BFTG - Peterborough

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Peterborough

by Zip » 17 Feb 2022 09:27

NathStPaul Yeah Hein was probably the least of our issues last night. As I've said previously he and Southwood are essentially interchangeable as goalkeepers and our issues lay in who is playing in front of them. Sure Hein was shaky at times last night but he was definitely proactive in his approach, attacked crosses more than Southwood does but isn't anywhere near as good as Southwood with his feet. It is swings and roundabouts.

I would go along with this. One scuffed clearance last night was awful and he flapped and missed crosses which fortunately for us went unpunished. He made some decent saves too On balance I would prefer a Southwood but accept there isn’t much in it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2022 09:36

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal
Four clangers? Give your head a wobble. Actually, just stop posting. Absolutely PATHETIC.

Nice sig.

That clean sheet was mainly thanks to Morrison and Peterborough's finishing inadequacy. They could have comfortably had 4.

Flapped at a header across him, Morro saves his skin on the line.

Came miles out and passed straight to a Posh player in 10 yards of space leaving the goal gaping.

Did a superman impression on a cross he got nowhere near leaving the goal gaping.

I forget the other.

We could comfortably had 2 - whats your point?

Thats Morro's job to do that, and that he did. You are absolutely clutching at straws to assassinate someone as it does not fit your agenda. Its pathetic. Because of Hein we got a point. End of.

I can see why you were a ref. Visually impaired and stupid.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Feb 2022 09:38

Hein's save in the first half was far from regulation. J C-H absolutely belted that and it was a great save. Good strong hand to tip it round.

For balance, Southwood let in a similar but much simpler save against Hull.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 17 Feb 2022 09:40

Ian has an exciting new obsession which I feel makes him very special.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Feb 2022 09:43

Thought the Peterborough left back Coulson was very good last night. On loan from Middlesbrough I think.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Feb 2022 09:43

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal Nice sig.

That clean sheet was mainly thanks to Morrison and Peterborough's finishing inadequacy. They could have comfortably had 4.

Came miles out and passed straight to a Posh player in 10 yards of space leaving the goal gaping.

Did a superman impression on a cross he got nowhere near leaving the goal gaping.

I forget the other.

Thats Morro's job to do that, and that he did. You are absolutely clutching at straws to assassinate someone as it does not fit your agenda. Its pathetic. Because of Hein we got a point. End of.

Pathetic.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Feb 2022 09:44

Orion1871 Ian has an exciting new obsession which I feel makes him very special.

Yep, its a cycle and we are onto the next one. After that shambolic performance last night, he is on here like a flash to assassinate a decent young keeper who kept us in the game.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Feb 2022 09:46

Norfolk Royal Thought the Peterborough left back Coulson was very good last night. On loan from Middlesbrough I think.

Liked the look of him and Ward for Peterborough. Thought the keeper was decent too.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 17 Feb 2022 09:57

Zip
NathStPaul Yeah Hein was probably the least of our issues last night. As I've said previously he and Southwood are essentially interchangeable as goalkeepers and our issues lay in who is playing in front of them. Sure Hein was shaky at times last night but he was definitely proactive in his approach, attacked crosses more than Southwood does but isn't anywhere near as good as Southwood with his feet. It is swings and roundabouts.

I would go along with this. One scuffed clearance last night was awful and he flapped and missed crosses which fortunately for us went unpunished. He made some decent saves too On balance I would prefer a Southwood but accept there isn’t much in it.

As a senior player Morrison could arguably have taken charge of that situation and taken the ball himself rather than leaving it to his keeper to come so far out in what were difficult weather conditions.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 17 Feb 2022 10:12

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal Surprised to see people giving Hein a good write up. He dropped about 4 or 5 clangers that went unpunished.

Between that and the post against Bristol he's made as many potentially costly mistakes as Southwood has all season in 3 games. The difference being he got lucky because the opposition couldn't finish or Morro saved his blushes on the line.

I am coming in here to say, utter bollocks.

When you have an angst against a player you just do t let up. Like that school bully. Southwood dropped and off you squeal. Hein was excellent last night, in goal to co tribute for our first clean sheet in yonks. He was strong and made a number of class saves and attempted to clear and command his box. Save in first half was outstanding. Just give it up, for gods sake. Pathetic.

