking sick to the back teeth of managers treating our premier cup competition with distain.
Pauno has previous , he can just piss the fukk off if/when we lose and will be all over the back pages of the Sunday newspapers.

He said we weren't match ready or fit because of the break from games on BBCRB. If that's the case he can f*cking well field a strong team....there's no excuse.

Hi Ascot,
I'm sick of this "Not fit enough" to many injuries lark...I'm a 24yr Army Veteran and trust me when attached with the infantry we were doing fitness all the time, and I mean intense fitness!! I also played Saturday league amateur football as well as football during the week representing the Battalion, as well as two evening training sessions.
You know what, I don't think I never got any muscle related injuries ever!! sure i got some impact injuries, that's to be expected.
We also were pretty lucky and got some decent annual leave in as well, some times 2,3 maybe 4 weeks worth and we survived just fine and picked up where we left off fitness wise.
The German Bundesliga teams take a months Winter break, and you don't see them crying when they get back cos they're unfit!!
I'm sorry, these guys are supposed to be elite sportsman who have a team of staff around them keeping them in tip top condition!! yet they complain about two or three games a week!! and not being ready...if i was on their wages with all the playing bonuses they get you wouldn't be able to drag me off the pitch.
Sometimes when the going gets tough and results are going against you then fitness seems like an easy excuse!! and they seem to forget the opposing team are under the exact same situation....come on, suck it up buttercups, and Pauno, stop making excuses and pick a full team and give the FA Cup the respect it deserves!!!!!!!!!!!

With respect and in my opinion, none of your experiences you quote (despite undoubtedly being physically very demanding and tiring) compare to the life, demands and expectations of top professionals in any sport.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 07 Jan 2022 16:32

Must be expecting an upset- Football focus on the Beeb live from the Kidderminster ground.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 07 Jan 2022 16:37

IF it is the last official game we have Carroll (which I believe it will be as I don't think he will sign) then I would start him alongside Puscas, Carroll will help him build confidence playing alongside him. Team for me would be (if fit) -

Rafael
Araruna - Holmes - Moore - Bristow
Azeez - Laurent (thought he was awful vs Derby so needs to play again to step up) - Tetek - Camara
Puscas - Carroll

I'll be there, like most Reading fans I suspect, (aside from the clowns on Twitter) I'm mostly looking forward to the non-league away day magic of the cup experience rather than seeing our team play at present.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jan 2022 18:24

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Hendo
Whilst that may be the case, we were always very lacklustre in the cup under him and always got the impression that it didn't really mean anything to him.

I'm glad that Pauno has a first team squad to use for rota.... oh

Completely disagree on Coppell. His cup record was good.

P16 W4 D6 L6

Not that good.

How many of those draws went to wins? Taking the oppo into account it was fine. It shits all over P4, W1, L3 to not a single good XI.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 07 Jan 2022 18:52

Hurts to think what our injury list will be like after this one :lol:

Kidderminster will be well fired up. This has cup upset written all over it.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 07 Jan 2022 18:53

So when we talk about the club's poor attitude to the FA Cup....this is where we have reached recently....

20/21 3rd round
19/20 5th round
18/19 3rd round (Man ure)
17/18 4th round
16/17 3rd round (Man ure)
15/16 quarter-finals
14/15 semi-finals

Over the last 7 seasons, if we avoid those painful plastic devon-based mancs, it isn't too bad.

In the last 7 seasons we have reached the last 16 3 times, way way better than most non-Prem teams.

Please note my account will self-destruct at 16.50 tomorrow :D

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Jan 2022 19:43

AthleticoSpizz Citeh have about a dozen ‘first teams’
christ, they’ve even enlisted Jesus for this one

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Jan 2022 21:19

Well…this ‘shock-result’ is going as expected :roll:

‘The Day Went Well’

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 07 Jan 2022 22:24

Really looking forward to this one, have not been to a FA cup away day since V Oxford at the Kassam met up with Richie Bowans Quiff and Dodger on the shuttle bus from Redbridge, anybody know where they are these days?.
Concur with the comments essential to field the strongest possible team, if we lose Paunos a goner

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Jan 2022 08:34

Snowflake Royal
Hendo
Snowflake Royal Coppell always put out a team that could win and iirc we almost never lost to a lower place team under him.

