BFTG - Kidderminster (A)

156 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Kidderminster (A)

by Hound » 09 Jan 2022 12:37

Jagermesiter1871
Hound It’s not knee jerk. It’s 12 months of poor performances in reality, topped off with this shocker of a result

At some point I think the management and coaching need to take some responsibility for the injuries. It’s not just bad luck

In terms of team selection - 100% needed some sort of insurance on the bench - not just swapping fringe first Teamers for first teamers

Yeh tbf Pauno has spent millions, doesn't have any injuries and there are no off the field issues. :roll:

To your last point; what like Laurent, Clarke and Rino?

Or how about if the team that's selected aren't good enough to beat a non league side then forget about it. Concentrate on the league. Who gives a shit

I didn’t say he did spend millions. And calling anyone who has had enough of him ‘morons’ isn’t clever either

Could easily have put Dann, Swift, Carroll and Hoilett on the bench along with Laurent and co. And brought them on for the kids not instead of Holmes/Tetek and Drinkwater. Keep them on the bench if we’re coasting

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2022 12:38

Zip
Royal_jimmy Pauno really fukked me off when he said players aren't fully fit. Well Kidderminster hadn't played in over 3 weeks too. And they were fitter than us.

He thinks we are mugs. Lots of clubs have had games off recently. Stop making excuses and fall on your sword! Or its going to get toxic very quickly if we keep losing games.

Yep there is a lot wrong at the club both on and off the field. Spizzy has alluded to the issues off the field and we know about the financial mess we are in. The lack of player fitness has been there for much of the season. Our second half capitulations are a regular occurrence and do not bode well for how this season will pan out.

What are these off the field issues?

I don’t think you can blame something as ambiguous as that

Don’t think we can blame any financial mess either really. We’re not in a mess, we broke the rules, been punished and have to play ball with a wage bill which I imagine is still larger than half the division next year. And then it’s a clean slate with a wealthy owner

We’ve a big squad with some quality players in there. The injuries are obviously horrific though

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 Jan 2022 12:44

Snowflake Royal
tmesis
South Coast Royal Talk at the local shop just now was all about the job that Eddie Howe is doing at Newcastle, playing their first team and losing at home to a team not far off non-league.

Cambridge are mid-table in League One, which is a fair way off non-league.

One big difference, from seeing the highlights, is that their game is one of those that they really ought to have won, given the chances that had, while Cambridge scrambled in the only decent chance they had in the match. Very much a "that's football, these things happen" kind of game.

Our game wasn't like that. Kidderminster completely deserved the win. The only thing we did better was being a bit tippy-tappy in the middle of the pitch.

You can't really blame the club for the tickets being full price, and I don't thik refunding tickets would placate many anyway. What annoyed me more was that it didn't look like we were set up to win the tie. It looked like we just filled the shirts with the weakest team we thought we could get away with, with no thought to how disjointed such a team would be. I'm probably wrong about that, but that's how it looked, as if we completely underestimated Kidderminster. We either thought it would be easy, or just didn't care.

My money is both. Pauno couldn’t give two shits about cups.

What finished him for me was his dismissal of the FA Cup as a "pretty competition" yesterday in the BBCRB interview.
Seriously, if he treats our football and heritage so shabbily and doesn't understand the fans there's clearly a problem.
He will be in charge for the Fulham game but I seem to remember the last time a manager was under pressure was indeed against Fulham and we were humiliated at home. So could be a repeat and looking for a new manager Wednesday.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2022 12:46

Might explain our league performance too.

Can't win that, no point trying.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 09 Jan 2022 12:47

Jagermesiter1871 Does no one else think this is all a bit knee jerk?

When Pauno was appointed it seemed a bizarre choice and if I'm honest he has performed better than I expected and certainly lasted longer. There are huge parts of his management that are questionable but given the club's circumstances I honestly don't know what your expectations were for this season. No money, no signings, points dedication and an insane number of injuries. I honestly don't think many if any managers would be doing much better and certainly not one at this stage of his career.
Yesterday seemed to further embolden those who think he needs to go but the reality is it was a meaningless cup tie, with a 2nd string team against a lower league team away from home. It happens. For me the Derby game was far more disappointing and even then we drew. Puscas scored yesterday so that was a huge positive for me. Roll on Tuesday. We get a result then and all you pauno out mongs will crawl back into your holes.

