15%
Out
85%

Total votes: 78
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Pauno in or out Mk3

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2022 16:24

ILoveMoonPig Is anyone else curious what VP was referring to in the post game interview about something he doesn't want to talk about publicly that needs sorting out? Guessing it's the situation with Liam Moore, maybe it's a bigger deal than we realised

How could it be a bigger deal?

It's pretty huge

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jan 2022 16:27

ILoveMoonPig Is anyone else curious what VP was referring to in the post game interview about something he doesn't want to talk about publicly that needs sorting out? Guessing it's the situation with Liam Moore, maybe it's a bigger deal than we realised

Moore is clearly fit and given the state of our defence should be considered for a recall. If he refuses to play the club should see if they can terminate his contract.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2022 16:34

Zip

Moore is clearly fit and given the state of our defence should be considered for a recall. If he refuses to play the club should see if they can terminate his contract.

Would think he had a pretty good case for constructive dismissal at that point after the ludicrous statement Dai demanded.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 30 Jan 2022 16:39

Zip

If he refuses to play, surely he would be in breach of his contract. that should be enough to rip it up and say "on your way. matey and close the door behind you"

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jan 2022 16:40

Snowflake Royal
Zip

Would think he had a pretty good case for constructive dismissal at that point after the ludicrous statement Dai demanded.

That was idiotic and does the club zero favours.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jan 2022 16:42

The Royal Forester
Zip

If he refuses to play, surely he would be in breach of his contract. that should be enough to rip it up and say "on your way. matey and close the door behind you"

As Ian says the club have done themselves no favours with that statement. It would be very messy and probably end up in expensive legal proceedings. However if Moore has no club it’s not doing him a lot of good being out of the loop. I think there needs to be some temporary resolution. Get him back in the squad. He’s not great but dear God the options are poor

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 30 Jan 2022 16:53

Hardly anyone wants Pauno. He won't quit as he wants his money

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2022 16:59

Zip
The Royal Forester
Zip

As Ian says the club have done themselves no favours with that statement. It would be very messy and probably end up in expensive legal proceedings. However if Moore has no club it’s not doing him a lot of good being out of the loop. I think there needs to be some temporary resolution. Get him back in the squad. He’s not great but dear God the options are poor

Its never bad enough to put Moore back in the team.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jan 2022 17:13

Snowflake Royal
Zip
The Royal Forester If he refuses to play, surely he would be in breach of his contract. that should be enough to rip it up and say "on your way. matey and close the door behind you"

23 conceded in 7 very much suggests otherwise.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2022 17:14

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Changing a centreback won't do shit. Especially for a worse one that wants away and is now alienated.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 30 Jan 2022 17:22

It feels weird that there's obviously something huge going down at the club and we can see the effect its having but don't actually know the specifics of what's going on.

I feel bad for Liam Moore, who's given the best years of his career to the club and for his friends in the squad who are obviously upset at whatever happened/is happening. I really hope we can repair those relationships, otherwise I can't see anything improving on the pitch.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jan 2022 17:22

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal Its never bad enough to put Moore back in the team.

Changing a centreback won't do shit. Especially for a worse one that wants away and is now alienated.

I’d even consider playing you at centre back master Royal

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 30 Jan 2022 21:41

I wonder if Liam Moore stood up to Pauno/gave him a piece of his mind so Velko went running to Mr Dai? Then the ostracism of Moore could have 'upset' the rest of the team hence the performances? Neither arrogant Pauno or Dai want to lose face by backing down so just make matters worse by digging their heels in.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Jan 2022 11:50

morganb I wonder if Liam Moore stood up to Pauno/gave him a piece of his mind so Velko went running to Mr Dai? Then the ostracism of Moore could have 'upset' the rest of the team hence the performances? Neither arrogant Pauno or Dai want to lose face by backing down so just make matters worse by digging their heels in.

Be careful, that doesn't fit HNA's narrative that Moore is just rubbish, selfish and a general tosser, who is definitely the one in the wrong and must be hated.

Even though he comes across as a thoroughly nice chap in all interviews I've seen and clearly does have ability - we're not exactly solid without him are we. I was laughed at for even suggesting the possibility that he hated how he was being asked to play and might've stood up to Pauno out of frustration.

But no let's stick to the narrative.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2022 12:41

Millsy
morganb I wonder if Liam Moore stood up to Pauno/gave him a piece of his mind so Velko went running to Mr Dai? Then the ostracism of Moore could have 'upset' the rest of the team hence the performances? Neither arrogant Pauno or Dai want to lose face by backing down so just make matters worse by digging their heels in.

Be careful, that doesn't fit HNA's narrative that Moore is just rubbish, selfish and a general tosser, who is definitely the one in the wrong and must be hated.

Even though he comes across as a thoroughly nice chap in all interviews I've seen and clearly does have ability - we're not exactly solid without him are we. I was laughed at for even suggesting the possibility that he hated how he was being asked to play and might've stood up to Pauno out of frustration.

It's amazing how this sticking up to Pauno coincides with rumours of misconduct, transfer requests and club action clearly driven by the owner, not manager.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Jan 2022 12:48

Snowflake Royal
Millsy

It's amazing how this sticking up to Pauno coincides with rumours of misconduct, transfer requests and club action clearly driven by the owner, not manager.

The owner is several thousand miles away and probably doesn't remember he even owns us.

Pauno is the man with boots on the ground dealing with people day in day out and supposedly man-managing. Whatever issue Moore has clearly is something Pauno is involved with or could manage/alleviate somehow. I mean, that's literally what he's paid to do while our Owner does whatever he's doing abroad.

Not saying this is what is going on - it is entirely possible the Owner and Moore have been having arguments bypassing Pauno altogether - but it's bemusing to me that the sheer possibility of Moore having a point and being upset with Pauno is met with such derision.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2022 12:56

Millsy
Snowflake Royal
Millsy

The owner is several thousand miles away and probably doesn't remember he even owns us.

Pauno is the man with boots on the ground dealing with people day in day out and supposedly man-managing. Whatever issue Moore has clearly is something Pauno is involved with or could manage/alleviate somehow. I mean, that's literally what he's paid to do while our Owner does whatever he's doing abroad.

Not saying this is what is going on - it is entirely possible the Owner and Moore have been having arguments bypassing Pauno altogether - but it's bemusing to me that the sheer possibility of Moore having a point and being upset with Pauno is met with such derision.

It's because it's baseless excuse making when there are perfectly clear other explanations.

When has he ever done anything else to stand up to a manager. Never.

When has he focused on his own pocket. Always