Ince out!

1204 posts
Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ince out!

by Uke » 08 Apr 2023 15:24

The Royal Forester
leon Bowen and Hunt. I could live with that.

Ince? No thanks, you're taking us down.

With all fuss over "he appointed himself" etc. last time I cannot see Bowen being Reading's next manager. Hunt, yes I can see him in that position, but maybe with Bryn, Gilkes . or Leigerwood. Bryn has said in the past that he would love to have the job. Another is Kevin Dillion, who is willing to swim and walk to Reading from South Africa or whwerever is is at the moment.

Kevin Dillon?

Last managed a team in 2011 - Aldershot
“ But on 10 January 2011, after a run of just two wins in the previous ten League games and with attendances declining, Dillon and assistant Gary Owers left the club by mutual agreement.”

Around the time Ince last managed.

Dylan Kerr on the other hand…
“He was exposed to voodoo practices as part of an initiation ceremony when he joined South African club Arcadia Shepherds in 1988 as a 21-year-old. He revealed that he stood in a bath, naked apart from his football boots, as the heads were cut off three live chickens and their blood was poured on him.”

That is the kind of motivation the players need now…

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 08 Apr 2023 15:49

Uke
The Royal Forester
leon Bowen and Hunt. I could live with that.

Ince? No thanks, you're taking us down.

With all fuss over "he appointed himself" etc. last time I cannot see Bowen being Reading's next manager. Hunt, yes I can see him in that position, but maybe with Bryn, Gilkes . or Leigerwood. Bryn has said in the past that he would love to have the job. Another is Kevin Dillion, who is willing to swim and walk to Reading from South Africa or whwerever is is at the moment.

Kevin Dillon?

“ But on 10 January 2011, after a run of just two wins in the previous ten League games and with attendances declining, Dillon and assistant Gary Owers left the club by mutual agreement.”

“He was exposed to voodoo practices as part of an initiation ceremony when he joined South African club Arcadia Shepherds in 1988 as a 21-year-old. He revealed that he stood in a bath, naked apart from his football boots, as the heads were cut off three live chickens and their blood was poured on him.”

Oops! I got Dillion mixed up with Dylan. It is the latter who said about swimming and walking, sorry.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Apr 2023 15:59

The Royal Forester
Uke
The Royal Forester With all fuss over "he appointed himself" etc. last time I cannot see Bowen being Reading's next manager. Hunt, yes I can see him in that position, but maybe with Bryn, Gilkes . or Leigerwood. Bryn has said in the past that he would love to have the job. Another is Kevin Dillion, who is willing to swim and walk to Reading from South Africa or whwerever is is at the moment.

Kevin Dillon?

Oops! I got Dillion mixed up with Dylan. It is the latter who said about swimming and walking, sorry.

Actually think Dylan Kerr maybe a good fit and just what the club needs especially if its successful in its bid for relegation. He’s a fighter and he’s infectiously positive plus he is looking to break into management over here so presume there’d be no little ambition and hunger to prove himself as well. Think he’d certainly be a damn sight better than the useless spangles the club have been digging up and appointing ever since Brian left again.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Apr 2023 16:05

LOL @ the suggestions that without the ex-player angle people would be frothing at the mouth in rage at the idea of.

Fezza

by Fezza » 08 Apr 2023 16:56

I reckon I've reached my tipping point on Ince. I fully agreed with his analysis after the game, I also felt we dropped back after score and lacked intensity - however I wasn't in a position to change it, he was and didn't. I guess that Hunt would need to be the man to come in, I'm not certain what anyone could achieve with the players we have though.

I expect we'll be back to 5 - 3 - 2 on Monday, to match their system.

Nothing will fix te biggest issue though, which is the complete lack of pace in the team.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Apr 2023 17:19

Fezza I reckon I've reached my tipping point on Ince. I fully agreed with his analysis after the game, I also felt we dropped back after score and lacked intensity - however I wasn't in a position to change it, he was and didn't. I guess that Hunt would need to be the man to come in, I'm not certain what anyone could achieve with the players we have though.

I expect we'll be back to 5 - 3 - 2 on Monday, to match their system.

Nothing will fix te biggest issue though, which is the complete lack of pace in the team.

Think just having some forward thinking positivity might help.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Apr 2023 18:31

Sutekh
The Royal Forester
Uke
Kevin Dillon?

Actually think Dylan Kerr maybe a good fit and just what the club needs especially if its successful in its bid for relegation. He’s a fighter and he’s infectiously positive plus he is looking to break into management over here so presume there’d be no little ambition and hunger to prove himself as well. Think he’d certainly be a damn sight better than the useless spangles the club have been digging up and appointing ever since Brian left again.

Infectiously positive you say?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 10 Apr 2023 15:57

Another Parky bottlejob incoming

He'll be perfect for us

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 10 Apr 2023 16:16

Can't wait til he's gone

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Apr 2023 16:54

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 10 Apr 2023 16:56

oxf*rd OFF

IM CRYING NOW WE ARE GOING DOWN!!!!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Apr 2023 16:57

Bye bye Paul.

You won't be missed.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Apr 2023 16:59

Need someone in until the end of the season.

Brian part 3

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 10 Apr 2023 17:04

If Paul Ince is here next season as manager I'm not renewing my season ticket

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Apr 2023 17:05

Fcuk off Ince you thick cnut.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Apr 2023 17:20

Royal_jimmy If Paul Ince is here next season as manager I'm not renewing my season ticket

If Ince is still here when we go down then I'm not renewing regardless.

The worst and most disliked manager in our history. At least Terry Bullivant had the pride and decency to resign.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 10 Apr 2023 17:25

We shouldn't have given him a new deal last summer

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Apr 2023 17:28

Without the deduction we'd be 5 points above the relegation zone.

But is that acceptable

1) with this squad
2) when you get yourself into a great position early on, and then produce consistently disastrous form for months
3) when you know there may well be another 6 points coming
4) when you decide to talk about dodging relegation when you're in the playoff spots and play accordingly
5) when you have absolutely no gameplan other than balls up the centre to Carroll
6) when there has been no improvement in our performances all season
7) when you are totally incapable of reading the game and making required changes in a timely manner?

I like the father and son team and appreciate them keeping us up last season and trying so hard this season.

But the answer to all of the above is no. No none of it is acceptable. To have any chance of staying up I agree we can't do worse than Bowen/Hunt/whomever.

I hope Ince has done enough to earn himself a job elsewhere but he's not the right man for Reading right now.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Apr 2023 17:31

Fully behind the players next Saturday but anything less than 3 points (a massive ask but that's where we are now) there needs to be a big anti-Ince demo outside the offices afterwards.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 10 Apr 2023 17:31

6 wins from our last 30 league games and 2 wins from our last 14. Has to be sacked

1204 posts