Where do we go now?

McDermolenko

Re: Where do we go now?

by McDermolenko » 17 Feb 2022 10:02

Stranded
Zip
McDermolenko Forgot to mention in my initial post when listing issues at the club - understand from a friend that the club are to issue an apology on behalf of Yakou Meite following some threatening/homophobic tweets that came to light over the past few weeks.

Not entirely sure how/if this will impact his status in the squad.

I hope this isn’t true. This is the last thing we need.

Nothing would surprise me any more but if there are tweets like that out there (or were out there) there is absolutely no way that we wouldn't already know about them. The first we hear of it is unlikely to be from an apology from the club over something no-one seems to have heard of.

From what I understand there were numerous tweets dating between 2013-2020 and these were written in French slang. One of the words frequently used by Yakou was ‘pedale’ - feel free to look into the meaning.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 17 Feb 2022 10:08

McDermolenko
Stranded
Zip

Nothing would surprise me any more but if there are tweets like that out there (or were out there) there is absolutely no way that we wouldn't already know about them. The first we hear of it is unlikely to be from an apology from the club over something no-one seems to have heard of.

From what I understand there were numerous tweets dating between 2013-2020 and these were written in French slang. One of the words frequently used by Yakou was ‘pedale’ - feel free to look into the meaning.

When I read your earlier post I thought Meite was on the receiving end but from your latest comment it now appears he was the one dishing it out instead... not good.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Feb 2022 10:15

Stranded
YorkshireRoyal99 If Pauno has drove off in his own car last night, surely that means it's curtains on his time at the club?

To be honest, the only way I see us surviving is either Derby go bust or we change our manager, we might possibly need both but I think just one or the other personally. We won't move forward with Pauno in charge and we certainly will not pick up enough results under him in our last 15 games either.

If he left in his car alone, there is only two realistic reasons.

1. He's gone
2. There is such a big divide between him and the playing squad that they don't even want to travel together.

2 is probably close to the truth and we just need to hope 1 happens soon.

Or 3) he didn't leave on the coach due to safety advice from police, stewards, who told him there were a mob of unruly fans waiting for him outside.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Feb 2022 10:38

McDermolenko
Stranded
Zip

Yep not good if he has used that term but my point was, I am surprised that if it has got to the stage where the club is supposedly about to make a public apology, that given what social media is like, we haven't heard this before.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 17 Feb 2022 10:55

Last edited by Bigtimmeh on 18 Feb 2022 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Feb 2022 12:44

Norfolk Royal
Stranded
YorkshireRoyal99 If Pauno has drove off in his own car last night, surely that means it's curtains on his time at the club?

To be honest, the only way I see us surviving is either Derby go bust or we change our manager, we might possibly need both but I think just one or the other personally. We won't move forward with Pauno in charge and we certainly will not pick up enough results under him in our last 15 games either.

1. He's gone
2. There is such a big divide between him and the playing squad that they don't even want to travel together.

Or 3) he didn't leave on the coach due to safety advice from police, stewards, who told him there were a mob of unruly fans waiting for him outside.

What about everyone else though as well?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2022 12:46

Possible. But doesn't explain why he had his car there to do it.

Could be his family came and he left with them. Not sure I'd have been getting my wife to come to a crunch game I was going to get dogs abuse at, and then leave with her with an angry mob out to protest at me though.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Feb 2022 12:54

What wife?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Feb 2022 13:02

NathStPaul What wife?

He's married with 4 kids.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Feb 2022 13:05

Stranded
NathStPaul What wife?

Ian? Fcuk me, he is a quick worker.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Feb 2022 13:07

NathStPaul
Stranded
NathStPaul What wife?

Ian? Fcuk me, he is a quick worker.

Ah misread.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Feb 2022 13:36

Snowflake Royal Possible. But doesn't explain why he had his car there to do it.

Could be his family came and he left with them. Not sure I'd have been getting my wife to come to a crunch game I was going to get dogs abuse at, and then leave with her with an angry mob out to protest at me though.

I can't imagine that would be the case (not your specific scenario). If you aren't travelling with your squad to a game, it means something else has done on somewhere to make sure that isn't the case. Why the board members wouldn't know and then take action because of that at this stage is baffling. In fairness, they may be terminating his contract as we speak, but I'm believing that less and less the more the hours tick by.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 17 Feb 2022 14:22

Norfolk Royal
Stranded

1. He's gone

Or 4) Someone made it up. Not for the first time someone has made things up recently is it?

CrowthorneRoyal

by CrowthorneRoyal » 17 Feb 2022 15:09

Bigtimmeh
Stranded
McDermolenko

Yep not good if he has used that term but my point was, I am surprised that if it has got to the stage where the club is supposedly about to make a public apology, that given what social media is like, we haven't heard this before.

I'm no French language expert. You can see use of that word occasionally https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=p%C ... m%3Ayaks75)&src=typed_query . I dont completely understand or know the context so I hope its OK...I am getting a translation now...

Second seems to be that someone accused him of being a pedale.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Feb 2022 15:35

The Royal Forester
Norfolk Royal
Stranded

1. He's gone

Or 4) Someone made it up. Not for the first time someone has made things up recently is it?

Indeed. The most obvious made up thing is that Pauno wants to resign but the club won't let him. I've just done a quick check and discovered that forced labour is illegal in the UK.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 17 Feb 2022 15:50

Stranded
McDermolenko
Stranded

If he went home in his car I presume he went there in his car. What manager does that???

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 17 Feb 2022 15:54

I am afraid we’re going back to our roots, the time before Sir John. We had 2 years in the limelight when we were the darlings of Sky Sport and the world was a wonderful place. BUMP.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 17 Feb 2022 16:01

Norfolk Royal
The Royal Forester
Norfolk Royal

Indeed. The most obvious made up thing is that Pauno wants to resign but the club won't let him. I've just done a quick check and discovered that forced labour is illegal in the UK.

Actually the most obvious made up thing is that Pauno lives in Kettering!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Feb 2022 16:07

blythspartan I am afraid we’re going back to our roots, the time before Sir John. We had 2 years in the limelight when we were the darlings of Sky Sport and the world was a wonderful place. BUMP.

Must've missed that.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 17 Feb 2022 16:36

This whole mess is largely down to Communication or lack of it. I'm a business manager, i communicate daily to my supervisors who then pass on the information to the employee's, its pretty simple and we work as a team and we've won awards as a team.
I understand running a football club is a bit different to the business i run, however, if the Owner (Dai) had been transparent and had his supervisors or CEO's to pass on all relevant information to the fans such as:
All money issues regarding the FFFP rules and where we stand as a club
What is actually going on with regards to the Manager and his coaching team
Giving the fans assurance on short and long term goals, including plans for relegation
Plans for future D.O.F and contract issues with players
Leading from the front and turning up for matches and giving a "Delia Smith drunken speech" for shits and giggles.

If the fans where armed with all this knowledge above I'm sure there wouldn't be the toxicity that's currently spreading quicker than a bad case of COVID at one of Boris's garden parties!!
It may even rally the whole club and fans to fight and push and give their all to stay in the league, a bit like Derby at the moment!! i hate the club, however, you cannot knock how they're pulling together under impossible circumstances and actually look like they may get out of trouble! Now compare that with our current shower of shit!!!