Ince out!

1204 posts
YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Ince out!

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 07 Mar 2022 12:45

Ejaria can easily draw 2/3 players around him at one time, it's an invaluable quality that can open up more space in central areas for both Joao and Swift, which we desperately need if we are going to rely on them. I'm very much under the opinion that:

Meite - Swift - Ejaria
Joao

Is our best front 4.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Mar 2022 12:54

YorkshireRoyal99 Ejaria can easily draw 2/3 players around him at one time, it's an invaluable quality that can open up more space in central areas for both Joao and Swift, which we desperately need if we are going to rely on them. I'm very much under the opinion that:

Meite - Swift - Ejaria
Joao

Is our best front 4.

So the same front four that miserably failed the last three months of last season? Except Olise, who’s gone on to much better things

Need to take it game by game, play to the opposition’s weaknesses. Strange to say given his lack of pace, but I’ve always thought Ejaria plays better against better teams, where there’s more space on the counter/between the lines. He does nothing against low block teams. Same with Halilovic

Whereas the likes of Hoilett and Meite are more likely to create something from nothing against teams sat in. Hoilett has a decent cross on him, with Meite and Joao as targets too

Then there’s the likes of Ince, Barker, Dele Bashiru and Azeez (if he’s back this season) to consider too. From a real dearth of options earlier on in the season, simply have too many now

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 07 Mar 2022 13:02

Next manager out. Keep them going.

Well done Brogue.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 07 Mar 2022 13:34

URZZZZ
YorkshireRoyal99 Ejaria can easily draw 2/3 players around him at one time, it's an invaluable quality that can open up more space in central areas for both Joao and Swift, which we desperately need if we are going to rely on them. I'm very much under the opinion that:

Meite - Swift - Ejaria
Joao

Is our best front 4.

So the same front four that miserably failed the last three months of last season? Except Olise, who’s gone on to much better things

Need to take it game by game, play to the opposition’s weaknesses. Strange to say given his lack of pace, but I’ve always thought Ejaria plays better against better teams, where there’s more space on the counter/between the lines. He does nothing against low block teams. Same with Halilovic

Whereas the likes of Hoilett and Meite are more likely to create something from nothing against teams sat in. Hoilett has a decent cross on him, with Meite and Joao as targets too

Then there’s the likes of Ince, Barker, Dele Bashiru and Azeez (if he’s back this season) to consider too. From a real dearth of options earlier on in the season, simply have too many now

I don't mean that's our set in stone front 4, I'm saying that's our best front 4, in my opinion. It's obviously not the one that should start week in, week out, because yes of course the opposition will influence what happens there. I take last season as a bit of a moot point to be honest, as it's a completely different scenario now and under a different manager as well.

I agree that we have overstocked in the wide areas, it's just another classic example of poor recruitment from ourselves. Even if Kia is not directly involved in our transfers, Seb Ewen, who has come from Kia's agency, is our head of recruitment, who has had no previous club experience in a scouting department and he is our Chief Scout. That needs to change straight away.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Mar 2022 16:06

URZZZZ

Meite - Swift - Ejaria
Joao

Is our best front 4.

I'd take Hoilett or Halilovic or Ince or Azeez over Ejaria.

But then I detest the way he plays football.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Mar 2022 16:22

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

Meite - Swift - Ejaria
Joao

Is our best front 4.

I'd take Hoilett or Halilovic or Ince or Azeez over Ejaria.

But then I detest the way he plays football.

Really? Why haven’t you mentioned that before :wink:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Mar 2022 17:15

Anyone think Ince is as shit as Pauno

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Mar 2022 17:23

Royal_jimmy Anyone think Ince is as shit as Pauno

I’d be keen to hear from those twats who were telling everyone to be positive when he was appointed.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Mar 2022 17:25

I’m sure that you are eagerly awaiting your green light of opportunity to start telling us your thoughts Jimmy :lol:

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 12 Mar 2022 17:26

leon

I’d be keen to hear from those twats who were telling everyone to be positive when he was appointed.

What does it achieve being negative right now?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Mar 2022 17:26

Is he the first new manager to bounce a team further down?

To make matters worse, once again blanked the fans at the end of the game.

'Say we want Ince out now, say we want Ince out now!'.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Mar 2022 17:28

Both?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Mar 2022 17:30

leon

I didn’t think it was good, but I definitely remember lauding around the fcuking-dumb-pcunt expression of “it can’t be any worse”.

Fcuking mug, me.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Mar 2022 17:51

He clearly doesn't give a shit. Seems more concerned with talking to the media about United. It's mind blowing that we're not in the bottom three, and that without the points deduction we'd actually be fairly comfortable. Not too late to bring in Colin to save our season, but clearly nothing is gonna change.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Mar 2022 17:51

CountryRoyal
leon

I didn’t think it was good, but I definitely remember lauding around the fcuking-dumb-pcunt expression of “it can’t be any worse”.

Fcuking mug, me.

Think the majority felt the same.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Mar 2022 17:53

At least he was angry with the second half performance and told the players so, even said they’ve got to forget the pretty passing cr@p and dig in.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 12 Mar 2022 17:53

Pepe the Horseman He clearly doesn't give a shit. Seems more concerned with talking to the media about United. It's mind blowing that we're not in the bottom three, and that without the points deduction we'd actually be fairly comfortable. Not too late to bring in Colin to save our season, but clearly nothing is gonna change.

Thought the post match interview was brutally frank and honest. Would appear not to rate some of the squad.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Mar 2022 17:56

Lower West
Pepe the Horseman He clearly doesn't give a shit. Seems more concerned with talking to the media about United. It's mind blowing that we're not in the bottom three, and that without the points deduction we'd actually be fairly comfortable. Not too late to bring in Colin to save our season, but clearly nothing is gonna change.

Thought the post match interview was brutally frank and honest. Would appear not to rate some of the squad.

Why on earth not?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 12 Mar 2022 17:59

Lower West

Ummmm the conversation switched between "us" and "them" part of the way through the conversation.
Not sure whether to read anything into that.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Mar 2022 18:11

He can be as frank and honest and talk the good talk as much as he likes on the interview, means nothing with performances like that.

We look more clueless than under Pauno.

1204 posts