45%
Out
55%

Total votes: 76
Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Pauno in or out poll mk2

by Brogue » 03 Jan 2022 17:05

Well? Are you in the pauno in or out camp? Vote now.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Pauno in or out poll mk2

by CountryRoyal » 03 Jan 2022 17:12

OUT OUT OUT, it’s always been out it will always be out. Not only should he oxf*rd off he should choose another career because he’s not cut out for this.

He’s massively ridden his luck, no clue how he still has a job tbh.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Jan 2022 17:13

Sack him he isnt up to it here

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Jan 2022 17:16

Past caring. The manager alone cannot take all the flak. The root of the problem lies within the club itself.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 03 Jan 2022 17:18

I’m struggling to work out whether it’s the sitting back or simply the incompetence of the players

Had they been able to do even the basics to keep the ball for a few minutes in the second half it would have made the sitting back seem less important

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 03 Jan 2022 17:20

Sadly, I think he has to go. I would prefer stability, but we simply have to stay up.

Get rid tomorrow, and bring someone in who MAY keep us up.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 03 Jan 2022 17:22

Barney Sadly, I think he has to go. I would prefer stability, but we simply have to stay up.

Trouble is, how do we afford to do it in the current financial circumstances.
If we get rid, with the consequential payoff and new manager costs, does that compromise the agreed plan with the EFL ? If so, we’re down anyway

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 03 Jan 2022 17:25

Out.

However, he won't be sacked when he has 6 months left on his contract.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 03 Jan 2022 17:33

Boring

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Jan 2022 17:37

Franchise FC
Barney Sadly, I think he has to go. I would prefer stability, but we simply have to stay up.

If we get rid, with the consequential payoff and new manager costs, does that compromise the agreed plan with the EFL ? If so, we’re down anyway

A decent manager is more likely to keep us up than any one player.

Sell a couple (Swift for starters) and that should balance the books enough to enable us to sack the manager, pay him off and bring someone in who has a clue about coaching a football team capable of standing up to a bit of pressure. If the players are mentally weak (this lot certainly are) then that is down to the manager.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 03 Jan 2022 17:45

I've just completely lost patience with a manager who sends a team out to try to sit on a lead for an entire half at home, when it's a gameplan we've shown more than once this season we just can't cope with. Utter madness.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Jan 2022 17:45

Yeah, like decent managers are queueing up to join a struggling champ club with the restrictions we have.

I'll tell you what will happen: we'll get some no-name nobody, or name with a mediocre past, bedwetters with rejoice for 5mins before going for the incontinence pads again as he'll do shit and we'll go down.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 03 Jan 2022 17:48

Millsy Yeah, like decent managers are queueing up to join a struggling champ club with the restrictions we have.

I'll tell you what will happen: we'll get some no-name nobody, or name with a mediocre past, bedwetters with rejoice for 5mins before going for the incontinence pads again as he'll do shit and we'll go down.

So basically we'll get another Paunovic?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 03 Jan 2022 17:49

Millsy Yeah, like decent managers are queueing up to join a struggling champ club with the restrictions we have.

Agree, and that is the worry. However we can’t continue like this can we. When do we say enough is enough. The question is, do we think he can turn it round? If the answer is no then we might as well act now. The alternative is we go down and then we are looking for a manager whilst in league one further reducing the pool of managers wanting to come here.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jan 2022 17:52

In by default.

He's likely to go end of season anyway. It's not like we'll do a good job of replacing him anyway, especially mid-season.

Not exactly a fan of his and I'm passed caring if he does go.

But this seems rather pathetically kneejerk and axe grindy after 3 weeks without a game.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jan 2022 17:57

Brogue

Agree, and that is the worry. However we can’t continue like this can we. When do we say enough is enough. The question is, do we think he can turn it round? If the answer is no then we might as well act now. The alternative is we go down and then we are looking for a manager whilst in league one further reducing the pool of managers wanting to come here.

If we go down we expand the pool of managers available, because we go from needing someone with good Championship experience who can get a mid-size fish with problems in a big pool going well, to anyone up and coming in the lower leagues or with Champ experience who fancies a rebuild and step forward with a big fish in a medium pond.

We're already not attractive to quality Championship managers.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Jan 2022 18:03

Brogue

I see your point, very reasonable, and it's the crucial question isn't it - roll the dice, or can Pauno cling on with survival.

Currently, I'm thinking the term "turn it around" sort of suggests we've been ridiculously bad thanks to an inept manager plunging us into relegation and someone needs to do something drastic to turn that around completely. The truth is we've had crippling restrictions, player losses, awful injuries, difficult circumstances, unlucky keeper errors and a points reduction that dropped us from midtable to lower midtable and have slipped up thanks to some very tight margin results. Today would be a win was it not for another keeper error. I'm not sure it's a case of saving a sinking ship, but more a case of just battling on without rocking it too much.

I'm going to give it some thought when my knee-jerk disappointment dies down later though. Truly, don't know right now, I'm mindful that I'm upset about the result.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Jan 2022 18:03

Snowflake Royal In by default.

He's likely to go end of season anyway. It's not like we'll do a good job of replacing him anyway, especially mid-season.

But this seems rather pathetically kneejerk and axe grindy after 3 weeks without a game.

You've changed your mind Ian. A month ago you were licking his boots and would rather we went down to league one than sack him

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jan 2022 18:06

Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal In by default.

You've changed your mind Ian. A month ago you were licking his boots and would rather we went down to league one than sack him

I know you struggle with Reading comprehension, but that's an impressive amount of being wrong.

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 03 Jan 2022 18:18

Royal Rother
Franchise FC

A decent manager is more likely to keep us up than any one player.

Sell a couple (Swift for starters) and that should balance the books enough to enable us to sack the manager, pay him off and bring someone in who has a clue about coaching a football team capable of standing up to a bit of pressure. If the players are mentally weak (this lot certainly are) then that is down to the manager.

Think it's much more about player recruitment than manager ability (assuming some level of competency)

124 posts