There're only so many straws before the camels back breaks, and yesterday was that final straw for many fans.....it most certainly was not a meaningless cup tie.....it was the FA Cup 3rd round , the greatest cup competition in the world steeped in history , and the 1400 following fans who travelled yesterday, rightly expected a better show and fight from our team . A great FA cup run can be the things that are remembered for lifetimes for a club like us , ask Wigan fans who won the FA Cup in 2013 if it was meaningless

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 Jan 2022 12:50

Hound
Jagermesiter1871
Hound It’s not knee jerk. It’s 12 months of poor performances in reality, topped off with this shocker of a result

At some point I think the management and coaching need to take some responsibility for the injuries. It’s not just bad luck

In terms of team selection - 100% needed some sort of insurance on the bench - not just swapping fringe first Teamers for first teamers

Yeh tbf Pauno has spent millions, doesn't have any injuries and there are no off the field issues. :roll:

To your last point; what like Laurent, Clarke and Rino?

Or how about if the team that's selected aren't good enough to beat a non league side then forget about it. Concentrate on the league. Who gives a shit

I didn’t say he did spend millions. And calling anyone who has had enough of him ‘morons’ isn’t clever either

Could easily have put Dann, Swift, Carroll and Hoilett on the bench along with Laurent and co. And brought them on for the kids not instead of Holmes/Tetek and Drinkwater. Keep them on the bench if we’re coasting

Why though? Id rather we just sacked it off and saved those players for the league. rather that than risk one of them picking up an injury, which they're all more than capable of, to fight to stay in a fairly meaningless cup competition.

O and I didn't call anyone a moron.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2022 12:56

Funnily enough, it's not meaningless to the 1400 who went or most of the rest of us. Our 'recent' FA Cup QFs and SFs are the best thing we've experienced since McDermott got us promoted to the PL.

We just got out played by a tier 6 side.

We've been shit again for almost a year.

This has been building for about 9 months. There’s absolutely nothing kneejerk about it.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jan 2022 12:57

Hound
Zip
Royal_jimmy Pauno really fukked me off when he said players aren't fully fit. Well Kidderminster hadn't played in over 3 weeks too. And they were fitter than us.

He thinks we are mugs. Lots of clubs have had games off recently. Stop making excuses and fall on your sword! Or its going to get toxic very quickly if we keep losing games.

Yep there is a lot wrong at the club both on and off the field. Spizzy has alluded to the issues off the field and we know about the financial mess we are in. The lack of player fitness has been there for much of the season. Our second half capitulations are a regular occurrence and do not bode well for how this season will pan out.

Don’t think we can blame any financial mess either really. We’re not in a mess, we broke the rules, been punished and have to play ball with a wage bill which I imagine is still larger than half the division next year. And then it’s a clean slate with a wealthy owner

We’ve a big squad with some quality players in there. The injuries are obviously horrific though

Might be best for you to PM Spizzy regarding the off field stuff.
I’m not going to go all Ian on you but have to disagree. We are on a right mess in so many ways. We are beholden on Dai Yongge and incredibly vulnerable should he decide to walk away.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2022 12:59

Please god let him walk away

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 09 Jan 2022 13:00

Snowflake Royal Funnily enough, it's not meaningless to the 1400 who went or most of the rest of us. Our 'recent' FA Cup QFs and SFs are the best thing we've experienced since McDermott got us promoted to the PL.

This has been building for about 9 months. There’s absolutely nothing kneejerk about it.

Hear hear

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 Jan 2022 13:02

Gunny Fishcake
Jagermesiter1871 Does no one else think this is all a bit knee jerk?

When Pauno was appointed it seemed a bizarre choice and if I'm honest he has performed better than I expected and certainly lasted longer. There are huge parts of his management that are questionable but given the club's circumstances I honestly don't know what your expectations were for this season. No money, no signings, points dedication and an insane number of injuries. I honestly don't think many if any managers would be doing much better and certainly not one at this stage of his career.
Yesterday seemed to further embolden those who think he needs to go but the reality is it was a meaningless cup tie, with a 2nd string team against a lower league team away from home. It happens. For me the Derby game was far more disappointing and even then we drew. Puscas scored yesterday so that was a huge positive for me. Roll on Tuesday. We get a result then and all you pauno out mongs will crawl back into your holes.