I echo this.
I was not in favour of dropping Southwood, but i am not going to say Hein was shit because of it. Clean sheet. A few brave moments and claiming well - also flapped at some but that was all that he could have done. The elements were there for a clanger to happen.
However I will say as I have done a few times - Heins kicking is awful wind or no wind.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 17 Feb 2022 10:25

It was night and day between for desire and effort. Peterborough looked like a side willing to do anything for points. They were taking chunks out of us and we wimped out. You can tell we are not willing to fight - look at the reaction from our players when a team mate got wiped out. No reaction, heads down thats not right.
They roughed us up in the 1st half and outplayed us in the 2nd half. Only a few players looked like they gave a shit, no one put in a hard challenge put themselves on the line. It looked like every player was willing to do the bare minimum to get through the game bar a few players. Hein, Yids and Baba.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 17 Feb 2022 10:33

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal Nice sig.

I forget the other.

you do not go to games
you watch on your tv
paul has a million times more knowledge about football then you ever will
you are a stereotypical armchair "fan" who has no right to have an opinion about football and rfc

you literally needed offside explaining to you once :lol: :lol: :lol:

Once upon a time .

by Once upon a time . » 17 Feb 2022 11:02

A lot of chat about goalkeepers , neither of them is good enough , that’s the truth of the matter .

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Feb 2022 11:03

Obviously the conditions affected the play last night but it looked very much like a 3rd division game which is where one or both of the teams will end up next season-the passing, more so by us, was dire.

Apart from the apparent lack of commitment (call it confidence if you like but few of our players seemed ready to die for the cause) our style of play is meant to be as a passing side, or at least that is what the manager says.

So on a windy night what would most sides do?
Keep it on the deck.
Peterborough did , especially in the second half, and looked far more threatening than we did-it's as if they had a plan but this was a side that has now gone more than 8 hours without scoring and something like one win in 12.

We won't play anybody worse for the rest of the season-from reports Barnsley are not playing as badly as their results indicate.
This was one of those 5 games that we needed to win (yes I know there is no exact science) but watching the game I never felt, apart from the isolated cases of Swift and Joao's chances, that we ever looked like winning and it was a case of holding our breath every time that Peterborough had an attacking set piece.

Either or both of Peterborough and Derby will pick up at least a point at the weekend -let's hope we do the same as hope is just about all we have.

BTW we were very lucky when Morrison gave the ball away early on and IMHO the keeper is about the same as Southwood.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Feb 2022 11:03

What is a 3rd division game?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Feb 2022 11:06

Once upon a time . A lot of chat about goalkeepers , neither of them is good enough , that’s the truth of the matter .

+2

(bonus point for "neither is" instead of "neither are")

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2022 11:20

Coppells Lost Coat
paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal Surprised to see people giving Hein a good write up. He dropped about 4 or 5 clangers that went unpunished.

Between that and the post against Bristol he's made as many potentially costly mistakes as Southwood has all season in 3 games. The difference being he got lucky because the opposition couldn't finish or Morro saved his blushes on the line.

I am coming in here to say, utter bollocks.

When you have an angst against a player you just do t let up. Like that school bully. Southwood dropped and off you squeal. Hein was excellent last night, in goal to co tribute for our first clean sheet in yonks. He was strong and made a number of class saves and attempted to clear and command his box. Save in first half was outstanding. Just give it up, for gods sake. Pathetic.

I echo this.
I was not in favour of dropping Southwood, but i am not going to say Hein was shit because of it. Clean sheet. A few brave moments and claiming well - also flapped at some but that was all that he could have done. The elements were there for a clanger to happen.
However I will say as I have done a few times - Heins kicking is awful wind or no wind.

I didn’t actually say he was shit. I was surprised he was being praised.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Feb 2022 11:25

A lot was faint praise, but more disapproval of abuse directed toward him. Which is completely fair. (The disapproval, not the abuse obvs)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2022 11:36

CountryRoyal A lot was faint praise, but more disapproval of abuse directed toward him. Which is completely fair. (The disapproval, not the abuse obvs)

Absolutely not ok with abuse at him.

Like I've said. He's ok. He's no better than Soutwood. Yesterday was his first poor game imo. Still did some good work.

Not exactly ok with abuse at Drinkwater and I can't stand him.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 17 Feb 2022 11:37

It was a terrible game which I'm sure was partly down to the strong wind and poor surface at partly due to the deeply ineffective players on display.

Not great from Reading but I've no idea why anyone would go after the keeper. He was a bit up and down but not notably bad compared to some of the outfield players.