Next Reading Manager

969 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Next Reading Manager

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Apr 2022 16:52

Weymouth Royal Interestingly I've just seen that Brian Tevreden tried to bring Ten Haag in as manager but we wouldn't pay the £300k required to get him. We got Stam instead...

We'd have probably got 0.5 Haag by accident.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Apr 2022 16:52

Hound Jobi’s a decent pundit isn’t he? Sensible and knowledgable. Compared to some of the buffoons on there he is pretty strong - so I reckon he’ll end up getting a fair bit of work

I wonder how experienced coaches need to be. I assume they don’t have to deal with the management of players pain, just set up decent sessions to work on the things the boss wants to work on

Might almost be better for someone who has recently come out of the playing side but has been working on his badges for the last few years

I think it comes back to what you said originally really, we can't really sit here and judge how good/not good a coach is. Just because a coach is more experienced, doesn't necessarily mean they are better than coaches with less experience. Our coaching team might be the best we've had in the last decade for all we know. I've just worked under the assumption that an experienced coach that has been around various clubs at this level might add benefit to our coaching staff and I'd trust that Ince would be able to hire someone who was competent.

Interesting you mentioned just come out of the playing side. I posted a few weeks back saying that I wouldn't have minded our new manager being similar to that of Neil Critchley at Blackpool. Someone who has just come from an academy who knows how to develop a younger squad that can play an attacking brand of football. Especially when this is the best chance we've got to assemble a squad that can play to that framework.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Apr 2022 22:36

Snowflake Royal
Weymouth Royal Interestingly I've just seen that Brian Tevreden tried to bring Ten Haag in as manager but we wouldn't pay the £300k required to get him. We got Stam instead...

Haag and his assistant Dazs would be a formidable team. Heard a lot of good things about them.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 21 Apr 2022 22:58

Millsy
Snowflake Royal

Haag and his assistant Dazs would be a formidable team. Heard a lot of good things about them.

Tasty :D

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Apr 2022 08:24

Millsy
Snowflake Royal

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Apr 2022 08:27

Pepe the Horseman
Millsy
Snowflake Royal We'd have probably got 0.5 Haag by accident.

With our squad they'd have been fish food.

:?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 23 Apr 2022 00:36

Millsy
Snowflake Royal

A few players might have got frozen out.....

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Apr 2022 18:32

Some really embarrassing soundbites from Ince post game and some equally embarrassing reactions from our fan base. There is nothing to celebrate, we are so poor. The players should hang their heads in shame and apologise for their meager efforts this season, they have been largely pathetic.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Apr 2022 18:39

NathStPaul Some really embarrassing soundbites from Ince post game and some equally embarrassing reactions from our fan base. There is nothing to celebrate, we are so poor. The players should hang their heads in shame and apologise for their meager efforts this season, they have been largely pathetic.

It’s been an awful season and a lot of the performances have been unacceptable but even now we still have what most teams would consider an injury crisis. Add in the points deduction and transfer embargo and it has been hugely challenging. I’m not sure many teams at this level would have fared much better with all the issues to contend with.

We stayed up mate. That’s all that really matters but there is a lot of work to be done from here to avoid another adeason like this in 2022/23.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Apr 2022 18:45

Zip
NathStPaul Some really embarrassing soundbites from Ince post game and some equally embarrassing reactions from our fan base. There is nothing to celebrate, we are so poor. The players should hang their heads in shame and apologise for their meager efforts this season, they have been largely pathetic.

It’s been an awful season and a lot of the performances have been unacceptable but even now we still have what most teams would consider an injury crisis. Add in the points deduction and transfer embargo and it has been hugely challenging. I’m not sure many teams at this level would have fared much better with all the issues to contend with.

We stayed up mate. That’s all that really matters but there is a lot of work to be done from here to avoid another adeason like this in 2022/23.

Come on, even when we had a lot of injuries we had a squad capable of finishing midtable. We had a poor manager in charge of the club who was enabled by an absent owner. The owner is ultimately to blame but the players have to accept their share of the responsibility too.

By turning our relegation escape into some kind of triumph, we as supporters are in danger of letting the club off the hook a bit. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered and a lot of changes to be made.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Apr 2022 18:57

NathStPaul
Zip

Come on, even when we had a lot of injuries we had a squad capable of finishing midtable. We had a poor manager in charge of the club who was enabled by an absent owner. The owner is ultimately to blame but the players have to accept their share of the responsibility too.

By turning our relegation escape into some kind of triumph, we as supporters are in danger of letting the club off the hook a bit. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered and a lot of changes to be made.

I don’t agree about our squad being very good. It’s not. We haven’t really had a keeper to rely on. We are desperately short of full backs and have very slow centre backs. In short we are very poor defensively. I would say defensively we are a relegation side.

We are probably a mid table side going forward but let’s not forget we lost Yaks before the season started and then Joao almost as soon as the season did start.

No one is saying this is a triumph but there are teams who finished above us who would have gone down with what our club have had to deal with,

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Apr 2022 19:02

I think Ince can celebrate a job well done. We were mocked for bringing him in and he’s done exactly what was asked of him. Of course he isn’t going to spread doom and gloom

When the season ends I’m sure a number of the players won’t look back on their performances over the season very fondly

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Apr 2022 19:56

And the cut of Ince’s jib won’t let them. He calls a spade a spade (if that’s still allowed)

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 23 Apr 2022 20:05

AthleticoSpizz And the cut of Ince’s jib won’t let them. He calls a spade a spade (if that’s still allowed)

I think it’s ok if referring to gardening equipment

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Apr 2022 20:21

or a suit of cards.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Apr 2022 21:49

Oh piss off you tart.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Apr 2022 22:12

It's been a success for Paul Ince. Whether he stays or not. It is also possible as a fan to realise it's been a crap season but celebrate the fact it could have been worse.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 23 Apr 2022 22:50

Stranded

It's been a success for Paul Ince. Whether he stays or not. It is also possible as a fan to realise it's been a crap season but celebrate the fact it could have been worse.

This.

My personal opinion is that with the crucial players back we still would’ve just about stayed up with Pauno but that’s pure speculation. The fact is that Ince did the job he needed to do and whilst we’re not doing an open top bus, given all that’s happened this season as a Reading fan I’ll take any win I can.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Apr 2022 22:55

^all of that^

we should not forget the points that Pauno did actually get us, and of course the 4 points from his last two games as key players finally returned to the squad.

In for the Ince love, but don’t really believe that he really wants it full term

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Apr 2022 23:05

People like you guys are the reason why the club will never go anywhere. You accept failure.

969 posts