1204 posts
karbota
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Ince out!

by karbota » 06 Mar 2022 08:40

Loafer
karbota
Loafer
So Ince is fine then? Being an English manager?

Ince is Interim.

But if he was appointed full time, you will be fine because he is English?

Ince was a great English player not so manager. BTW are you DD?.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 06 Mar 2022 08:45

karbota
Loafer
karbota
Ince is Interim.

But if he was appointed full time, you will be fine because he is English?

No I am not Danny Drinkwater

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 06 Mar 2022 13:44

Loafer
karbota
Loafer But if he was appointed full time, you will be fine because he is English?

No I am not Danny Drinkwater

Simmops?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Mar 2022 13:49

Millsy
Millsy
random chap on youtube responding to Ince's interview "To any Reading fans reading this - i'm a Blackpool fan. Paul Ince was a terrible manager for us, he was sacked 8 yrs ago then he comes into your club in a time of desperate need. He, along with his mate Alex Rae, were incompetent beyond belief. Failure to read the game when it's crying out for substitutions, they had a terrible record with red and yellow cards also. No plan B, just stands on the touchline talking into his hand.
Hoylett put a decent shift in today, but generally, you were set up to lose. Ince isn't the answer, he's not even the question - he shouldn't be anywhere near a championship team in 2022. Next 4 are Milllwall, Forest, Blackburn and Bournemouth. That's a maximum point haul 1 under Ince."

Oof.

Let's see.

Meite on with a few mins to go?

Ejaria on with 12mins to go?

1-0 down with no sign of getting back in and we wait that long?

If it was Pauno we'd have gone nuts.

I was going nuts! Unbelievably bad game management. Who decided we should appoint Ince? Why him?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 06 Mar 2022 14:05

I'm not a fan of his interim appointment but we need to get behind the team. Surely Gilkes should have the bottle to suggest that we make subs earlier than we did yesterday

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Mar 2022 16:33

Royal_jimmy I'm not a fan of his interim appointment but we need to get behind the team. Surely Gilkes should have the bottle to suggest that we make subs earlier than we did yesterday

You’d hope so. I noticed in the interview after the Birmingham game Ince praised his son twice. And now he keeps him on when he’s the least effective player on the pitch. Hes make ridiculously late substitutions.

Really early days yes and I hope we’re not going to see an Ince family vanity project.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Mar 2022 16:39

Pauno Out! and nothing much learn’t from his failings.

Yes, all the aforementioned re. Substitutions.

Sorry, but Gilksies post-match interview did little to uplift any optimism, dodging the facts…he should be a politician.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Mar 2022 16:59

leon
Royal_jimmy I'm not a fan of his interim appointment but we need to get behind the team. Surely Gilkes should have the bottle to suggest that we make subs earlier than we did yesterday

You’d hope so. I noticed in the interview after the Birmingham game Ince praised his son twice. And now he keeps him on when he’s the least effective player on the pitch. Hes make ridiculously late substitutions.

Really early days yes and I hope we’re not going to see an Ince family vanity project.

T ince was the best of the 4 attacking players imo. Hoilett did absolutely f all, whilst swift and Joao had poor games

If he wasn’t P ince’s son I don’t think his non substitution would have raised much of an eyebrow other than he was the obvious player to bring off for Yaks

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 06 Mar 2022 17:20

Tom Ince wouldn't be a championship player if he didn't have a famous dad. He has been consistently awful through his career.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Mar 2022 17:21

Hound
leon

T ince was the best of the 4 attacking players imo. Hoilett did absolutely f all, whilst swift and Joao had poor games

If he wasn’t P ince’s son I don’t think his non substitution would have raised much of an eyebrow other than he was the obvious player to bring off for Yaks

Yeah. Joao's touch deserted him and Cooper bossed him. Swift was neat, but never really did it.

Thought Ince was better than Hoilett early on, but then they roughly switched as Ince really faded out the game and Hoilett improved a bit.

