Where do we go now?

McDermolenko

Where do we go now?

by McDermolenko » 16 Feb 2022 22:52

Toxicity levels are clearly, and justifiably, through the roof.

From the protests on Saturdays to supporters on the pitch, Paunovic *leaving* before realising that he actually offered his resignation and was denied such (lol) to supporters now blocking the team coach and Paunovic having to scuttle away in a separate vehicle allegedly for his own safety.

Apologies if this is a case of the same old tired thread, but where do we go from here? If no changes are made by Preston away this Saturday or Birmingham at home on Tuesday, do we relinquish the final bit of hope that Dai actually gives a toss?

The situation feels dire and hopeless.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Where do we go now?

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2022 22:56

Down.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Feb 2022 22:56

My suggestion would be that on Tuesday we go on the pitch and just sit there. Not at the end, at the start. Sit there and don't move. Don't speak to any players, don't touch anyone, don't approach the manager. Just peacefully sit there and stop the game for as long as possible. They won't ban 2000 supporters, the police won't arrest you.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 16 Feb 2022 22:57

Down

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2022 22:57

NathStPaul My suggestion would be that on Tuesday we go on the pitch and just sit there. Not at the end, at the start. Sit there and don't move. Don't speak to any players, don't touch anyone, don't approach the manager. Just peacefully sit there and stop the game for as long as possible. They won't ban 2000 supporters, the police won't arrest you.

No, but we'll get a massive fine and possibly a points deduction

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Feb 2022 22:59

It`s clear the toxic meter is creeping up, it is about to explode.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Feb 2022 23:02

I'm actually a bit lost atm, don't know what to think. A vociferous supporter of ACTION ASAP, protests and the pitch invasion, I now don't even know what to think after witnessing the shocking abuse of Drinkwater (whom I've knocked since his second game, so I'm no fan!). I suddenly feel so distant to some of the protesters who up until that point I was 100% behind.

This is what happens when the majority sit there in silent apathy - those who protest have to be more toxic to compensate.

WTF is happening to our club.

Dai just let Pauno and his clowns go, pay them off and put anyone else in charge PLEASE before the club turns on itself and alienates the players. If I was a Reading player now I wouldn't give two hoots about the fans. The only positive I can see is them being so fed up with Pauno they protest openly, calling for change.

Troubling times.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 16 Feb 2022 23:02

It's time to raise some money for a plane and banner to fly over Deep Dale with "READING ARE DAI' ING" on it.

Take my £1.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 16 Feb 2022 23:05

NathStPaul My suggestion would be that on Tuesday we go on the pitch and just sit there. Not at the end, at the start. Sit there and don't move.

Do that, and there's every chance you'll be picked to play in defence.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Feb 2022 23:05

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul My suggestion would be that on Tuesday we go on the pitch and just sit there. Not at the end, at the start. Sit there and don't move. Don't speak to any players, don't touch anyone, don't approach the manager. Just peacefully sit there and stop the game for as long as possible. They won't ban 2000 supporters, the police won't arrest you.

No, but we'll get a massive fine and possibly a points deduction

I just don't see another peaceful alternative at this stage that would make an impact. A protest outside the stadium on Tuesday could lead to violent protests, potentially Birmingham supporters being caught in the crossfire. For the first time we saw actual anger from our supporters, it takes a hell of a lot for that to happen. I'm not sure it will stop until the manager goes.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Feb 2022 23:05

PATRIQT It's time to raise some money for a plane and banner to fly over Deep Dale with "READING ARE DAI' ING" on it.

Take my £1.

Pity simmops has gone, he`s got a pilots license, he would do it for nothing.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Feb 2022 23:07

Millsy I'm actually a bit lost atm, don't know what to think. A vociferous supporter of ACTION ASAP, protests and the pitch invasion, I now don't even know what to think after witnessing the shocking abuse of Drinkwater (whom I've knocked since his second game, so I'm no fan!). I suddenly feel so distant to some of the protesters who up until that point I was 100% behind.

This is what happens when the majority sit there in silent apathy - those who protest have to be more toxic to compensate.

Dai just let Pauno and his clowns go, pay them off and put anyone else in charge PLEASE before the club turns on itself and alienates the players. If I was a Reading player now I wouldn't give two hoots about the fans. The only positive I can see is them being so fed up with Pauno they protest openly, calling for change.

