Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Ince out!

by Stranded » 14 Apr 2023 11:01

YorkshireRoyal99
Stranded
YorkshireRoyal99
I've put that Blackburn game down as a specific tactic to nullify their threats, rather than something Ince ever felt confident in. I saw it as a one off and not something that I expected us to try in multiple games.

Maybe, but I refuse to believe that over 41 games, there was never an opportunity to use something similar again.

Yep agree there really, there likely was. It was obvious Ince preferred what was working for us at other times during the season. I don't doubt he will sit there with regrets that he didn't do x, y and z in multiple different games/situations.

He won't as without historic mismanagement - his approach had us on 47pts from 41 games - so realistically needing 1 win for safety but once we got to 44 he started talking about pushing for the play-offs and then seemed to make us more negative than anything.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 07 Oct 2023 22:28

I thought Ince was the problems :| :?:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Oct 2023 23:19

Jagermesiter1871 I thought Ince was the problems :| :?:

Ahhh, I see your mistake.

Ince was a problem.

Ince was not the problems.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 17 Jan 2024 09:54

[quote="From Despair To Where?"]The thing with Parky is that there's plenty of stuff that's come into about his time at Bradford that suggest he's a poor man manager who avoided confrontation by telling players what he thought they wanted to hear and that the players really didn't respect him.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-31877950

Rob McElhenney makes his feelings on Phil Parkinson's half-time Wrexham talks clear.

Hollywood co-owner Rob McElhenney heaped praise on manager Phil Parkinson’s impact at half-time after Wrexham scored twice in the second half to move into the League Two automatic promotion places.

With the score goalless at half-time, Wrexham manager Paul Parkinson clearly said the right things to inspire his players as goals from Steven Fletcher and Paul Mullin secured the three points.

The result left McElhenney delighted, as he posted on X after the game to ensure Parkinson received due credit for the turnaround in performance. He wrote:: “If we could bottle up and sell what Phil says to these players at halftime we’d be billionaires"

Despair, bet you're feeling extra stupid now!

1204 posts