578 posts
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Liam moore

by Lower West » 16 Jan 2022 11:10

Stranded
OLLIE KEARNS Does anyone know

1. Do Reading F.C have an HR department and internal code I’d conduct ?
2. Can public statements about current / ongoing employees such as this one be made under employment law without consequences ?

My knowledge in this field is limited but I wonder if this leaves the club open to things like constructive dismissal, breach of contract etc, etc ? In which case the club may have to pay compensation (pay up the contract ?) and also lose an asset (potential transfer fee) for nothing.
I am struggling to understand the logic / wisdom behind making this public statement regardless of what is happening behind the scenes. Surely this is an internal HR/code of conduct/legal issue to be managed in house ? Or, if there is genuine reason would you not dismiss the employee first and then make a public statement if applicable ?

Club need to announce if the captaincy has been removed don't they?

Doesn't require a statement of the nature that was issued. In essence a personal attack on Moore's integrity as an individual.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 11:11

Millsy Hypothetical situation...

Pauno: I want you to defend like total bellends. And play even though our medics have said you mustn't.

Moore: My team has suffered all season with your crap. We're all being made to look shit. We'll lose if we follow your plan. And I'm NOT going to risk my health and career for you again. You keep making us do this.

Pauno: I don't care. This is my team you do as I say. Play like a bellend. Risk your injury. You're being paid enough.

I read an article the other day from Chicago fans bitterly attacking Pauno for his way with players.

Obviously we don't know the details but it's not too hard to imagine situations that may make us more sympathetic to Moore's side.

No. Moore is a half-arsed disgrace of a player and captain. I have zero sympathy with him whatever the story is.

Criticism of the club's handling of this doesn't mean you have to have any sympathy with Moore.

download

by download » 16 Jan 2022 11:13

Well now we know that the disappointing results and performances are not simply down to a bit of bad luck. There are clearly a number of issues going on at the club regardless of who is responsible.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Jan 2022 11:17

Snowflake Royal

Pauno: I want you to defend like total bellends. And play even though our medics have said you mustn't.

Moore: My team has suffered all season with your crap. We're all being made to look shit. We'll lose if we follow your plan. And I'm NOT going to risk my health and career for you again. You keep making us do this.

Pauno: I don't care. This is my team you do as I say. Play like a bellend. Risk your injury. You're being paid enough.

I read an article the other day from Chicago fans bitterly attacking Pauno for his way with players.

Obviously we don't know the details but it's not too hard to imagine situations that may make us more sympathetic to Moore's side.

No. Moore is a half-arsed disgrace of a player and captain. I have zero sympathy with him whatever the story is.

Criticism of the club's handling of this doesn't mean you have to have any sympathy with Moore.

Agree with the club’s awful handling.

And I know you have always had vitriolic hatred for Moore, for reasons I’m sure are justified, to you at least.

But to say you have “zero sympathy with him whatever the story is” could be unfair and knowing you I don’t think you necessarily mean that.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 16 Jan 2022 11:20

Zip
Norfolk Royal
Bristol Paul
It’s not that nasty is it?

“Our club, together with its manager, is intent on selecting players in the first team squad who are dedicated to giving their absolute all to Reading Football Club. That starts with our captain. As a result, Moore will no longer be given the honour of our club captaincy.”

Just says they expect each player to give their all, and basically as he wants to leave, he can’t be captain. And let’s face it, there’s no way he’s given his all this season or even last, he’s been awful.

Correct. If the statement had been bland and non judgemental as some have suggested it should be the club would be criticised for not saying more.

He’s been made a scapegoat here after the worst week in our history. There are ways to do things.

Liam Moore is a dead cat

(Waits for comments about an immobile deceased feline being a better defender, etc.)

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jan 2022 11:28

Who is realistically gonna take Moore off our hands? MLS maybe? Shame Stam isn't still at Cincinnati.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 11:30

Millsy
Snowflake Royal

Agree with the club’s awful handling.

And I know you have always had vitriolic hatred for Moore, for reasons I’m sure are justified, to you at least.

But to say you have “zero sympathy with him whatever the story is” could be unfair and knowing you I don’t think you necessarily mean that.

He now has history of agitating to leave 2 clubs on 3 occasions. Is the best paid player at the club. Was captain and can't organise a defence, or mark to save his life.