Troubling times.

He's not our player, he gets over 100k a week, he doesn't care what our supporters say to him. Get off your high horse.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Feb 2022 23:07

tmesis
NathStPaul My suggestion would be that on Tuesday we go on the pitch and just sit there. Not at the end, at the start. Sit there and don't move.

Do that, and there's every chance you'll be picked to play in defence.

No fcking chance im playing in that side for under 8.5k a week.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 16 Feb 2022 23:07

Seriously, we need to chill. We need to stop taking it out on the players and actually offer them support. How much better did they play on Saturday with meite getting the crowd going?

Clearly there's some big interpersonal issues happening at the club, mystery injuries, ongoing sicknesses, whatever happened with Liam Moore etc. Seriously, the players need to get together with the management staff, clear the air and get back together as a group.

Hell, why not send them on a team building weekend to some country retreat in Wales if it would help.
Last edited by ILoveMoonPig on 16 Feb 2022 23:10, edited 1 time in total.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 16 Feb 2022 23:10

In all seriousness, after the protests at the weekend, another lacklustre performance tonight, Teflon Paun still in a fooking job, and Preston almost certainly going to roll over us; the protests will get worse, in bigger numbers, and probably more aggravated as well by the time we play at home next. This is the worst state I've seen this club in from top to bottom since I started watching us in the early 90's, and sadly I feel so disconnected from the club now, I don't really care; and that for me is the worst part. A loss used to ruin my week until we played again. Now I feel absolutely nothing. I hope that changes, I really do.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Feb 2022 23:16

NathStPaul
Millsy I'm actually a bit lost atm, don't know what to think. A vociferous supporter of ACTION ASAP, protests and the pitch invasion, I now don't even know what to think after witnessing the shocking abuse of Drinkwater (whom I've knocked since his second game, so I'm no fan!). I suddenly feel so distant to some of the protesters who up until that point I was 100% behind.

Troubling times.

He's not our player, he gets over 100k a week, he doesn't care what our supporters say to him. Get off your high horse.

We see eye to eye on most of this mate, I'm on no high horse. But on this I respectfully and passionately disagree.

No player deserves that sort of abuse unless they've been abusive towards fans or something. They're f*cking human beings.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2022 23:17

Troubling times.

Angry people acting angry shocker. What do you expect from a protest? A polite exchange of grievances over tea and biscuits?

Yeah, it's not what you want to see, but it's entirely predictable, so no idea why you find it so shocking.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Feb 2022 23:18

Snowflake Royal

Troubling times.

Angry people acting angry shocker. What do you expect from a protest? A polite exchange of grievances over tea and biscuits?

Yeah, it's not what you want to see, but it's entirely predictable, so no idea why you find it so shocking.

Have you ever even been in a protest? Ever been one of the first spearheading a pitch invasion? Ever lead 1000s on the Southbank to chant?

Don't tell me what protests are about.

JR

by JR » 16 Feb 2022 23:19

On Saturday we saw a pre-game peaceful protest that attracted positive media attention.

Then we saw a bunch of thugs running on the pitch at the end of the game - not because they saw that as an effective protest, but because they are hooligans who don’t give a damn about rules, the law or other fans. They should all rightfully receive lifetime banning orders.

Today, I feel the away supporters have done very well - shown unity and positive protest to stay post game. I imagine the coach stake out that followed got edgy at times, got the message across clearly, but stayed on the right side of the law. Overall, a top effort by the fans.

Assuming Dai remains clueless and doesn’t sack Pauno, then the challenge is how to up the ante further at Preston in a positive way.

We cannot afford to get to the Brum game without change as the heavy Reading thug/chav element will have a field day and we will be mightily ashamed of our club and town.

Colin has never been the more obvious course of action.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Feb 2022 23:20

ILoveMoonPig Seriously, we need to chill. We need to stop taking it out on the players and actually offer them support. How much better did they play on Saturday with meite getting the crowd going?

Clearly there's some big interpersonal issues happening at the club, mystery injuries, ongoing sicknesses, whatever happened with Liam Moore etc. Seriously, the players need to get together with the management staff, clear the air and get back together as a group.

Hell, why not send them on a team building weekend to some country retreat in Wales if it would help.

Spot on. They deserve a bonus if they avoid relegation.