There're only so many straws before the camels back breaks, and yesterday was that final straw for many fans.....it most certainly was not a meaningless cup tie.....it was the FA Cup 3rd round , the greatest cup competition in the world steeped in history , and the 1400 following fans who travelled yesterday, rightly expected a better show and fight from our team . A great FA cup run can be the things that are remembered for lifetimes for a club like us , ask Wigan fans who won the FA Cup in 2013 if it was meaningless

It is meaningless. If we won the league and got knocked out at this stage none of you would even think about it at the end of the season. It's a nice to have.

And the camels back comment. We're in a mess. We have been for years. Just because you had some misguided expectation that we would be making the PO's and fielding a full strength team in the 3rd round of the FA cup, despite having more than 10 players out for most the season, relying on 8000 a week loan signings and having points deducted.

Yes we should have won yesterday. The XI played yesterday should have. They should have without even needing instruction from Pauno. But football isn't that simple and we're not the first team to be embarrassed in this manner.
Last edited by Jagermesiter1871 on 09 Jan 2022 13:03, edited 1 time in total.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 Jan 2022 13:03

Hound
Zip

:lol: Is this satire?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 09 Jan 2022 13:03

Snowflake Royal Please god let him walk away

And go into administration or worse liquidation?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2022 13:05

Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal Please god let him walk away

And go into administration or worse liquidation?

Hopefully not.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2022 13:12

Zip
Hound
Zip

Might be best for you to PM Spizzy regarding the off field stuff.
I’m not going to go all Ian on you but have to disagree. We are on a right mess in so many ways. We are beholden on Dai Yongge and incredibly vulnerable should he decide to walk away.

Isn’t that true of about 50% of clubs in the EFL?

I think all the ‘mess’ stuff is overdone. We’ve a decent stadium, new training ground, functioning academy. An owner willing to invest. A lot of clubs would kill for that position

Obvs there are plenty of things that aren’t so good but think a lot of the doom is hyperbole

Get a team playing reasonably well and most things are rosy
Last edited by Hound on 09 Jan 2022 13:17, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2022 13:14

Jagermesiter1871 Imagine if we'd played say Swift and he'd have got injured. You'd have the same morons lynching pauno.
Last edited by Hound on 09 Jan 2022 13:17, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2022 13:15

Snowflake Royal Funnily enough, it's not meaningless to the 1400 who went or most of the rest of us. Our 'recent' FA Cup QFs and SFs are the best thing we've experienced since McDermott got us promoted to the PL.

Yep

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 09 Jan 2022 13:24

When Brian McDermott was manager he always put out a strong side in the FA Cup. From the moment we beat Liverpool at Anfield our whole season turned around and we nearly made the playoffs,As well as reaching the FA Cup quarter-finals. The following season he did the same thing and they went hand-in-hand with a run to the quarter-finals. And eventually losing the playoff final at Wembley. It just goes to show that winning becomes a habit and the cup form can help the league form as well. A humiliating defeat like yesterday surely has the opposite effect, A massive embarrassment for everyone associated with the club.

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 09 Jan 2022 14:04

Jackson Corner When Brian McDermott was manager he always put out a strong side in the FA Cup. From the moment we beat Liverpool at Anfield our whole season turned around and we nearly made the playoffs,As well as reaching the FA Cup quarter-finals. The following season he did the same thing and they went hand-in-hand with a run to the quarter-finals. And eventually losing the playoff final at Wembley. It just goes to show that winning becomes a habit and the cup form can help the league form as well. A humiliating defeat like yesterday surely has the opposite effect, A massive embarrassment for everyone associated with the club.

Quite right i hate it when we play a weaken side in the FA cup it creates such a negative attitude ,i didnt like it when we had our best side under Sir Steve who knows we could have won it that year.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Jan 2022 14:12

It wouldn't have been so bad if it was a smash and grab by the plucky underdogs, a la Cambridge at Newcastle. But we were completely outplayed. May have been a weak team, but we still started with England, Brazil, Croatia and Romania internationals! It's unreal just how bad we were.

156 posts