Derby to file a law suit against us if we finish above them.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Derby to file a law suit against us if we finish above them.

by Brogue » 12 Feb 2022 23:36

Ruh roh

‘ROYAL KICKING Wayne Rooney’s Derby want to turn tables on EFL and make their OWN compensation claim if they finish below Reading.

WAYNE ROONEY’S Derby County are ready to turn the tables on the EFL — and make a claim for compensation if they finish below Reading.

The EFL have classed the pair as having ‘football related debts’, which means Derby have to deal with the problem and possibly look for money at the end of the season.

Derby were docked nine points for Financial Fair Play offences — on top of 12 for going into administration.

But Reading were only penalised six points for their offences under the EFL rules.

If the gap between the pair is three points or less after 46 games it could lead to another club versus club legal claim.

Derby’s argument will be that they were hit with more points than Reading — the same kind of technicality that has caused them such grief with Boro and Wycombe.

Should Rooney’s men go down and Reading escape then the Rams intend to quote the EFL legal ruling by top lawyers Stephenson Harwood that is currently being used against them.

Wycombe lodged a claim against Derby for lost revenue when they went down in similar style last season.

The £6million to £14m demand — along with Boro’s claim — were a major barrier to coming out of administration.

And while Derby’s admins argue against the claims, they plan to USE it themselves down the line.

That could see a bid to squeeze a major settlement out of the Royals as football shifts to off-the-field legal disputes.

Ironically, the EFL will look to end these inter-club rows in future but any claims in the current season can still apply. ‘

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Derby to file a law suit against us if we finish above them.

by genome » 13 Feb 2022 00:20

It's a good thing we're going to finish below them then

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 13 Feb 2022 00:24

Don't worry, Derby. We'll finish rock bottom! Hopefully you're cheating bastard club will finish one place above us!!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Feb 2022 00:43

I think we would have a very strong counter claim. Why the fukk are they are allowed to play Bielik when they have yet to pay for his transfer fee? We also played it straight with the EFL unlike them and their dodgy accounts. Can’t see them succeeding.

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 13 Feb 2022 01:12

It’s pretty easy to counter this. We f***ed up - got hit with a penalty, which was reduced for compliance and working closely with the EFL to allow them to steer the ship.

Derby f***ed, denied it, pretended they hadn’t, hid it, failed to comply with any of the EFL’s requests, worked actively against the EFL to correct the situation, continued to resist, and were quite right docked many more points.

It’s fairly irrelevant, given that they’ll likely finish above us, but Derby are everything that’s bad about football. We’re simply a club who screwed up, tried to spend our way out of it, and failed to hit the jackpot by being promoted. They’re very different things, and worthy of very different penalties.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Feb 2022 01:33

I’ve been to Derby. It’s a horrific shithole.

They can go fcuk themselves the corrupt cnuts.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Feb 2022 07:14

Source?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Feb 2022 07:17

Stranded Source?

The Sun are running it (I know I know)

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Feb 2022 07:38

It`s ok we`ll finish more than 3 points above them.....nurse, where are my pills?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Feb 2022 09:02

And exactly how on earth would they expect to any lawsuit to be concluded in time for the start of next season, which may I remind you, will be starting a whole lot earlier thanks to the utterly bent awarding of a World Cup to Qatar.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 13 Feb 2022 09:05

Stranded Source?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 13 Feb 2022 09:05

leon

They can go fcuk themselves the corrupt cnuts.

I thought that you might be referring to our absent owners,

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Feb 2022 09:20

And if it’s in the MSM then it’s likely to be a total mis-report of whatever was said by whoever it was who said wherever they were at the time of saying it. It appears from the photo above that there are no actual quotes from anyone which suggests, at this stage, that the whole thing is journos extrapolating a non-story out of a general discussion about the mess Derby dug themselves into.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 13 Feb 2022 11:00

Assuming it doesn't count towards FFP, I'd willingly take a hit of a few million as a result of us staying up and Derby going down.
(Easy to say as it's not my money).

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 13 Feb 2022 11:13

Sutekh And if it’s in the MSM then it’s likely to be a total mis-report of whatever was said by whoever it was who said wherever they were at the time of saying it. It appears from the photo above that there are no actual quotes from anyone which suggests, at this stage, that the whole thing is journos extrapolating a non-story out of a general discussion about the mess Derby dug themselves into.

:roll:

Oh, you're one of those nutters.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Feb 2022 11:49

Derby County - The EFL's answer to Boris Johnson. Always someone else's fault they overspent, cooked the books then lied about it.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Feb 2022 11:56

From Despair To Where? Derby County - The EFL's answer to Boris Johnson. Always someone else's fault they overspent, cooked the books then lied about it.

I really want them to go down.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Feb 2022 12:05

I'd happily see them go bust. They've spent 5 years willingly taking the piss. We didn't sell the ground for a vastly inflated price, we didn't lie in our accounts, we didn't play silly buggers with the EFL, we haven't spent money we don't have, we haven't stiffed creditors and we haven't blamed everyone but ourselves for the mess we're in.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Feb 2022 12:21

I'd honestly not care about it, we will likely finish below them anyway unless they go bust themselves.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Feb 2022 12:26

I'm no lawyer but I don't understand the logic here. Derby have issues with EFL. Reading have issues with EFL. If Derby feel their treatment by EFL was unfair compared to ours what's that to do with us directly? Surely that's an issue between them and the EFL.

If you get a £90 parking ticket and I get a £60 one I can't take you to court for £30 I have to complain to the council. Why the direct attack?

(Which is ludicrous anyway given the different magnitude of offences of course)

I'm almost certainly missing something very obvious here