Official RFC Clownovic Day. The protest thread

338 posts
biff

Re: Official RFC Clownovic Day. The protest thread

by biff » 31 Jan 2022 00:06

Dont think it should be a personal affront to a man out of his depth doing his job.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 31 Jan 2022 06:56

Snowflake Royal
From Despair To Where? The neighsayers will claim you're just horsing around, dd.

Thoroughbred idea though.

Beautifully stolen from others to get attention too.

I think the only thing that could make the situation more miserable is double dunce getting interviewed by the press about his protest day.

Shut up you racist Orion1871

You don't even go to games. You have no say in any rfc related matter. Not stolen from anybody at all :|

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Jan 2022 07:35

genome
JimmytheJim While I am strongly in favour of getting rid of Pauno asap, surely any protest should be aimed at the running of the club, and especially the relationship with a certain superagent.

Should we all turn up to the stadium driving Kias?

We should march from the stadium to the Kia garage and set fire to it.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Jan 2022 08:07

biff Dont think it should be a personal affront to a man out of his depth doing his job.

Thinking perhaps a Brian McDermott day would be more subtle and maybe positive. A day when we can all celebrate the feeling when the club had a manager we had confidence in and an actual playing identity (plus a time when Reading used to actually win games at home).

Plus he was so good he could write out his shopping list and manage at the same time.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2022 08:12

Sutekh
biff Dont think it should be a personal affront to a man out of his depth doing his job.

Thinking perhaps a Brian McDermott day would be more subtle and maybe positive. A day when we can all celebrate the feeling when the club had a manager we had confidence in and an actual playing identity (plus a time when Reading used to actually win games at home).

Plus he was so good he could write out his shopping list and manage at the same time.

All views are fair etc. But I don't think something around an ex-manager the owner doesn’t know and hasn't been here for years will accomplish anything.

The clown wigs is - silly and a bit of fun, works on calling out Paunovic's awful management and Comical Ali interviews, plus it works for how the club as a whole is run and how the team defends.

It's very much in the same theme as Pants day.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 31 Jan 2022 09:33

I agree with this to a point. Whilst the manager is of course useless and shouldn't be here, he is only here because of the owner and his negligent attitude. The message needs to be sent both to the manager and the ownership.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 31 Jan 2022 10:15

This isn't going well if we can't even agree on what we think is wrong

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Jan 2022 10:57

Thanks Simmops for putting some passion into this, so well done there.

This is however the third thread calling for action following mine more than 2 weeks ago which has some good ideas on it so let's all focus in one place, wherever that may be. Good to see the idea is talked about more at least.

But

1 - we're way way beyond Pants Day-esque goofing around here. The situation is urgent and in any other generation, there'd be ugly scenes of a pitch invasion and chants for Pauno to go. This will just be seen as a comedy event that will do little.

2 -I can't believe what I'm reading though, with some people STILL suggesting we shouldn't be calling for Pauno to be sacked. I mean... WTAF. That and only that needs to be the focus AT THE MOMENT. It's easily fixable. Yes the problems are bigger and ideally we'd get a more interactive owner, we'd sort out the medical side, we'd go back in time and not gamble on finances, we'd sort out Brexit, covid, cure cancer and make world peace. But a) that will SERIOUS PISS OFF the Owner which we DON'T WANT and b) the URGENT situation right now is the manager. Noone is saying that will fix everything or nothing else is to blame but THE URGENT THING RIGHT NOW IS A SIGNIFICANT CHANGE IN THE MANAGEMENT OF THE BOYS PLAYING THE MATCHES. They are lost sheep, poor guys don't know what they're doing. Needs to happen NOW. We can deal with the rest later, with pants day ideas and gentle banners of vague apathetic dissatisfaction all we like.

Dixie Norm

by Dixie Norm » 31 Jan 2022 11:02

Millsy 2 -I can't believe what I'm reading though, with some people STILL suggesting we shouldn't be calling for Pauno to be sacked. I mean... WTAF. Yes the problems are bigger and ideally we'd get a more interactive owner, we'd sort out the medical side, we'd go back in time and not gamble on finances, we'd sort out Brexit, covid, cure cancer and make world peace. But a) that will SERIOUS PISS OFF the Owner which we DON'T WANT and b) the URGENT situation right now is the manager. Noone is saying that will fix everything or nothing else is to blame but THE URGENT THING RIGHT NOW IS A SIGNIFICANT CHANGE IN THE MANAGEMENT OF THE BOYS PLAYING THE MATCHES. They are lost sheep, poor guys don't know what they're doing. Needs to happen NOW. We can deal with the rest later, with pants day ideas and gentle banners of vague dissatisfaction.

Agreed. I don't think it can even be up for debate anymore whether he stays or goes. He has to go, the sooner the better. Yes there are bigger issues at the club but they're going to take longer than this season to sort out. Our current manager seems like a nice bloke but is now clearly deluded. His interview with Dellor at the weekend proved this. He has to go.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 31 Jan 2022 11:07

Let’s face it lemmings day would be more apt as it feels like we’re all jumping off a big cliff together.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 31 Jan 2022 11:09

Frankly the next home game is the big 150th celebration against Coventry, that has become a must win for the club, anything less it could become toxic, potentially even dangerous with the amount of people in attendance, assuming they don't just stay away now.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Jan 2022 11:14

tidus_mi2 Frankly the next home game is the big 150th celebration against Coventry, that has become a must win for the club, anything less it could become toxic, potentially even dangerous with the amount of people in attendance, assuming they don't just stay away now.

Yep, we're likely to fall in that latter category now. A protest outside before or after the game is one thing but in the stadium during the game is just likely to assist in our freefall from this league. I don't want to be part of that sort of toxic atmosphere.

Like it or not, the players need our full support if we are going to stand any chance of surviving.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 31 Jan 2022 11:14

tidus_mi2 Frankly the next home game is the big 150th celebration against Coventry, that has become a must win for the club, anything less it could become toxic, potentially even dangerous with the amount of people in attendance, assuming they don't just stay away now.

Are you joking? Our supporters aren't capable of this, too meek and passive for that sort of aggression. Would have happened way before now if it was ever going to happen at all.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 31 Jan 2022 11:19

Agree with Mr Mills, the protest must be focused on how unhappy we are with the manager and not to totally piss off the owner, if you think we are in the shit now that would be nothing compared to if he pulled the plug.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 Jan 2022 11:35

SouthDownsRoyal We need Simmops to spread the word

If he can utilise his sources, this might get a wider audience.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 Jan 2022 11:36

NathStPaul

Are you joking? Our supporters aren't capable of this, too meek and passive for that sort of aggression. Would have happened way before now if it was ever going to happen at all.

Absolutely - will be a total damp squib.

The odd smattering of a multi coloured wig, few songs, team wins or in the game, all things forgotten.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 31 Jan 2022 11:38

paultheroyal
NathStPaul

The odd smattering of a multi coloured wig, few songs, team wins or in the game, all things forgotten.

we need organised violence imo

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 31 Jan 2022 11:38

paultheroyal
NathStPaul

I would LOVE to be proven wrong. I want all types of hardline protest to take place that causes as much disruption as humanly possible. Sadly I think we still have too many supporters who are happy to ask the players for their shirts at the end of the game and take selfies by the stadium entrance rather than be so full of rage they want to hit them.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 31 Jan 2022 11:39

paultheroyal

my sources do not care about rfc

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 Jan 2022 11:47

Simmops
paultheroyal

my sources do not care about rfc

sorry to hear this - but please, no violence, we dont need violence, we are a family club.

338 posts