Derby to file a law suit against us if we finish above them.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Derby to file a law suit against us if we finish above them.

by The Royal Forester » 13 Feb 2022 12:33

Don't think this will get anywhere. If I remember correctly Derby's "extra" points deduction was for financial reasons, like flogging their stadium for an inflated price etc., the points for FFP reasons were an extra six(?) suspended points on top of that, to be imposed, if Derby failed to adhere to the EFL/Derby business plan. Can anyone confirm this from finding the original EFL statement?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 13 Feb 2022 13:12

The Royal Forester Don't think this will get anywhere. If I remember correctly Derby's "extra" points deduction was for financial reasons, like flogging their stadium for an inflated price etc., the points for FFP reasons were an extra six(?) suspended points on top of that, to be imposed, if Derby failed to adhere to the EFL/Derby business plan. Can anyone confirm this from finding the original EFL statement?

I think this is where the EFL have failed by not being transparent with their reasoning behind differing points dedections.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 13 Feb 2022 13:49

I really hate Derby and I really hate Rooney. Come on Reading...last day of the season SEND THEM DOWN !!!!

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 13 Feb 2022 14:12

Barney I really hate Derby and I really hate Rooney. Come on Reading...last day of the season SEND THEM DOWN !!!!

I'll rather be safe well before that, to be honest. Don't think my nerves (or heart) will take a last day decider!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Feb 2022 14:20

Our survival or not will be decided in the next couple of weeks, not on the last day.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 13 Feb 2022 14:33

I can't see it being decided that quickly. I will admit that if we DO lose 2 or 3 more before a win, then yes, it will be quick and nasty and painful.
I am just hoping and praying we beat Peterboro, then grab a couple of draws and maybe another win. Keep the hope going.
My money is that this wretched season has more twists in it yet....and will go to the wire.
My heart can't take this !!!!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Feb 2022 14:43

I'd rather we get rid of Pauno within 2 days of losing to Posh and see things change then, or just get it over with and lose every game to get this rancid wet fart of a season over and done with.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 13 Feb 2022 15:27

leon I’ve been to Derby. It’s a horrific shithole.

They can go fcuk themselves the corrupt cnuts.

LOL

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 13 Feb 2022 16:19

Zip I think we would have a very strong counter claim. Why the fukk are they are allowed to play Bielik when they have yet to pay for his transfer fee? We also played it straight with the EFL unlike them and their dodgy accounts. Can’t see them succeeding.

Well quite

Why aren't we talking this up and saying we will issue a claim against them if we go down and they don't?!

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 13 Feb 2022 16:27

bcubed
Zip I think we would have a very strong counter claim. Why the fukk are they are allowed to play Bielik when they have yet to pay for his transfer fee? We also played it straight with the EFL unlike them and their dodgy accounts. Can’t see them succeeding.

Well quite

Why aren't we talking this up and saying we will issue a claim against them if we go down and they don't?!

Agreed-surely you can't play a player if you haven't paid for him?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Feb 2022 17:00

bcubed

Well quite

Yep. As a club we are just asleep at the wheel here. We should be questioning all of this with the EFL.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Feb 2022 17:06

Zip
bcubed

Well quite

Yep. As a club we are just asleep at the wheel here. We should be questioning all of this with the EFL.

Maybe we are? Could be keeping it up their sleeves, but if they made it public they'd be getting stick for being resigned to relegation/making excuses before it's even happened.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Feb 2022 17:28

Zip
bcubed

Well quite

Just because it's not in the public domain doesn't mean we aren't

And this is still just paper talk at the moment

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 13 Feb 2022 19:21

If Bielik is ineligible - and from that EFL statement a couple of days ago, it is arguable that he is - then the punishment used to be crystal clear - a deduction of all points won when he was in the match day squad.

That was thrown into the air by the Tevez debacle, where West Ham got a financial hit rather than a points hit.

Playing a player you haven't paid for isn't the issue; many transfer deals are done with isntalment payments; however, when installment payments are missed, clubs should be made clear that the player then is ineligible and what the punishment will be in playing him.

Bluntly, the EFL needs to grom a pair of balls and stand up to the clubs who look to abuse the system.

Rax

by Rax » 13 Feb 2022 19:31

This is all part of the MSM love in with Rodney and Derby. Every day there's something - personally, I think the EFL should grow a pair and let them be liquidated. They should never have extended the "prove you have money to see out the season" deadline.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 13 Feb 2022 19:35

South Coast Royal
bcubed

Well quite

This whole situation reminds me of when West Ham signed those two players illegally and stayed up at the expense of Sheff Utd.

That still irks me to this day. I f*cking hate West Ham as a result.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Feb 2022 19:49

skipper
South Coast Royal
bcubed
Well quite

This whole situation reminds me of when West Ham signed those two players illegally and stayed up at the expense of Sheff Utd.

Ironically the man behind those transfers was Kia Joorabchian.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 14 Feb 2022 09:52

skipper
South Coast Royal
bcubed
Well quite

Tevez and Mascherano

chadboy

by chadboy » 14 Feb 2022 15:38

The Royal Forester Don't think this will get anywhere. If I remember correctly Derby's "extra" points deduction was for financial reasons, like flogging their stadium for an inflated price etc., the points for FFP reasons were an extra six(?) suspended points on top of that, to be imposed, if Derby failed to adhere to the EFL/Derby business plan. Can anyone confirm this from finding the original EFL statement?

The stadium sale was found to be legit by the tribunal. The 9 points were for FFP after Derby resubmitted their accounts. The amortisation had a fine attached. Derby have 3 points hanging over them re FFP and 3 points re not paying wages.

The Derby FFP seems to be over a 4 year period but they have looked at each 3 year cycle, whereas Readings seem to be for a single block of 4 years.
With the EFL it’s difficult to say what they have done

Derby fans don’t really have an appetite for taking money from Reading

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 14 Feb 2022 15:44

YorkshireRoyal99
skipper
South Coast Royal

Ironically the man behind those transfers was Kia Joorabchian.

Wait. What??

How is he still in football?!??!