Plus is rumoured to have been completely unsupportive to a young player who asked for his help, and rumoured to have refused to play in the cup.

I simply don't care how he may have been slighted in return. We should have got rid of the waste of space years ago. And if he goes today it'll be too late.

Live by the sword, die by it. Sooner he oxf*rd off the better.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Jan 2022 11:33

The whole fcuking squad can fcuk off as far as I’m concerned.

Fcuk off and don’t come back you useless sacks of shit.

And take the big chinned clown with you.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Jan 2022 11:38

leon The whole fcuking squad can fcuk off as far as I’m concerned.

Plus 1.

Southwood and to a lesser extent Rino are the only players I’d want to keep. Everyone else can fcuk off.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 11:41

CountryRoyal

Plus 1.

Southwood and to a lesser extent Rino are the only players I’d want to keep. Everyone else can fcuk off.

I can think of quite a few more, but there are plenty I have no interest in staying.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Jan 2022 11:41

Uke Why aren’t the journalists finding out more about this racism story? They don’t have to be the “author” of the scoop

What story?

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 16 Jan 2022 11:44

Didn't bowen take the captaincy off Moore 18 months ago? Then we appointed pauno and he stayed on?

All round great work.

Still, it's not the owners fault he's just trusted the wrong people.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 11:44

genome
Uke Why aren’t the journalists finding out more about this racism story? They don’t have to be the “author” of the scoop

What story?

According to a respected poster, and apparently Twitter, a young player came to Moore for help and advice after being racially abused. Moore allegedly told him to just forget about it.

No idea on it's truth or accuracy

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 16 Jan 2022 11:46

:!:
Last edited by Simon's Church on 16 Jan 2022 11:48, edited 1 time in total.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Jan 2022 11:46

:lol: calm down

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 16 Jan 2022 11:49

genome

What story?

The one mentioned shedloads of times on here by Spizz and others

My reading, anyone who knows more please wade in!

A young player went to Moore with a complaint about racism, Moore allegedly told him not to report it to the police as nothing would result from it. This led to “ructions” and disquiet.

Moore probably knows how the club responds when some receives racist abuse (especially when he received a ton on Twitter) and is clearly upset that the management didn’t support him when he had the same problems.

Something is rotten in the club senior management.

Won’t be surprised if there isn’t a similar announcement regarding Ovie

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jan 2022 11:52

AthleticoSpizz
windermereROYAL Don`t know about Liam walking away but I`m tempted to walk away from the club I`ve supported for over 50 years, I`ve never seen it in such a mess.
you”l be back…the same as,e

There's the problem

I'm going to cut up my season ticket and protest at our next home game

The time is now to support non league and boycott

Felt91

by Felt91 » 16 Jan 2022 11:52

Fans- we want the club to be more open and transparency

Now too much for hanging out a player to dry. We didn’t do it with these owners with baldock etc so this one is obviously a bit mor serious or Liam being unprofessional.

Used to think Liam was a good connection between fans and club, doing interviews, podcast appearances for local people.

Maybe this is a new start for the club with getting rid of a leader who no longer is a leader and wants to leave, maybe the players don’t actually back him, mayb they do.

I’d give it to Holmes along with a contract from money we saved by hopefully offloading Moore.

Either way supporting the club is the only thing we can do, booing will not change anything so must try and support when you can. Yes we’re losing players at the end of the season but there will be plenty of freebies to get from pl sides or league 1 wanting to play and we seen it before in the championship you can patch a side together and still do well. Couple of wins (I know a long way off) and we can climb a few places.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 16 Jan 2022 11:53

Statement having the desired effect on the kids on Twitter, focus all turned onto Moore calling him every name under the sun.

Doesn’t take a genius to figure out what the club were trying to achieve especially after seeing Moore’s reaction.

All they’ve done is add more fuel to an already toxic fire that is our football club at present.

Question in, who gave to the green light to the statement? Wouldn’t have been Pauno, Moore or the press team. Most likely an advisor to Dai… any guesses (The same advisor that has got us into this sh*t)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 11:55

Simmops
AthleticoSpizz
windermereROYAL Don`t know about Liam walking away but I`m tempted to walk away from the club I`ve supported for over 50 years, I`ve never seen it in such a mess.
you”l be back…the same as,e

There's the problem

I'm going to cut up my season ticket and protest at our next home game

The time is now to support non league and boycott

There's always some good to come out of anything.

578 posts