Your biggest disappointment XI

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Your biggest disappointment XI

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Mar 2022 13:03

Players who should have been good, big names maybe or those with an occasional moment of magic amongst mediocrity

Mikhailov
Halford, Keown, Duberry, Blackett
Sarr, Matejovsky Fae, Aluko
Vydra, Pogrebnyak

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Your biggest disappointment XI

by Loafer » 03 Mar 2022 14:03

Emerse fae, matejovsky, halls, Halford, vydra for sure

Names escaped me but the forward we had who was utter shit then randomly scored a bunch of goals in 1 season and then oxf*rd off and was shit again

Seoul ki hyun. Was great and then just dropped off completely

Glen little 2.0

Afobe

Dave mooney

Sam sodje (he was just shit tbf)

Convey before 05 06 season

The pog

Dixie Norm

by Dixie Norm » 03 Mar 2022 14:08

Carl Asaba x11

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Mar 2022 14:12

Drenthe for sure. I remember when we signed him and I though we were going to absolutely rip through the league, wasn't to be.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Mar 2022 14:27

Loafer
Names escaped me but the forward we had who was utter shit then randomly scored a bunch of goals in 1 season and then oxf*rd off and was shit again

Nick Blackman?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 03 Mar 2022 14:28

Hound
Loafer

Nick Blackman?

yes

no idea why I thought for ages and ages and all I could think of was sam baldock

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 03 Mar 2022 14:28

Hendo Drenthe for sure. I remember when we signed him and I though we were going to absolutely rip through the league, wasn't to be.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

what a shower of shit he was

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 03 Mar 2022 15:09

Rafael
Halford Carrico Keown Bridge
Drinkwater Fae
Blackman Vydra Pogrebnyak Drenthe

Bit of overlap with this compared to other teams (i.e. Carrico). Think it's much easier to pick the attacking department rather than most other positions really. Essentially, take your pick for CF from the 3 (including Blackman) named in this squad as well as Chris Martin, Lewis Grabban, Billy Sharp as well as. Every time we seemed to loan a "proven" Championship player they were poor for us.

Danny Loader and maybe even Jordan Obita could even go on this list as well. Loader was probably more hyped during his breakthrough than what both Olise and Richards were who have gone on to the next level now whereas he seems to have plateaued in Portugal. Obita, in comparison to Richards, another player who had promise from the academy, whereas Richards seems to be fulfilling his, Obita never did. Granted his horrific injury situation didn't help his cause at all, probably why I didn't include him on the list.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 03 Mar 2022 15:19

YorkshireRoyal99 Rafael
Drinkwater Fae

Bit of overlap with this compared to other teams (i.e. Carrico). Think it's much easier to pick the attacking department rather than most other positions really. Essentially, take your pick for CF from the 3 (including Blackman) named in this squad as well as Chris Martin, Lewis Grabban, Billy Sharp as well as. Every time we seemed to loan a "proven" Championship player they were poor for us.

Danny Loader and maybe even Jordan Obita could even go on this list as well. Loader was probably more hyped during his breakthrough than what both Olise and Richards were who have gone on to the next level now whereas he seems to have plateaued in Portugal. Obita, in comparison to Richards, another player who had promise from the academy, whereas Richards seems to be fulfilling his, Obita never did. Granted his horrific injury situation didn't help his cause at all, probably why I didn't include him on the list.

Rafael?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Mar 2022 15:23

Bond

Halford
Upson - only here for 3 months :wink:
Keown
Blackett

Drenthe
Fae
Baccuna
Beerens

Vydra
Pog

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Mar 2022 16:38

In any order and position:

Jakkola
Mass Sarr
Sam Sodje
Nigel Vaughn
Pog
Vydra
Brooker
Both Ferdinands
Scott Murray
Marek Matejovski

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 03 Mar 2022 16:51

Loafer Names escaped me but the forward we had who was utter shit then randomly scored a bunch of goals in 1 season and then oxf*rd off and was shit again

Nick Blackman?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 03 Mar 2022 17:00

Loafer
YorkshireRoyal99 Rafael
Drinkwater Fae

Rafael?

Just on the basis he had 1 good season and the rest was pretty poor/below average at best really. For a former Brazilian International who was at Napoli and other top flight Italian clubs, I was pretty disappointed overall, particularly given the wages he was on as well.

Gloucesterroyal

by Gloucesterroyal » 03 Mar 2022 17:38

Going back a bit but Craig Maskell and even more so Steve Moran.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Mar 2022 17:42

Yeah, had them both in the ‘average’ X1 thread

bakerlou

by bakerlou » 03 Mar 2022 18:08

Sean Evers

and I'm disappointed not to see Swales mentioned

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :idea: most disappointing team board thread coming soon :idea: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Mar 2022 18:37

Hendo Drenthe for sure. I remember when we signed him and I though we were going to absolutely rip through the league, wasn't to be.

Lots of contenders in attacking midfield, on the wing and in attack.

Sarr, Drenthe, Aluko, Appiah, Ferdinand, Vydra, Pogrebnyak, Vydra, Sharpe, Grabban, Yakubu, Piazon, John, Brayson, Fleck, Scott, Brooker, Murray, Sims, Rasiak, Ejaria ( :wink: ), Martin, Asaba...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Mar 2022 18:38

YorkshireRoyal99 Rafael
Drinkwater Fae

Drinkwater is a fantastic shout.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 03 Mar 2022 18:43

Mannone

Gunter
Ilori
Oxford
Mills

Meyler
Fae