He used first team squad rotation with some youth players, not an Academy side with little hope.

Whilst that may be the case, we were always very lacklustre in the cup under him and always got the impression that it didn't really mean anything to him.

I'm glad that Pauno has a first team squad to use for rota.... oh

Completely disagree on Coppell. His cup record was good.

Nonsense. How many FA Cups did we win under Coppell?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 08 Jan 2022 09:58

Defeat today and Pauno has to go

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Jan 2022 11:08

Oh hello Jimmy….starting early?

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 08 Jan 2022 11:26

We've never lost to a team in the FA Cup starting with the letter 'K'.

Our record is actually quite outstanding. Beating Kettering 4-2 in both 1960 and 1979. Surely that's a good sign :D :D

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Jan 2022 11:44

Royal_jimmy Defeat today and Pauno has to go

If you say it enouh times maybe somebody will take any notice of you.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 08 Jan 2022 12:06

Barney So when we talk about the club's poor attitude to the FA Cup....this is where we have reached recently....

20/21 3rd round
19/20 5th round
17/18 4th round
15/16 quarter-finals
14/15 semi-finals

Over the last 7 seasons, if we avoid those painful plastic devon-based mancs, it isn't too bad.

In the last 7 seasons we have reached the last 16 3 times, way way better than most non-Prem teams.

Don't forget that we have come in at the 3rd round stage in all of those seasons so overall our record is fair but not much better.

My son caught the 7-47 train from Bournemouth this morning and is flying the family flag today.
Whatever team we put out , unless it is overloaded with youngsters which would be crazy, I expect a win today.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 08 Jan 2022 12:11

South Coast Royal
Barney So when we talk about the club's poor attitude to the FA Cup....this is where we have reached recently....

20/21 3rd round
19/20 5th round
17/18 4th round
15/16 quarter-finals
14/15 semi-finals

Don't forget that we have come in at the 3rd round stage in all of those seasons so overall our record is fair but not much better.

My son caught the 7-47 train from Bournemouth this morning and is flying the family flag today.
Whatever team we put out , unless it is overloaded with youngsters which would be crazy, I expect a win today.

You are of course correct SCR. Blimey...I can recall MANY seasons when just REACHING the third round was regarded as a success.
Fair play to your lad....hope he has a great day :D

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 08 Jan 2022 12:14

Barney
South Coast Royal

20/21 3rd round
19/20 5th round
17/18 4th round
15/16 quarter-finals
14/15 semi-finals

You are of course correct SCR. Blimey...I can recall MANY seasons when just REACHING the third round was regarded as a success.

Same here but how great it was to play Sheffield Wednesday, Arsenal , Man City and so on.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jan 2022 12:22

Barney We've never lost to a team in the FA Cup starting with the letter 'K'.

Our record is actually quite outstanding. Beating Kettering 4-2 in both 1960 and 1979. Surely that's a good sign :D :D

Great fact!

For the record Kidderminster, Kettering and Kings Lynn are the only English teams beginning with K that have ever been of any note and 2 of them have never been in the FL while Kidderminster managed just 5 seasons of struggle in Division 4 between 2000 and 2005. Still perhaps get a 4-2 win today and get Kings Lynn in the cup next year.

Incidentally the 1979 game v Kettering was my first FA Cup game, can’t remember much about the game now but can recall Mike Kearney being on the scoresheet and think Ollie Kearns got one, all in all real “K“ of day!
Last edited by Sutekh on 08 Jan 2022 12:24, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 08 Jan 2022 12:22

South Coast Royal
Barney
South Coast Royal

Same here but how great it was to play Sheffield Wednesday, Arsenal , Man City and so on.

Barry Wagstaff chipping Bob Wilson who obviously didn't expect it and thought Wagstaff was a lower division clogger who would just smash the ball as hard as he could.

404 posts