1204 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Ince out!

by Franchise FC » 11 Apr 2023 20:02

Sutekh
Franchise FC
East Grinstead Royal
And if you can't, you'll be wonderin' 'y. My friend Jack Ross appears to be out of work, following his departure from Dundee, and if he's got over the ache in his back, he could be a candidate. My other friend, Pete Wild, has done OK at Halifax and Barrow but, honestly, his body is weak and I suspect he would find the job a bit too much, resulting in a loss of sleep, steep temperatures and a 'don't blame me' attitude when it all goes wrong.

That's just madness

Just get down and get with it.

You’re an embarrassment

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Apr 2023 20:12

AthleticoSpizz
fred sharpes nose I am going to miss this thread - lol
don’t worry, there’ll be another one coming along soon enough.

If Brogue wasn't on holiday I'm sure he'd have already started it. Maybe SDR can muck in.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 12 Apr 2023 12:12

unless i have missed them - not seeing any comments from the players about Ince departure - normally get a "thank you", "sorry it didnt work out" comment...

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Apr 2023 12:50

……or the “we let him down” comments

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 12 Apr 2023 13:02

3-4 months too late. It was clear long ago his football, ideas, tactics were limited and the team was waining. That's him as a manager. He'll give you a short-term bounce and then he hasn't got a clue.

Big test of Bowen's ability now to bring in a good manager! Personally I wouldn't look any further than Brian McDermott.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 12 Apr 2023 15:13

Is it just me* or does Paul Ince have a touch of the Harvey Price about him? Especially his last couple of interviews.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 12 Apr 2023 23:51

Only been a day or so, but my life it’s made me happier!

The post-match interviews showed a complete lack of respect for the club & fans. His negative tactics & playing players out of position did my head in.

He’s willed this relegation battle on himself, when we were in the position to make ourselves safe.

He was only going to take us down, but has come too late to save us really.

Won’t be missed

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 13 Apr 2023 07:06

BraisingsteakRoyal Is it just me* or does Paul Ince have a touch of the Harvey Price about him? Especially his last couple of interviews.

:|

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Apr 2023 08:02

Did find it slightly interesting JLows comments on it, clearly didn’t seem to like him a lot

Anyway time to move on now

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Apr 2023 16:36

Kompany has had his say on Paul Ince's sacking, saying he has sympathy for him as he had a "difficult job" with ourselves.

He has a point, but we certainly couldn't continue with him otherwise we were heading straight for League One. The best chance of preserving our Championship status was to replace him and hope this can have some impact on the squad.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Apr 2023 17:27

I'd have a lot more sympathy if he'd shown an ounce of humility, not spent his entire time blaming the players for everything and made some better managerial decisions.

It was a very tough job, that he made much harder for himself.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 13 Apr 2023 21:33

Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz
fred sharpes nose I am going to miss this thread - lol
don’t worry, there’ll be another one coming along soon enough.

If Brogue wasn't on holiday I'm sure he'd have already started it. Maybe SDR can muck in.

Lol

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 13 Apr 2023 23:31

Snowflake Royal I'd have a lot more sympathy if he'd shown an ounce of humility, not spent his entire time blaming the players for everything and made some better managerial decisions.

The players are the ones on the pitch kicking the ball. Not the sodding manager. :roll: :roll: :roll:

elrey

by elrey » 14 Apr 2023 04:46

Lower West
Snowflake Royal I'd have a lot more sympathy if he'd shown an ounce of humility, not spent his entire time blaming the players for everything and made some better managerial decisions.

The players are the ones on the pitch kicking the ball. Not the sodding manager. :roll: :roll: :roll:

And yet some managers manage to make a team better, and others worse... why is that?

Mostly because the manager has the most impact. If a player is having a bad day, the manager could figure this out, or he could just not bother. He could motivate the players, or he could not. He could put the right training in place for the players to succeed, or he could not. He could have the players playing their their strengths, or he could not.

That's the reality of being a manager.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Apr 2023 06:52

Lower West

If you have a team, who in your own words are not mentally able to see out games, why continually send that side out with a tactic of trying to see a game out from the first minute?

If they aren't good enough to follow your tactics find another one. Blackburn at home showed a tactic that worked with this squad. We never used it again.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Apr 2023 08:37

Lower West

Do they pick the team, tactics, make substitutions and be responsible for training too?

:roll:

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Apr 2023 10:25

Stranded
Lower West

If you have a team, who in your own words are not mentally able to see out games, why continually send that side out with a tactic of trying to see a game out from the first minute?

If they aren't good enough to follow your tactics find another one. Blackburn at home showed a tactic that worked with this squad. We never used it again.

I've put that Blackburn game down as a specific tactic to nullify their threats, rather than something Ince ever felt confident in. I saw it as a one off and not something that I expected us to try in multiple games.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Apr 2023 10:30

YorkshireRoyal99
Stranded
Lower West

I've put that Blackburn game down as a specific tactic to nullify their threats, rather than something Ince ever felt confident in. I saw it as a one off and not something that I expected us to try in multiple games.

Maybe, but I refuse to believe that over 41 games, there was never an opportunity to use something similar again.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Apr 2023 10:41

If Ince wasn't laughing in interviews and took some blame then I'd have more understanding. He was too cocky

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Apr 2023 10:59

Stranded
YorkshireRoyal99
Stranded

Maybe, but I refuse to believe that over 41 games, there was never an opportunity to use something similar again.

Yep agree there really, there likely was. It was obvious Ince preferred what was working for us at other times during the season. I don't doubt he will sit there with regrets that he didn't do x, y and z in multiple different games/situations.

1204 posts