Hob Nob Addict

Re: Ince out!

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Mar 2023 17:37

How is anyone still Ince in?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 11 Mar 2023 17:38

Once again we have a manager that can't see what is right in front of his face.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 11 Mar 2023 17:43

Sutekh And he’s too ****** negative, not only with team selection much of the time but also the continual moaning that the squad isn’t good enough and seemingly making the squad feel like they’re only here as there wasn’t anyone better available.

To be honest, that's a pretty fair assessment of the situation in terms of the squad, as there wasn't better available for us. Having said that, there is more than enough quality in the squad to stay up at least anyway.

Always frustrating for fans when the football is like it is, but it's probably the best way of playing with the group we've got. We don't have much in the way of quality technical players since the likes of Swift and Olise left.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Mar 2023 17:52

YorkshireRoyal99
Sutekh And he’s too ****** negative, not only with team selection much of the time but also the continual moaning that the squad isn’t good enough and seemingly making the squad feel like they’re only here as there wasn’t anyone better available.

To be honest, that's a pretty fair assessment of the situation in terms of the squad, as there wasn't better available for us. Having said that, there is more than enough quality in the squad to stay up at least anyway.

Always frustrating for fans when the football is like it is, but it's probably the best way of playing with the group we've got. We don't have much in the way of quality technical players since the likes of Swift and Olise left.

I accept the validity of his comments but not his continual repetition of it after every defeat esp. when a lot of it is set up by the management team’s poor tactics and poor game management.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Mar 2023 18:06

YorkshireRoyal99

A team as "shit" as Ince makes it out to be should still be able to get a shot on target every couple of games no?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Mar 2023 18:14

Royal_jimmy I'm losing confidence quickly after that performance. Ince is totally clueless

:lol:

Losing confidence? You've wanted Ince sacked for 6 months you plank. :lol: :lol:

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 11 Mar 2023 18:16

Lets just start with some fresh kids with stamina and urgency, desperately trying to prove themselves. You can't do any worse than lose a game, so lets give some energy a go and see if we disrupt some defences.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Mar 2023 18:16

I will say though, if Ince starts Moore, I'll see you all after the season ends.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 11 Mar 2023 18:24

NewCorkSeth
YorkshireRoyal99

A team as "shit" as Ince makes it out to be should still be able to get a shot on target every couple of games no?

Obviously, but at the same time, we are where we are. We've got to accept bad days will happen, that's the nature of this season. Definitely a lot of things we need to improve on though for sure, write today off and go again in the week. Get this season out of the way, hopefully restriction-free, move forward.

I'd still say Ince should be given the opportunity. On the flip side, if we survive and come out of restrictions, could someone like Nathan Jones be tempted into the job or would he be an unrealistic choice?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Mar 2023 18:32

We are simply not as shit as Ince keeps saying.

If we were, we would already be bottom.

You don't have to be good to do well in the Championship. You just have to be commited, organised and have a plan. We may qualify on one of those grounds, although I'm not convinced.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 11 Mar 2023 18:34

Snowflake Royal We are simply not as shit as Ince keeps saying.

You don't have to be good to do well in the Championship. You just have to be commited, organised and have a plan. We may qualify on one of those grounds, although I'm not convinced.

As a distinctly average Millwall showed today.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Mar 2023 18:38

YorkshireRoyal99
NewCorkSeth
YorkshireRoyal99

Obviously, but at the same time, we are where we are. We've got to accept bad days will happen, that's the nature of this season. Definitely a lot of things we need to improve on though for sure, write today off and go again in the week. Get this season out of the way, hopefully restriction-free, move forward.

I'd still say Ince should be given the opportunity. On the flip side, if we survive and come out of restrictions, could someone like Nathan Jones be tempted into the job or would he be an unrealistic choice?

We've lost 18 games this season mate. Bad days happen but usually not at this frequency.

We've conceded 3 or more goals 12 times (4 times last season).

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 11 Mar 2023 18:58

ITK Eddie speaks:

https://twitter.com/EddieRFC7/status/16 ... 05MDg&s=19

Understand that higher-ups at #ReadingFC have growing doubts as to whether Paul Ince is the man to lead us into next season

For the record, Ince’s goal for the season has been to stay up and I am sure he will deliver on that goal, so on his part he has delivered.

The question around him is whether he is the best option to build and manage a team aiming for promotion.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 11 Mar 2023 19:06

YorkshireRoyal99

The evidence of the last few games would suggest it is far from the best way of playing .

One of the major issues is the completely one dimensional way we use Carroll. He’s technically way above most players of his ilk in this division playing as a main striker . He’s completely wasted if all we are doing is lumping it to him for flick ons to imaginary runners we don’t have.

The only point in starting Dann is surely for his passing . If we occasionally play out from the back , we force the opposition onto us and then we can play into Carroll in a much more precise and constructive way. We don’t have to do it all the time but mixing it up a bit can only help.

Arguably the most maligned player of the last decade was Chris Gunter but one thing he was genuinely very good at was that lofted pass over the midfield and into Kermagant during Stam’s first season.

There’s just no imagination or thought that appears to go into our play. Carroll was nowhere as fit and match ready in his first spell here , yet he was used way more effectively than he is now in my view .

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 11 Mar 2023 19:23

NewCorkSeth
YorkshireRoyal99
NewCorkSeth A team as "shit" as Ince makes it out to be should still be able to get a shot on target every couple of games no?

We've lost 18 games this season mate. Bad days happen but usually not at this frequency.

We've conceded 3 or more goals 12 times (4 times last season).

We were second favourites to go down this season, relegation was seen as pretty likely across the fanbase. It's hardly a massive surprise that we've lost and conceded as many as we have.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 11 Mar 2023 19:26

morganb ITK Eddie speaks:

https://twitter.com/EddieRFC7/status/16 ... 05MDg&s=19

Understand that higher-ups at #ReadingFC have growing doubts as to whether Paul Ince is the man to lead us into next season

For the record, Ince’s goal for the season has been to stay up and I am sure he will deliver on that goal, so on his part he has delivered.

The question around him is whether he is the best option to build and manage a team aiming for promotion.

That confuses me a little though really. The only thing we could achieve this season was survival, it's incredibly difficult to build any sort of way of playing when you don't have the resource to bring what you want into the club.

It's a results business and results this calendar year haven't been great, but we've done enough and I'm confident we will continue to do enough. I just think it's difficult to judge someone when the tools they've had to work with are extremely limited.

That being said, would I be disappointed if Ince left? A little because I think he could do something with us, but there should be scope for us to do more/better with a new manager out of restrictions.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Mar 2023 19:33

Orion1871

Them and Luton have been demonstrating it for quite a while.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 11 Mar 2023 19:45

Ince was always going to be a stop gap manager for us

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Mar 2023 19:50

…..and he may well have to be once again.

Who (realistically, right now) would you favour as manager Jimmy?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Mar 2023 21:22

Orion1871

I actually though Millwall didn't get out of first gear. They looked organised and we just seemed happy to lump balls in the box to nobody. They didn't have to play.
It was almost comical that for 20 minutes Moore just lumped the ball to Carroll....and that was our only plan......and the fact João was nowhere near Carroll at any stage to pick up the flick on or second ball meant their defence had an easy afternoon.
Quick word about Jake Cooper. I find it incredible we let that guy go, yeah he made the odd mistake, but he was young and is now the backbone of that team.

1204 posts