This is very much a continuation from earlier games rather than based on the Millwall game. And could easily have been avoided if Meite came on for someone else at a reasonable time.

PInce is backing himself into a corner by sticking with TInce to the dying seconds or whistle though. It becomes a very easy stick to beat him with if things don't work.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Mar 2022 17:23

Hound
leon

That’s precisely why he should have been subbed. We had a better player in that position.

I thought he was very ineffective. Hoilett was better in the equivalent position. Swift and Joao were fairly anonymous.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 06 Mar 2022 17:34

leon
Hound
leon

That’s precisely why he should have been subbed. We had a better player in that position.

I thought he was very ineffective. Hoilett was better in the equivalent position. Swift and Joao were fairly anonymous.

That's why Meite is such an asset because he's a unique winger. Similar happened against Millwall at home last season, they effectively played the same and had someone tall in midfield who screened balls into Joao and packed the midfield so Swift didn't have space.

It leaves acres of space down the flanks and, admittedly we didn't have Rahman, if we could attack down the left and swing deep crosses into the box, someone like Meite would bully a full back all day long, he's done it consistently for 2/3 years now.

We do seem very reliant on Joao and Swift, obviously, they are quality players. But we have to find other ways to gets goals, Meite is *that* attacking threat. It's a great asset that always gives us something. For as superior as both Forest and Bournemnouth are, if they saw Meite lining up out wide against any full back they've got, both managers would have concerns.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Mar 2022 17:47

Snowflake Royal
Hound
leon

Yeah. Joao's touch deserted him and Cooper bossed him. Swift was neat, but never really did it.

Thought Ince was better than Hoilett early on, but then they roughly switched as Ince really faded out the game and Hoilett improved a bit.

This is very much a continuation from earlier games rather than based on the Millwall game. And could easily have been avoided if Meite came on for someone else at a reasonable time.

PInce is backing himself into a corner by sticking with TInce to the dying seconds or whistle though. It becomes a very easy stick to beat him with if things don't work.

Not Interested in beating anyone with a stick it’s more the fact that Tom Ince wasn’t playing very well and we had a better option on the bench.

The comments from those Blackpool fans is interesting regarding subs. Time as they say will tell.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Mar 2022 17:52

I’d have Meite in the starting 11 every single time unless there was a very good reason not to. Neither Ince or Hoilett is that

I can’t see why Ince couldn’t swap to the left wing if necessary anyway. Got a bit sick of him constantly cutting inside, would rather him go outside and swing some crosses in tbh

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Mar 2022 18:00

Hound
leon

I would have given Ince, Hoilett, Swift and Joao 5/10. All poor. Ince saw plenty of the ball but did very little with it.
I have been underwhelmed by him to date . One assist v Coventry and several missed chances. Meite should be ahead of him.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Mar 2022 18:01

….and who would disagree?

Zip for Manager!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Mar 2022 18:01

Hound I’d have Meite in the starting 11 every single time unless there was a very good reason not to. Neither Ince or Hoilett is that

I can’t see why Ince couldn’t swap to the left wing if necessary anyway. Got a bit sick of him constantly cutting inside, would rather him go outside and swing some crosses in tbh

I was thinking about exactly these points earlier.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 06 Mar 2022 18:03

Zip
Millsy
Millsy
Oof.

Let's see.

I was going nuts! Unbelievably bad game management. Who decided we should appoint Ince? Why him?

For once your talking sense Zip, Parky is waiting for the call.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 06 Mar 2022 18:08

karbota
Zip
Millsy

For once your talking sense Zip, Parky is waiting for the call.

What is your hard on for Parky? We have a British manager who has proven quality as a football player. Parky had failed everywhere he had gone.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Mar 2022 18:11

Parky has bottled/failed it (Hull, Charlton, Bradford, Sunderland etc) at anything above non-league Karbs…sorry ,he’s not for me.

Did great at Colchester, then chased the upgrade.

Great player…unsuccessful manager….tainted record.

Bielsa it is then :wink:

1204 posts