388 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (a)

by Sutekh » 16 Feb 2022 22:01

When : Saturday 19th February 2022, 3pm
Where : Deepdale, Preston, PR1 6RU
Capacity : 23,404

Really can’t be bothered with this any more, Reading are not very good and Preston are decent. Preston are the home team and it’s a miserably long journey so we can all guess the likely outcome, particularly with the present excuse for a manager.

It gets better as well given Preston have only lost 1 of the last 11 league games, haven’t conceded in 4 matches, last lost at home on 20th November and have only been beaten twice at home in the league this season (though Hull and Cardiff were the victors on those occasions so Preston aren’t perfect - but presumably perfect enough for Reading).

Reading are now unbeaten in 1 and haven’t conceded any goals for about 115 minutes so it’s their best run of the year so far however the injury problems persist. Ejaria is hamstrung, Dann is as slow getting over his injury as he is on the pitch, Araruna is just broken, Halilovic doesn’t ever seem to get better for very long and worst of all Drinkwater isn’t injured at all.

Finally Hoilett is now unsuspended.

Referee

John Busby

Previously

03 Jan 22 > Reading 2-2 Derby County
29 Sep 21 > Derby County 1-0 Reading

Historically

It took 9 visits to Deepdale to get a first win and there have only been 6 for Reading in the total 30 league games played there to date. In that time Preston have managed 18 home victories very much setting a low expectation for Reading in this fixture. So that’s now one home victory for every goal Preston scored in that 18-0 cup game back in the 1890s. Still Reading are due bit of luck so why not this game.

How to follow the game

1. Get ticket and travel
  2. Listen to Radio 5 Live and/or a myriad of other radio stations for score flashes
  3. Ring/text a mate for updates
  4. Use a RoyalTV subscription
  5. BBC Radio Berkshire (FM : 104.4, 104.1 or 95.4 depending where you are in the area)

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (a)

by NathStPaul » 16 Feb 2022 22:04

Hein

Yiadom
Morrison
McIntyre
Baba

Rinomhota
Laurent (The Mole)
Swift

Ince
Joao
Hoilett

Meite probably won't be able to do back to back games.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Feb 2022 22:09

:lol: Good write up Sutz. The gallows humour is needed and warranted,
Can’t see anything other than a heavy defeat leading to a poisonous atmosphere v Birmingham.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2022 22:10

...................Southwood
Holmes, Yiadom, Morrison, Rahman
Ince, Rinomhota, Bashiru, Hoilett
...................Joao, Clarke

Hein, McIntyre, Laurent, Swift, Meite, Camara, New guy

Obviously won't be this

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 16 Feb 2022 23:00

Honestly don't care.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 Feb 2022 09:24

Lowest away attendance this season?

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 17 Feb 2022 09:25

NathStPaul Hein

Yiadom
Morrison
McIntyre
Baba

Rinomhota
Laurent (The Mole)
Swift

Ince
Joao
Hoilett

I thought this was the case too

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Feb 2022 09:27

Theroyalbox
NathStPaul Hein

Yiadom
Morrison
McIntyre
Baba

Rinomhota
Laurent (The Mole)
Swift

Ince
Joao
Hoilett

Makes a lot of sense, he is definitely media savvy. Can see him speaking to Dellor off the record for sure.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 17 Feb 2022 09:29

NathStPaul
Theroyalbox
NathStPaul Hein

Yiadom
Morrison
McIntyre
Baba

Rinomhota
Laurent (The Mole)
Swift

Ince
Joao
Hoilett

Makes a lot of sense, he is definitely media savvy. Can see him speaking to Dellor off the record for sure.

Yes agreed, unless I missed it I didn't see anywhere on Reading media that he was injured either

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Feb 2022 09:31

Theroyalbox
NathStPaul
Theroyalbox

Yes agreed, unless I missed it I didn't see anywhere on Reading media that he was injured either

I'm wondering if he and Liam Moore were in cahoots, I know from their social media they are close. Thing is neither of them are in the wrong if it is a case of them trying to force the manager out. It will be interesting to hear what they have to say once they both leave, I think a lot of people will change their opinions on Liam Moore.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 17 Feb 2022 09:32

NathStPaul
Theroyalbox
NathStPaul Makes a lot of sense, he is definitely media savvy. Can see him speaking to Dellor off the record for sure.

I'm wondering if he and Liam Moore were in cahoots, I know from their social media they are close. Thing is neither of them are in the wrong if it is a case of them trying to force the manager out. It will be interesting to hear what they have to say once they both leave, I think a lot of people will change their opinions on Liam Moore.

Just wish someone would have the balls to come and speak out, whether its him, Moore, Yiadom or even Pauno. They would certainly gain a lot more respect from the fans. I'd imagine its the same place Ovie is hiding.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Feb 2022 09:33

PNE 18 Reading 0

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Feb 2022 09:33

Theroyalbox
NathStPaul
Theroyalbox

Just wish someone would have the balls to come and speak out, whether its him, Moore, Yiadom or even Pauno. They would certainly gain a lot more respect from the fans. I'd imagine its the same place Ovie is hiding.

Hard to do it under contract though. Leave yourself open to be fined etc. I'm sure it will all come out once both players leave.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Feb 2022 11:11

Well since we kept up our abysmal record of lack of midweek wins, I'll go for another record, we have only lost once to Preston in the last 8 games.

Clutching at straws comes to mind.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Feb 2022 15:20

Officially an ankle injury for Josh

Honestly don’t care about the side. Could put in Salah, De Bruyne, VVD and Bernardo Silva and Pauno would still turn us into a defensively frail, slow, cumbersome and directionless rabble

We’ll lose. 2-0 probably. Pauno still won’t go. Dann, Ejaria and Halilovic still won’t bother turning up

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 17 Feb 2022 15:50

It is bonkers that the game will be so predictable that I can guess not only our set up and tactics but also the oppositions set up and tactics.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Feb 2022 15:57

Been to Preston away plenty of times, I won't be going this weekend that's for sure, not with the weather in Lancs set to be poor and the football from ourselves likely to be even worse.

If Pauno is there, a comfortable 2-0 win, if it's something different I'll have some sort of renewed optimism of maybe a different outcome given our record against Preston in recent memory has been by and large pretty good. But they are doing well under Ryan Lowe so it would be tough regardless.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Feb 2022 16:59

Poor weather in Lancs? Surely not

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 18 Feb 2022 11:16

Are the team flying or going by coach ?

Preston is a fair trek. Coach will take for ever and will have to leave early today. Any flight is possibly cancelled.

Tough gig.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 18 Feb 2022 11:40

Strong winds and rubbish weather might give us a fighting chance of another 0-0. Fully expect a drubbing but hoping that Hein launches a huge goal kick that catches the wind and sails over their goalie into the net and we win 1-0.

388 posts